Not a big fan of saveloy.com .. but this looks like a good deal

2 Ligthning cables for 14.95 shipped

edit: removed 'Apple' from the title

Member Summary

lightning
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

i dont see if they say this is the real or fake one. second value 60 lol...its only 20 each at the Apple Store

I don't have good feeling about this deal, first not appears who is the seller? Second the shipping is expected 10 or 15 days. There's not any indicatition that are Apple branded, maybe are only charging not syncing cables. At your risk I wait for the Apple cables.

Right, I'll wait until someone is selling knockoffs that are confirmed to work.

tradecuador said:   I don't have good feeling about this deal, first not appears who is the seller? Second the shipping is expected 10 or 15 days. There's not any indicatition that are Apple branded, maybe are only charging not syncing cables. At your risk I wait for the Apple cables.

It does mention syncing data. Maybe it has the smart chip?

Hurry up eBay!! I want my $1 synching cables!

tradecuador said:   I don't have good feeling about this deal, first not appears who is the seller? Second the shipping is expected 10 or 15 days. There's not any indicatition that are Apple branded, maybe are only charging not syncing cables. At your risk I wait for the Apple cables.

either get the real ones from Apple or ones that work at Meritline (when available)

Will these even work? This article on gizmodo says that Apple has tried hard to not allow 3rd party adapters.... http://gizmodo.com/5945889/some-third+party-adapters-might-not-w...

as a dealer of iphone accessories and owner of an iPhone repair shop, I will say do not buy these yet. They WILL NOT WORK. The "chip" that sbeerav is referring to has not been cracked by any 3rd party vendor yet. I have verified with my vendors in china and none are producing working cables yet.

So what is the word on cheap cables just for charging? Is the chip going to be needed for charging the iphone or only for syncing?

Most of the extra cables I need (office, car, briefcase) I could care less if they sync as long as they charge.

On SD someone confirmed they are not genuine Apple. I would not buy ANY cables except Apple cables until we have confirmation the 'chip' has been cracked.

Is the *HOT* part of the deal the price or how your phone will feel after it catches fire?

realexm said:   On SD someone confirmed they are not genuine Apple. I would not buy ANY cables except Apple cables until we have confirmation the 'chip' has been cracked.

LOL, do you expect Apple selling these cables for $6??

I agree with you. wait for the Apple cables.

christ someone scope it and see if its DP, ethernet or TBOLT . Probably using LVD signalling to mess with folks or a scrambler to work better in low voltage.

These might work for charging. The pins on the two ends of the lightening cables have already been cracked as the power, so that would not be hard to produce. Syncing may not happen for a while as the chipped needs to figured cracked. I am going to wait.

The description says sync and charging cable that makes me think is a scam!

Based on what has been reported on a few sites, the chip is in the path of the power wire. So it may not even charge.

http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/world/iphone-5-review-cheap-apple-aapl-accessories-will-be-tough-to-find-thanks-to-design-flaw

realexm said:   I would not buy ANY cables except Apple cables until we have confirmation the 'chip' has been cracked.

Somewhere a small apple team just got promotions

A post on macrumors says that the guy bought some preorder cables from eBay and got a message telling him that the order was cancelled due to the fake plugs burning out the iphone's power supply.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1456169

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014