• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
FURminator $10.49 Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FSFNVI

Amazon's FURminators are down to $10.49 (free shipping with Prime)

Medium and Large sizes for $10.49, Small for $12.17

imposteroak op

Member Summary

FURminator
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

That thing works! Get it!

giselmey said:   That thing works! Get it!

Agreed , they work excellant . Definitly worth the posted price .

Yep. Have one too. Unreal the amount of hair this thing gets.

Great deal, even on the newer models! Been wanting to pick up a second. The vet has been trying to push them at full retail. Pfft. Thanks!

12.15 now for large

Before they started making all the "fancy" models with the fur ejector (that doesn't work) and the coat types (which usually doesn't matter) - These things were $25. Now they go for upwards of $50

Amazing find. Old school works. Get them.

Great price, this is a great tool. It's amazing how much hair this thing will pull off my lab. Pictures that users have shared are correct.

This thing works great for pulling out the undercoat on my German Shepard, I bought a second one as my dog decided to chew up the first one.

When I saw that OJ was commenting on a FURMINator thread, I was expecting something completely different.

Too old?

mkdevo said:   Great deal, even on the newer models! Been wanting to pick up a second. The vet has been trying to push them at full retail. Pfft. Thanks!Are you saying that the newer models (Medium $22.20, Large $17.05) are a better buy?

They are counterfeit and fake!
A friend of mine purchased them from a shady supplier and sold them on Amazon only to receive the following email:

"After watching thousands of counterfeits of its pet shedding tools flood online sites, FURminator is biting back.

Furminator Inc. is taking legal steps to stop individuals and companies selling knock-off Furminator deShedding tools.

FURminator's arsenal of weapons includes private investigators who look for rogue China factories, online monitors who scan the Internet looking for knockoffs, and U.S. customs officials who help the company stop imports of counterfeit products.

Furminator president Olivier Amice said the company is monitoring online sale activities, delisting sellers at eBay, Amazon and other e-commerce websites, working closely with U.S. customs officials, collaborating with the International AntiCounterfeiting Coalition Inc. and exercising legal recourse.

"The question anymore isn't: will we find you?" said Olivier Amice, FURminator's president, "The question is: when will we get you?"

FURminator has had some recent success with its expanded efforts to stop counterfeit sales, which Amice estimates siphon away more than $10 million in sales a year from the company. FURminator's tools sell for between $35 and $73. Knockoffs online can be found for as low as $9.95.

In August, a seller of counterfeit FURminator tools at a market in China was arrested and fined. The seller, according to FURminator's investigators, had a truck with 5,000 counterfeit grooming tools. After the arrest, the seller's supplier in China stopped making the tools.

Over the past three months, U.S. Customs and Border Protection officials seized 12 shipments of counterfeit FURminator tools with a value estimated at $150,000, after the company worked with officials to identify the products.

And in federal court, FURminator won a $150,000 judgment this year against a seller of counterfeit tools. The company also filed a lawsuit August. 14 in the U.S. District Court, Eastern District, against nine people who the company alleges are infringing on its trademarks by selling brushes on Internet sites eBay and Amazon unlawfully.

The company regularly buys products labeled 'FURminator' from websites to study what the counterfeits look like. True FURminator products are only sold at major retailers such as Petco and PETsMART, or from the company directly.

FURminator's employees have attended programs on combatting counterfeits held by the IACC, a Washington, D.C.-based nonprofit industry organization that recently formed a task force on addressing trademark infringement in China.

We are working more closely now with U.S. Customs, which is part of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, to identify counterfeits. In its last fiscal year, U.S. Customs officials confiscated counterfeit goods worth $260.7 million in 14,841 seizures.

The IACC also provides training to its members on working with U.S. Customs.

Furminator Inc."

Call Furminator to confirm, they will tell you that all the low priced units on Amazon are fake.

aceskings said:   They are counterfeit and fake!
A friend of mine purchased them from a shady supplier and sold them on Amazon only to receive the following email:

"After watching thousands of counterfeits of its pet shedding tools flood online sites, FURminator is biting back.

Call Furminator to confirm, they will tell you that all the low priced units on Amazon are fake.

But does the fake work just as well? It's hard to justify $50 on a comb for my dog, no matter how much I love her.

I bought mine at Amazon.com. The packaging was clearly legit. But more important: The thing works, and works incredibly well.

If it's fake, all I can say is that Furminator is ripping people off with the prices they charge, because the "fake" works just as well.

MontyBurnsFW said:   I bought mine at Amazon.com. The packaging was clearly legit. But more important: The thing works, and works incredibly well.

If it's fake, all I can say is that Furminator is ripping people off with the prices they charge, because the "fake" works just as well.

The ones sold BY Amazon are most likely real. The ones "Fulfilled by Amazon" are a bit more questionable. (and the Amazon ones are obviously more expensive, $31 for the newer model)

In for one counterfeit/real furminator. Thanks

MontyBurnsFW said:   I bought mine at Amazon.com. The packaging was clearly legit. But more important: The thing works, and works incredibly well.

What's the definition of ripping people off? Furminator has to spend money on sales reps, advertising and marketing, tradeshows as well -- and do the counterfeiters pay for that? Furminator has payroll and health insurance and taxes to pay. Do the counterfeiters at Chinese factories help them pay for the overhead? This is clearly the reason trademark laws were passed: So others can't profit off the labor of others. Seems to me it's the counterfeiters that are ripping people off.

And no, I don't work for Furminator. Thanks for your time.

ALLEGED counterfeiters.

No one has any evidence that the items being sold here are counterfeit.

But, carry on.

I bought one of the newer ones. For $15 it's a lot cheaper than at Petco and I was able to purchase it for free using Discover card Cash Back and Prime

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 12:00AM CST (Midnight) tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.