Amazon has 6 months prime shipping again for anyone with a .edu address:

[http://www.amazon.com/gp/student/signup/info

Thanks Kingme425 op

Member Summary

Amazon Student-Free 6 Months Prime Shipping
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Link doesn't seem to work for me. I had this offer a while back, but it expired. OP makes it sound like this will work for those who took advantage of this deal already.

RedCelicaGT said:   Link doesn't seem to work for me. I had this offer a while back, but it expired. OP makes it sound like this will work for those who took advantage of this deal already.

update new link

http://www.amazon.com/gp/student/signup/info

I previously got free prime shipping through Amazon Student. This is what it says at the top of the Amazon Student sign up page:

"your free Amazon Prime shipping benefits has ended."

I signed up for this just now!

I signed up using my university .edu address which was used earlier for 1 year free prime. Still worked. I would advise changin email id of the account (expired prime) to other email (gmail ymail etc...) then try the link.

Please make it a hot deal... BTW if it does not work for you... Then do something like this,, thats what I did..

1) Change your current expired .edu email from Amazon prime to other email like gmail ymail etc..
2) then click on http://www.amazon.com/gp/student/signup/info?ie=UTF8&refcust=JGL... like link...
3) Now it will ask you to log in..
4) Once logged in on next screen you will be asked to put your .edu id .. and a bunch of info crap..
5) Just do it and TAAAADAAAAAAAA you get your prime activated... for next 6 months..

Hope this work around works for you guys... !! cheers

man003 said:   Please make it a hot deal... BTW if it does not work for you... Then do something like this,, thats what I did..

1) Change your current expired .edu email from Amazon prime to other email like gmail ymail etc..
2) then click on http://www.amazon.com/gp/student/signup/info?ie=UTF8&refcust=JGL... like link...
4) Once logged in on next screen you will be asked to put your .edu id .. and a bunch of info crap..
5) Just do it and TAAAADAAAAAAAA you get your prime activated... for next 6 months..

Tried this and still doesn't work.

how can i change my edu email from Amazon prime.

cop said:   man003 said:   Please make it a hot deal... BTW if it does not work for you... Then do something like this,, thats what I did..

Tried this and still doesn't work.

I dont know how but it worked for me.. Can you try signing up a whole new account using gmail? and use that to log in and then use your .edu email address to convert it to prime..

btw one more thing.. I changed my degree completion date to June 2014.. So try that tooo

I just renewed my prime subscription. Does that make me ineligible for these student and mommy freebie subscriptions? Also do these freebies include prime free movie streaming?

yes I think so.. btw if you already have prime. Y do you need one more?!

If I recall correctly you used to be able to stack on another 6 months onto your prime with these deals. Mayhaps Im misremembering.

Did it work for you guys? One thing I remember . I had actually 2 accounts.. one from my gmail and one from my .edu mail. my .edu expired few months back. I used this promotion link for my gmail account. And it asked me to add .edu address. Now I still log in using my gmail account. but get benefits of prime.!! I dont know how this is happening but yeah it has happened.

sammyjr2011 said:   how can i change my edu email from Amazon prime.

you can log in to Amazon . Go to my account. go to settings. There you can see change account settings (Settings Password, Prime & E-mail) in that in

Go to

Account Settings
Change Account Settings
(Name, e-mail, password and mobile phone)

Go to that you can change email. there.
I hope it works for you
-Mak

man003 said:   Did it work for you guys? One thing I remember . I had actually 2 accounts.. one from my gmail and one from my .edu mail. my .edu expired few months back. I used this promotion link for my gmail account. And it asked me to add .edu address. Now I still log in using my gmail account. but get benefits of prime.!! I dont know how this is happening but yeah it has happened.

Oh Geezus. You don't know "how this is happening"? Really? It's a pretty simple concept. The .edu address is attached to the account. So you setup an account using the .edu and got your free time. And recently you used a separate account to add the same .edu address and got it free again. Is any of this explanation helping? If not, maybe you need to draw up a map and make it visual?

Anyway --- good for you!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014