• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Masterbuilt 30" Electric Smokehouse Smoker @ Amazon - $145.80
compare at $200.83
Free Shipping!

• 4 smoking racks; push-button digital control panel; 24-hour timer; auto shut-off
  • Thermostat-controlled electric temperature; insulated for energy-efficient cooking

(FatWallet Deal Hunter staff posts are certified ad-free. No money, bribes, or candy have been accepted.)

Amazon
Get Up to 6.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

Masterbuilt 30" Electric Smokehouse Smoker
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I've been eyeballing the 40" at Sams Club for $299 for a while, but I couldn't pass on this. I'm a little nervous from all the reviews saying the heating element goes bad, but one guy fixed it pretty easy so I hope I have good luck with this. Great deal thanks op.

I've had two of them for over 3 years without a problem. This is an older model with the solid door; the newer one has a glass window and the latest one has a wireless thermometer built in. It's still a great deal!

Nov032007 said:   I've been eyeballing the 40" at Sams Club for $299 for a while, but I couldn't pass on this. I'm a little nervous from all the reviews saying the heating element goes bad, but one guy fixed it pretty easy so I hope I have good luck with this. Great deal thanks op.

The connectors rust out...The newer model like this one for sale have a protected box that greatly reduces rate of failure...

Bummer shows $164.80 for me...

I have one and it makes some amazing smoked food, ribs, butts, etc. The only weakness is on my model, the heating element does not always get the chips smoking well. I start mine by using a propane torch to get the chips burning and then put them in and turn it on. I never thought I would use an electric smoker, but this one is great for the price.

Great deal! I have this exact model purchased new off craigslist for $150. I thought about going into beef jerky business cause this thing makes some awesome jerky! It makes excellent ribs and butts as well. Make sure you purchase AMNPS (Amazing Pellet Smoker) or you'll be sorry. The smoking element on this gets a big fat F. AMNPS is a god send. If not, you'll be adding wood chips every 30min. AMNPS provides controlled smoke for up to 12hrs. I put my meat in, get the AMNPS going, close the door and set the timer. Set it and forget it. Before this smoker I used to have the Weber Smokey Mountain but I'm never going back.

I have the stainless version of this with the window from the $200 deal from Sears. My only issue is that it only holds a small amount of chips and doesn't produce the quantity of smoke I'm used to working with. Traditionally, I've always used smokers with wood chunks, so it's a bit different for me. For fast cooking items like chicken, I don't get the deep smoke flavor I did with my other smoker. You also have to add chips every hour. But for what it is, it's great.

ProppaT said:   I have the stainless version of this with the window from the $200 deal from Sears. My only issue is that it only holds a small amount of chips and doesn't produce the quantity of smoke I'm used to working with. Traditionally, I've always used smokers with wood chunks, so it's a bit different for me. For fast cooking items like chicken, I don't get the deep smoke flavor I did with my other smoker. You also have to add chips every hour. But for what it is, it's great.

Here's your solution. Set it and forget it!
http://www.amazenproducts.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=AMN...

What size a-maz-n box would I need for this Masterbuilt smoker? I got mine yesterday and smoked two bricks of cheese today on a pan with ice to keep the cheese cool. The a-maz-n smoker box seems to be a good way to keep from melting the cheese while producing a lot of smoke. Amazon has the 5x8 a-maz-n box from a 3rd party vendor for $39.99 + 10.55 shipping and deal also includes 1lb of pellets. No mention of the wood variety of the pellets.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014