• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Corsair XMS2 4GB (2 x 2GB) 800MHz DDR2 240-Pin Desktop Memory, Model# TWIN2X4096-6400C5C

$36.99 + $1.99 shipping
Last deal was a few bucks less after a $20 rebate December 2011

Yes, there still are some of us old guys around that need memory

Member Summary

memory
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Good deal but link now directs to the following message. "Sorry, but no products were found."

I missed this deal.

Still in their weekly ads sale on page 7, but pulled from website. Too bad. Didn't take them long to find that error. Doing a search on Fry's website for it shows a product found, but it won't display it.

Wow, is DDR2 still that expensive? Guess I need to unload my collection that I'll never use.

tomsharky13 said:   Good deal but link now directs to the following message. "Sorry, but no products were found."

I missed this deal.

IT'S BACK!

$38.98 shipped NO rebate

Corsair XMS2 4GB (2 x 2GB) 800MHz DDR2 240-Pin Desktop Memory, Model# TWIN2X4096-6400C5C

electricpatj said:   tomsharky13 said:   Good deal but link now directs to the following message. "Sorry, but no products were found."

I missed this deal.

IT'S BACK!

$38.98 shipped NO rebate

Yep, back up.

Thanks for the heads-up!

Wow, nice price on good-quality DDR2.

VirtuaL said:   Wow, nice price on good-quality DDR2.It's not good quality. Corsair has gone downhill in the past 5 years and seems to have really low standards now. 30% of the Corsair ValueSelect DDR I've bought in the past 2 years has been bad (and rated 3-4-4-8, despite no chip maker ever producing anything that slow, i.e., the chips were factory rejects), and these 2x2GB DDR2 Corsair XMS sets had a failure rate of over 50% when 5 friends and I bought them a few years ago (50% of the pairs, not the modules, had a failure, and I don't think both modules in any pair tested bad) when they were $20 AR. Be careful with these Corsairs -- test them overnight with MemTest86/86+ and Gold Memory, and don't test them in a BioStar DDR2 motherboard (minimum memory voltage is 1.95V instead of the standard 1.80V, meaning many bad modules will pass).

larrymoencurly said:   Be careful with these Corsairs -- test them overnight with MemTest86/86+ and Gold Memory, and don't test them in a BioStar DDR2 motherboard (minimum memory voltage is 1.95V instead of the standard 1.80V, meaning many bad modules will pass).
I guess I could personally care less, if they fail at 1.8v but pass at 1.9v. I'll just bump my board up to 1.9v and live with them.

I had two kits of Patriot "EL" (Extreme Latency), that were rated 5-5-5-12 at 2.0v. They ran fine at ~1.8v at 5-5-5-15/18.

Edit: Anyways, I'm in for two kits.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.