• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Reciept
Disclaimer
- Sprint Promo : 20% off accessories if you buy TWO so this works on Lightning Cables
- Supposedly for Sprint customers so YMMV but I walked in and got two no problem
- Lightning Cables use Proprietary Chip so RELIABLE knockoffs will take a while to hit the streets. Article
- Nobody cares if you hate iPhones, Lightning Cables or Apple

My Total for two cables was $31.98 before tax. I know it's not a huge deal but with inventory low and Apple being your only choice right now then it's as good as it gets.

Member Summary

lightning
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
MacRumors: Lightning Authentication cracked?
let's hope this means cheaper cables sooner than later. But for reliability ... (more)

OutOfStock (Oct. 08, 2012 @ 2:25p) |

Thanks OP!!! In for two today in Folsom, CA. Originally went to the Roseville store. They were out. They said that C... (more)

screwie (Oct. 12, 2012 @ 12:03a) |

Have been patiently waiting for the Sprint corporate stores in my area to get them in stock, still nothing. Today I was... (more)

jcrandall6 (Oct. 31, 2012 @ 7:14p) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Bitter pill to swallow, but best deal out there nonetheless.

Green for you.

f2000sa said:   Apl is too greedy. Galaxy S3 is a better phone and uses standard cable($1-2).

What does this have to do with the deal??? We are talking about a deal on a particular cable. Has nothing to do with Samsung phones. Not to mention that your comment is purely subjective.

What does this have to do with the deal???

Apl is asking too much for a cable... . Not worth it.

f2000sa said:   What does this have to do with the deal???

Let us know when you design your cable for cheaper...and we'll buy it.

f2000sa said:   What does this have to do with the deal???

This deal has nothing to do with your personal opinion. Don't post in the thread if you are going to attempt to start a childish Apple vs Samsung argument. It's been done to death.

OP, did you have to mention the deal or did it ring by default? One store did not know anything so I want to be better prepared for the next one. Good deal.

Ya, it is a bitter pill and also quite a touchy subject. I think most everyone knows at this point that apple makes a boat load of money off of licensing it's proprietary tech. No need to open the wounds so to speak. Hopefully someone soon cracks that chip in the cable and can produce cheap ones.

Iphone has the best cables.

That chip is annoying for another reason. I have a mophie charge-case. If they are going to be able to make cases for the 5, they will need to license that chip or crack it somehow. Kind of ridiculous.

wow.. this is crazy..apple is too much when it comes to accessories...

Not sure how Saveology's fared, but they have a national deal right now that's $12 for 2 cables + S/H

https://www.saveology.com/deals/national/iphone5-usb-cable

These prices are disgusting. This technology should have been built into the $700 phone and not been thrown outside it with the cable. RIP Steve Jobs, we miss your ingenuity.

Thanks, OP, green for you. Hate that I need to buy new cords/adapters, but given that I do, this is a good deal.

Table83 said:    RIP Steve Jobs, we miss your ingenuity.

umm...Steve ran the company. There are a business and here to make money. If you remember Econ 101....demand is a key factor in price.

mictester said:   OP, did you have to mention the deal or did it ring by default? One store did not know anything so I want to be better prepared for the next one. Good deal.
It's not advertised so you have to ask. The official Sprint stores definitely do it but even one of their "partner" stores said they'd honor it.

As for all the hate. We get it, The S3 and a number of Android phones are great devices but the existence of the iPhone 5 doesnt make them any less awesome. There's enough room in this market for both platforms so if someone chooses one or the other then it's not a big deal.

When will Apple have the 90% coupon codes available for accessories so that I can pay the right amount?

Where are the cheap eBay knockoffs?

Thanks OP. Worked in Los Angeles. No sign, but when the cashier was ringing the cables, I asked and it was applied.

MrNovember said:   Where are the cheap eBay knockoffs?

They are there, but they just wont work. Im sure theyll figure it out at some point, but it will likely be weeks or months from now.

Either way, I bit the bullet and bought one for $19 yesterday. Not the end of the world. I have to pay more for a cable, but I also get to have an iphone.

MrNovember said:   Where are the cheap eBay knockoffs?
It's going to take a while.

People forget that the iPhone was introduced in an ecosystem that was flooded with 30pin options due to the iPod. So the idea of NOT having a choice in cable manufacturer is foreign to us. yes, it sucks but in a year from now then 3rd party cables will be everywhere and the world will feel normal again. But until then, $32 isn't a bad price or keep charged.

toprammin said:   MrNovember said:   Where are the cheap eBay knockoffs?

They are there, but they just wont work. Im sure theyll figure it out at some point, but it will likely be weeks or months from now.

Either way, I bit the bullet and bought one for $19 yesterday. Not the end of the world. I have to pay more for a cable, but I also get to have an iphone.

$19 where?
I'm with Verizon. My order comes in maybe 4 weeks, so I've time, but I def don't want to be stuck with one cable. Can I use the new cable with the previous usb charger by apple? =/

You get a cable included with the phone? Why not just make due with the one you have until the cheap ones become available?

g0dMAn said:   toprammin said:   MrNovember said:   Where are the cheap eBay knockoffs?

$19 where?
I'm with Verizon. My order comes in maybe 4 weeks, so I've time, but I def don't want to be stuck with one cable. Can I use the new cable with the previous usb charger by apple? =/

For your car? The USB cable plugs into any USB cigarette adapter you already own. The USB to lightning cables are $19 at the Apple Store or Apple.com (same cable that comes with the phone).

FuriousGeorge11 said:   You get a cable included with the phone? Why not just make due with the one you have until the cheap ones become available?

Lot of people want one for the car, one for the office, etc.

FuriousGeorge11 said:   You get a cable included with the phone? Why not just make due with the one you have until the cheap ones become available?

Thats an option, but it might take a month or more for that. The confirmed non-working cables are supposed to be available in like 10 days, so figure a lot longer for legit ones. I need a car charger, so $19 to have peace of mind isnt a big deal.

Green for OP. I don't want cheap ass 3rd party eBay cables for my new phone.

Stop buying this crap and they'll be forced into the industry standards, which are standard for a reason.

get it from Amazon for ten bulks and after a few months 3 bulks each

jtroye32 said:   Stop buying this crap and they'll be forced into the industry standards, which are standard for a reason.
Which standard are you talking about?

USB Type A for direct PC-PC?
USB Type B like on my external HDD?
USB Mini like on my camera?
Micro USB like on my other camera?
USB 3 like on my portable drive?

Look, I agree that USB would be nice BUT let's not pretend that there's only one cable that works with everything. And let's especially not pretend that withholding lightning cable sales is going to get Apple to throw out this cable in favor of whatever flavor USB is popular for the moment.

Lightning is expensive but it is actually a nice cable so in the long run Its existence won't negatively affect people as much as they think it will. (Especially since the people complaining most don't even own lightning compatible products)

OutOfStock said:   jtroye32 said:   Stop buying this crap and they'll be forced into the industry standards, which are standard for a reason.
Which standard are you talking about?

USB Type A for direct PC-PC?
USB Type B like on my external HDD?
USB Mini like on my camera?
Micro USB like on my other camera?
USB 3 like on my portable drive?

Look, I agree that USB would be nice BUT let's not pretend that there's only one cable that works with everything. And let's especially not pretend that withholding lightning cable sales is going to get Apple to throw out this cable in favor of whatever flavor USB is popular for the moment.

Lightning is expensive but it is actually a nice cable so in the long run Its existence won't negatively affect people as much as they think it will. (Especially since the people complaining most don't even own lightning compatible products)

Europe made micro-USB a standard for phones for a reason. So we wouldn't end up with a pile of chargers everytime we change phones. You can hook up a flash drive to a micro-USB port via OTG on a phone, but I doubt that will happen soon with apple (yes i realize they want to control all the content & it's delivery), but maybe they should try letting customers make decisions for themselves. Why do people jailbreak their products, oh that right, control issues.

How is it a nice cable? i'm sure there will be a few pet owners peeved, when their over-priced lightning cable gets a nice set of teeth into it.

Your last point is spot on though. I won't own a lightning product, as I refuse to pay for ridiculously priced products or ones that require some special accessory. and seeing is apples stock price, i'm sure they could charge a little less and still do well.

Sold out.

MeIsCheap said:   Europe made micro-USB a standard for phones for a reason. So we wouldn't end up with a pile of chargers everytime we change phones. You can hook up a flash drive to a micro-USB port via OTG on a phone, but I doubt that will happen soon with apple (yes i realize they want to control all the content & it's delivery), but maybe they should try letting customers make decisions for themselves. Why do people jailbreak their products, oh that right, control issues.
I don't follow EU phone news since I have no intention on owning one out there, but do you know if their standard supports USB3 for data transfer?

MeIsCheap said:   How is it a nice cable? i'm sure there will be a few pet owners peeved, when their over-priced lightning cable gets a nice set of teeth into it.

Look, the first thing I said when they announced the new cable was "C'mon! Use USB dammit!" but after that mini tantrum then I just accepted that the phone I currently prefer uses a specific cable. So I searched for the cheapest cable I could find and posted the deal here. I have no idea why so many people are offended by the deal but its the best out there for now.

As for the cable itself, I realize how stupid this sounds but its the most sophisticated cable out there. It is reversible, it's got a solid jacket covering the pins, it's tiny and it feels very sturdy. The things I dislike are the price and the ridiculous short length Apple insists on, but those things are solved once 3rd party gets in production.

MeIsCheap said:   uYour last point is spot on though. I won't own a lightning product, as I refuse to pay for ridiculously priced products or ones that require some special accessory. and seeing is apples stock price, i'm sure they could charge a little less and still do well.
Apple could charge A LOT less on every product they make. But they don't and Apple customers accept that's part of the deal. Fortunately, Android is an awesome alternative that suits the needs of people who want more flexibility. options are nice (just as long as people respect the fact that what's right for one person may not be right for everyone else)

i'm not offended by the deal by any means, good price for the limited choices. just voicing my objection/frustration with choices that don't seem to be a overall benefit to the customer. there are plenty of apple products in our house. great products, just wished for more open option. i always had hoped for a bluray option on notebooks, or flac support on iPods.

mungbai said:   FuriousGeorge11 said:   You get a cable included with the phone? Why not just make due with the one you have until the cheap ones become available?

Lot of people want one for the car, one for the office, etc.

toprammin said:   FuriousGeorge11 said:   You get a cable included with the phone? Why not just make due with the one you have until the cheap ones become available?

Thats an option, but it might take a month or more for that. The confirmed non-working cables are supposed to be available in like 10 days, so figure a lot longer for legit ones. I need a car charger, so $19 to have peace of mind isnt a big deal.

I can understand wanting one in the car, office, boat, RV, etc. But the one that came with the phone can go with you to any of those places. When the cable is only a few bucks I can justify buying extras, but when it's nearly $20 bucks for one I'm going to deal with the one I've got and take it with me wherever I need it.

Am I the only one who is reminded of Monster cables?

looks so good.

look4deals said:   Am I the only one who is reminded of Monster cables?
The loudest whining about Monster Cable pricing was made by people who had no intention of ever buying them. So yeah, I guess you're right with comparing them.

Skipping 13 Messages...
Have been patiently waiting for the Sprint corporate stores in my area to get them in stock, still nothing. Today I was traveling and has some time so I called the local Sprint stores in the area and they had them, and confirmed the 20% off 2 right on the phone and held them for me.

Two lightning cables for $32. Good deal considering what they are. Thank you op.

Deal still alive and well for iphone 5 owners.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014