• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I was just looking to cash out 45K points on AMEX Membership Rewards and found out they have a special (20% off)

$100 HD card ---> 8000 pts
$50 HD card ----> 4000 pts

If you have points sitting in your account, this might be a deal to consider.

Membership Rewards Link

* You must be logged in to see point discount

Home Depot
See Home Depot discounts that earn 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

AMEX (71.85kB)
Thanks Virgil27
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Mine all say "This eGift card has no expiration date and no fees"

ToHellWithUGA (Oct. 05, 2012 @ 2:37p) |

You mean the FEES for TCs right? Otherwise I would be maxing them suckers out. I can deposit TCs at my bank for full f... (more)

RedWolfe01 (Oct. 05, 2012 @ 2:56p) |

I see.... You got the e-gift card for online purchase. I ordered the actual card for in-store purchase.

jomarrod (Oct. 07, 2012 @ 7:36a) |

it's still 5000 pts for me

zhutou said:   it's still 5000 pts for me

Are you logged in? See on the top right corner of your screen (on the MR page)

jomarrod said:   zhutou said:   it's still 5000 pts for me

Are you logged in? See on the top right corner of your screen (on the MR page)

Yes I am logged in. So I guess it must be account specific.

Still 5000 for me too.

Grrr me too

After I logged in and went to the "ShopAmex" page it displayed the following banner at the top "Congratulations: XXXXXX XXXXXXXXX You qualify for a Membership Rewards® points discount on shopAmex® until December 31, 2012.". For me at least I get 25% any purchase (including gift cards) through the end of the year.

nada for me....

Must be targeted as I am getting a bunch of "discounted" gift cards, but nothing I would ever use. Looks like a "bargain bin" assortment, but no flat % off or deals on biggies like HD.

8500 points for $100 gift card is the discount I got.

not seeing it either. im seeing the 20% off at shopamex but everything on that site cost double points compares to the gift cards on the rewards site.

No sale on the HD gc for me either.

Weird, can't find HD card at all.

-Tri

no sale for me

Strange thing is I can't find The Home Depot gift cards listed. (I can see the 20% off on my login)

abbygrace said:   After I logged in and went to the "ShopAmex" page it displayed the following banner at the top "Congratulations: XXXXXX XXXXXXXXX You qualify for a Membership Rewards® points discount on shopAmex® until December 31, 2012.". For me at least I get 25% any purchase (including gift cards) through the end of the year.

When you go through "ShopAmex," the gift cards are double the points (for example $100 WalMart - 20,000 points) less 25% discount = 1.5x points. That's not a good deal.

Odd - I saw the discount earlier, but just went to buy a few, and it's gone.

I'm showing the discount on my page. Though, I feel it may be targeted. I bought a $25 gift card at normal points, and 24 hours later almost all the gift cards are showing the discount. Coincidence, probably not.

I got this deal a few months back, just fyi for anyone that doesn't know; the card can only be used to buy items in the store, you can not transfer the funds or pay off your Home Depot balance.. I had to sell mine off on eBay and take a 30% hit for fee's

Dil

Id buy peoples points for more than that

Not for me. Must be trageted?

All depends what card you have, I just called them and asked why I wasn't seeing the deal with the normal Cust rep and they gave me a bunch of bs about select promo so on and gave me 3k points for free, waited a week called back again this time the rewards number and the guy gave me the deal

DIL

Just check your account randomly. I had this offer for $50 gift cards a few weeks ago, but don't now.

Not me, shows 10k points for the $100 one. oh well

I even don't have HD card there.

It's listed under "THE Home Depot"

Signed in earlier today and saw the 20% off banner. > now I sign in again and the 20% off does not show. Is it expired?

ive got a bunch of hotels, gap, bath and body, pottery barn, and williams sonoma, plus Home Depot. but, i am only getting 15% off.

7890 said:   Id buy peoples points for more than that

What's your rate?

Dilbertic said:   I got this deal a few months back, just fyi for anyone that doesn't know; the card can only be used to buy items in the store, you can not transfer the funds or pay off your Home Depot balance.. I had to sell mine off on eBay and take a 30% hit for fee's

Dil

Is there anywhere you could use a GC to pay off a card balance

kccwalker said:   Signed in earlier today and saw the 20% off banner. > now I sign in again and the 20% off does not show. Is it expired?

Make sure you are really signed in (look at the right had corner and see what is says.

I think it depends on the card you have.
I don't have that discount and I have the Blue card.

I found it.
You have to go to ShopAmex and login.

Then navigate into giftcards. But I don't see Home Depot.

Home Depot is listed as The Home Depot so look under the T section.

yangdr said:   I found it.
You have to go to ShopAmex and login.

Then navigate into giftcards. But I don't see Home Depot.

Go to the rewards home page. Type Home Depot in the search box. The only thing it brings up on mine is The Home Depot gift card

I will give $100 cash for 8,000 AMEX points...contact me!

If you order any gift card from AMEX Membership Rewards, be aware that some of the cards have expiration dates. I didn't expect that and let a card expire. AMEX refuses to replace it because they say it is in the Terms and Conditions. Who reads all of that? My bad for not noticing but I hope no one else ends up wasting points like this.

bippie said:   If you order any gift card from AMEX Membership Rewards, be aware that some of the cards have expiration dates. I didn't expect that and let a card expire. AMEX refuses to replace it because they say it is in the Terms and Conditions. Who reads all of that? My bad for not noticing but I hope no one else ends up wasting points like this.

How many days do you get from the time you get them from the time they expire? I have nothing to buy - I just got them to sell them and cash out.

Mine said 8500 points for $100 gift card.

Thanks OP.

8500 is better than 10,000 points!

Skipping 9 Messages...
I see.... You got the e-gift card for online purchase. I ordered the actual card for in-store purchase.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014