• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Just picked up a Panasonic 32 inch HD TV at Target for $159.99. Model number TC-L32C5. It was on clearance for 50% off.

Pretty good reviews on Amazon:
Amazon Review

Saved an extra 5% with Target Red Card!

Member Summary

TC-L32C5 (21.85kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Good enough. Since you're not interested why don't you let others know which store so they might give it a shot.

retrac (Oct. 03, 2012 @ 9:23p) |

2 at the Harrisburg, PA Colonial Commons Target @ $159...grabbed 1 and left 1. Thanx OP!

DisturbingThePriest (Oct. 04, 2012 @ 9:26a) |

Sparks, NV, store had a display model for $207, with a missing remote.

anonguy (Oct. 06, 2012 @ 11:28p) |

This 32” Panasonic VIERA LCD is a great TV for viewing your favorite programs, gaming, or viewing your favorite photos.
The 720P resolution is excellent if viewing the set from 6.5 feet or further back.
Using Game Mode automatically chooses settings that provide the optimal image, so you get super-fast gaming response and no delays. Even dark scenes with delicately rendered details are beautiful and easy to see.
With the Media Player, insert a USB memory stick into the slot to enjoy previously saved photos and music on VIERA's large screen.

Screen Size: 32.0 " Video Resolution: HD - 720p Maximum Resolution: 1366 x 768 Television Features: DLNA Certified, Gaming Mode, Wide Viewing Angles, Favorite Channels Mounting Features: Detachable Base Stand, Wall Mountable Display Features: Closed Caption, High Resolution Panel, HD Display Media Type Compatibility: SD Card Screen Refresh Rate: 60 Hz Response Time: .0001ms Response Time Video Upconversion: 720p Tuner Type: ATSC/NTSC HD Compatibility: HD-Built-In HDTV/ATSC Tuner Aspect Ratio: 16:9 Widescreen Playback File Format: JPEG, MP3, Motion JPEG Audio Features: Dolby Digital Surround Sound Speaker Type: Down-Firing Number of Speakers: 2 Input Type: USB 2.0, HDMI Port, Component Video, Component YCbCr/YPbPr + L/R Audio, PC Number of HDMI Inputs: 2 Number of Component Inputs: 1 Number of Composite Inputs: 1 Number of PC Inputs: 1 Number of DVI Inputs: 1 Location of HDMI Inputs: 4 Side Location of Component Inputs: 1 Rear Location of Composite Inputs: 1 Rear Output Types: Digital Audio Number of Digital Audio Outputs: 1 Finish: Glossy Includes: Component Cables, Detachable Base Stand, User Manual, Standard Remote Control, Power Cord,
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Panasonic 32" Class 720p 60Hz LCD HDTV - Black (TC-L32C5)
DPCI : (DPCI) 008-09-1233 Online item # : 14054077
Link to TV

Link not working, or is it just me?

Not working for me either.

Fixed the link, sorry.

SmoothMensan said:   Link not working, or is it just me?
Try this.

http://www.target.com/p/panasonic-32-class-720p-60hz-lcd-hdtv-bl...


Only one 1 star review on Target.com itself. Seems to conflict with reviews OP mentions. So who knows more about this?

My stores all say Limited Stock. With discounts we would pay $136 plus tax.

SmoothMensan said:   Link not working, or is it just me?
link works for me, but is only for information. probably in-store floor model (all stores near me say "limited stock" which for me has always been the display model.

Note that this is the entry level model and as such does NOT have a IPS screen with 178 degree viewing angles.

It probably is better to go with the TCL based sets from Amazon for $219-$239 that come with IPS/178* and 2 year full parts and labor warranty.

I like Panasonic (have 2 plasmas and researched/bought two of their older IPS LCD's for friends) but on these lower end sets, TCL seems to be the best price/peformance/warranty nowdays.

Nice find OP, do you have a picture of the UPC? I prefer to scan the picture in store to see if it's marked down before I ask for help, and alert the shirts...

Have not taken it out of the box yet, but the online users manual states:

Refresh Rate
60 Hz

Picture Resolution

32 WXGA (1366X768)

Viewing Angle
32 Horizontal 176 & Vertical 176
42 Horizontal 178 & Vertical 178

Brightness (Typical)
32 350 cd/m2
42 300 cd/m2

Aspect Ratio
16:9

Voltage
AC 110-127 V, 60 Hz

Rated Power Consumption
32: 97 Watts ; 42: 172 Watts

Color System
NTSC 3.58

Sound System 1-way 2 bottom SP System

Channel Capability-ATSC/NTSC (Digital/Analog)
VHF/UHF: 2 - 69, CATV: 1 - 135

Sound Output
32 : 5W+5W ; 42 : 8W+8W

Dimensions (Including Stand)
32 : 30.7 21.5 9.9 (779 mm 545 mm 250 mm)
42 : 40.2 26.7 10.7 (1020 mm 677 mm 270 mm)

Net Weight (Including Stand)
32 : 22.1Ib. (10kg)
42 : 32.0Ib. (14.5kg)

Checked our local Target and it's still listed at $207, so I suspect that the price will drop soon....

krempert said:   Checked our local Target and it's still listed at $207, so I suspect that the price will drop soon....

I also put my hands on one but it was 207 as well. Might swing back by in a week.

$207 at my local Target too. So will wait for another drop.

did u try taking over to the price scanner?

I had the sales associate check for inventory and he states that on their system price has dropped only to $207. He says that each stores drops clearance price differently based on inventory.

mwa423 said:   krempert said:   Checked our local Target and it's still listed at $207, so I suspect that the price will drop soon....

I also put my hands on one but it was 207 as well. Might swing back by in a week.


Same story here.

720p 60hz not bashing the deal just maybe update the description with basic info

Any thoughts on which would be better bang for the buck, this Panasonic or the 50" Element? http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1220617/ Smaller size, better name, and I'm guessing 720p doesn't make that big a difference in this size?

docjoo said:   I had the sales associate check for inventory and he states that on their system price has dropped only to $207. He says that each stores drops clearance price differently based on inventory.Sorry 'cause I never want to say it but you just alerted the shirts in your store of the upcoming price drop. Just a FYI

JamesD1343 said:   720p 60hz not bashing the deal just maybe update the description with basic info

There are three posts above yours, including the Quick Summary immediately below the original post, that state the unit's resolution. I don't understand your complaint.

retrac said:   docjoo said:   I had the sales associate check for inventory and he states that on their system price has dropped only to $207. He says that each stores drops clearance price differently based on inventory.Sorry 'cause I never want to say it but you just alerted the shirts in your store of the upcoming price drop. Just a FYI

Relax...there was only one store that carried it within 50 miles from my location. They only had one left. Price was $207...not $160. The employee already knew that this TV was on clearance and nearby stores didn't have them anymore. It's not a secret. Price shows as $207 on the display and Target computer system. Employee can buy it for $207 if he wants since I am not going to buy it unless I see price drop to $160. I seriously doubt the last tv will last till next price drop. Not worth my time to check every day for a price drop.

JamesD1343 said:   720p 60hz not bashing the deal just maybe update the description with basic info

What did you expect for $160? 1080p and 240hz? Be realistic.

cc423 said:   Any thoughts on which would be better bang for the buck, this Panasonic or the 50" Element? http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1220617/ Smaller size, better name, and I'm guessing 720p doesn't make that big a difference in this size?

I have one of those 50" Element, if you can find one get it, good luck though

Checked two local stores (Houston area). One sold two NIB yesterday for $159 (sold out now), the other store has one display, no remote, for $207.99.

docjoo said:   retrac said:   docjoo said:   I had the sales associate check for inventory and he states that on their system price has dropped only to $207. He says that each stores drops clearance price differently based on inventory.Sorry 'cause I never want to say it but you just alerted the shirts in your store of the upcoming price drop. Just a FYI

Relax...there was only one store that carried it within 50 miles from my location. They only had one left. Price was $207...not $160. The employee already knew that this TV was on clearance and nearby stores didn't have them anymore. It's not a secret. Price shows as $207 on the display and Target computer system. Employee can buy it for $207 if he wants since I am not going to buy it unless I see price drop to $160. I seriously doubt the last tv will last till next price drop. Not worth my time to check every day for a price drop.
Don't worry, completely relaxed here. Had you included said info I wouldn't have wasted your time and mine. No biggie

Store in GA (Alpharetta) had $207 for display model less 10%. Not sure if it had remote.

I just went to target tonight, had one on display and they offered 20% less the 159.47, so down to $127.98 less 5% for target card, plus tax= $131.61

jocarpo said:   I just went to target tonight, had one on display and they offered 20% less the 159.47, so down to $127.98 less 5% for target card, plus tax= $131.61

One thing i would never buy is a display model TV they run all day every day. no thanks

importcf said:   jocarpo said:   I just went to target tonight, had one on display and they offered 20% less the 159.47, so down to $127.98 less 5% for target card, plus tax= $131.61

One thing i would never buy is a display model TV they run all day every day. no thanks


Quoting Homer Simpson... extended warranty, how could I lose!

got the Element.. have it the loft.. looks much better than expected and since it was for the kids use.. they didnt notice the difference.. ended up returning the 55' Sony deal from frys.. on the 30th day.. so i got my full refund..

How are you checking availability in local B&M?

When I open the tv page, I get: not sold in stores, not available In Store, online only

That changed since yesterday, but the TV IS sold in stores. I saw one yesterday at my local store.

Just got back from a local Target...

They did have this TV on display and it was marked $159.99 but none to sell...

chard31 said:   Just got back from a local Target...

They did have this TV on display and it was marked $159.99 but none to sell...
You didn't want to try your luck on the display? Check with a mgr if nothing else to see your options. Just saying

This link should work to check store inventory:

Store Inventory

retrac said:   chard31 said:   Just got back from a local Target...

They did have this TV on display and it was marked $159.99 but none to sell...
You didn't want to try your luck on the display? Check with a mgr if nothing else to see your options. Just saying



I did ask about the display model and was told they would take 10% off BUT it does not come with remote, stand, box or anything else...

No thanks...

UMDstudent said:   This link should work to check store inventory:

Store Inventory


Thank you!

I grabbed the last one new in box for $207 last night. Any it's OOS in all stores near me today when I checked.

chard31 said:   retrac said:   chard31 said:   Just got back from a local Target...

They did have this TV on display and it was marked $159.99 but none to sell...
You didn't want to try your luck on the display? Check with a mgr if nothing else to see your options. Just saying



I did ask about the display model and was told they would take 10% off BUT it does not come with remote, stand, box or anything else...

No thanks...
Good enough. Since you're not interested why don't you let others know which store so they might give it a shot.

Skipping 2 Messages...
Sparks, NV, store had a display model for $207, with a missing remote.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014