• 14567 8
  • Page
  • Text Only
Has anyone tried to use straight data for calls - like turning your default to grooveip and using your google voice exclusively over 4g?

You will get a TEXT that you crossed limit

frugalpete said:   using wifi to make calls is not free; it counts as part of your minutes. you would need a google voice number plus an app like talkaton, which i found is much better than grooveIP.
† I think you guys are misunderstanding him and redding him because the post is a bit ambiguous.

Tmobile allows for wifi calls through them, and charges against your minutes. †

BUT, you can still call via wifi using other means that won't count against your minutes if you use grooveip and talkatone. †

vijujoshi said:   You will get a TEXT that you crossed limit
††And then what happens, no more calls allowed until next month?

You can refill the account and those call will be charge $.10 per minute until your next monthly renew date.

Hi Buster said:   

† Offcourse not , you will be charged for extra minutes, I guess $0.10/minute

Hi Buster said:   

† Today Google completed 15 year , just enter "T-Mobile prepaid overage" on Google & you will get 100 hits

tgif777 said:   You can refill the account and those call will be charge $.10 per minute until your next monthly renew date.
††Thank you!

Can I forward calls from my personal phone with this plan to my work phone? That way I won't be using any minutes on my personal phone. Please let me know.

vijujoshi said:   
Hi Buster said:   

† Offcourse not , you will be charged for extra minutes, I guess $0.10/minute

† If you have a balance to draw from, yes overage minutes be deducted at .10/min, otherwise just not calls in or out.

rizzleness said:   Can I forward calls from my personal phone with this plan to my work phone? That way I won't be using any minutes on my personal phone. Please let me know.
† You should be able to do that if you have both numbers (work and personal) in google voice I think, otherwise I don't think it would work.

$30 plan is not available on the T-Mobile website. Any suggestions on how to get this plan?

fnulnu said:   $30 plan is not available on the T-Mobile website. Any suggestions on how to get this plan?
† If you already have T-Mobile prepaid service, this plan is not available, if you call in to activate your new SIM this plan isn't available. This plan is only available when activating a new line of service. You can buy the SIM or phone with a SIM at WalMart, or the T-Mobile website, you have to activate a new line of service on the website to be offered this plan. You cannot chose a different plan now, and then later switch to this plan, you can't switch your current plan to this plan, you have to be activating a new line of service to get this plan.

If you really want this plan and already have T-Mobile Prepaid you could port your number out to a different carrier, then port it back in and get this plan, but only because you are bringing your old number to T-Mobile and activating a new line of service. Those cheap Virgin Mobile dumbphone deals might be good for this, buy a $10 Virgin Mobile phone, port your number to it, then immediately port it back to T-Mobile Prepaid and choose this plan.

This plan is popularly called the "WalMart" plan, but you don't have to buy your SIM at WalMart to get it, but you do have to be activating a new line of service to get it, and you have to do the activation on the internet.

At the risk of being obnoxiously redundant, I will once again repeat, you have to do the activation of a new line of service on the internet to get this plan. If you already have service you cannot switch to this plan, if you have this plan and switch to any other plan, ever for just a day, you will not be able to go back to this plan, ever.

kadixon said:   To get this plan you need to go to WalMart and buy the Sprint package for $30. It's crap that you have to go to WalMart to get the deal, I ordered a sim from T-Mobile and they would not give me the plan over the phone. I had to go to WalMart.
† No sense your post makes.† The thread is about a T-Mobile plan.† If you are buying a Sprint package, it is unrelated to this discussion.†

I ordered a T-Mobile SIM for free (when offered), then activated it with the $30 plan online.† I never went to WalMart.†††

Is unlock Nexus 4 or Nexus 5 working with this plan?

eruisi said:   Is unlock Nexus 4 or Nexus 5 working with this plan?
††Sure does!!!!!!!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014