• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
EL Linko

10 dollar price drop on the white model.

Cameta Camera
See Cameta Camera discounts that earn 2.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

REFURB Nikon 1 J1 Digital Camera Body with 10-30mm VR Lens
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Almost was in for one, but I have concerns about what "factory demo" means. Was this a test/sample unit in the production lines? Or, was this a demo unit sent to stores for demoing by the factory (Nikon)?

If it's the former... it's a great deal. If it's the latter, heck no.

Edit: Return policy seemed adequate, only out return shipping if it's not acceptable. In for one... hoping this can replace my D60, and perhaps my ELPH too. Going with a Lowepro Dashpoint 30 case that apparently will work with a belt.

asuka said:   Almost was in for one, but I have concerns about what "factory demo" means. Was this a test/sample unit in the production lines? Or, was this a demo unit sent to stores for demoing by the factory (Nikon)?

If it's the former... it's a great deal. If it's the latter, heck no.

Edit: Return policy seemed adequate, only out return shipping if it's not acceptable. In for one... hoping this can replace my D60, and perhaps my ELPH too. Going with a Lowepro Dashpoint 30 case that apparently will work with a belt.

El Bumpo!

10 dollar price drop on the white model.

Got the camera, was a great deal, sending my D60 off to fleabay. J1 does what I need, in a body that I can put on my belt, rather than my neck.

asuka said:   Got the camera, was a great deal, sending my D60 off to fleabay. J1 does what I need, in a body that I can put on my belt, rather than my neck.

How many shutter activations did it have?

I believe 0. I'll have to double check. The firmware on the device appeared to have been refurbished, which may have reset the shutter count. Everything was reset completely and on the 1.00 firmware. Had to update both the camera and lens to latest firmware myself.

I'm not very concerned, as the J1 does not have a mechanical shutter, only an electrical (the V1 uses both). It's far less likely IMO that the J1 will suffer from DSLR shutter failure. That makes it great for time lapse photos too, which I do a bit of.

Either way Nikon refurbished it quite well, felt like a brand new unit.

Depends on which you want. V1 has no flash, but has an accessory sled. V1 has mechanical lens shutter and a microphone jack.

Being on a budget, I prefer the J1. The only thing I would have wanted from the V1 was the microphone jack (really Nikon? really...). Lack of a flash on the V1 kills it for me. I'm not paying an extra $100 to $200 for a flash sled that's small enough to tote on a V1.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014