• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Looks like there was a breach of some user accounts.

Link to other forum with users with similar issue

http://slickdeals.... (more)

Thalaivar (Oct. 10, 2012 @ 3:02p) |

Not to overstep my bounds, but Apple MacBook Pro, with "Little Snitch" installed, provides a modicum of safety when orde... (more)

mrsthegreat (Oct. 13, 2012 @ 10:53p) |

Thanks for the link.. and thanks to all who told their stories about their issues with ordering from WalMart.com. Good t... (more)

sekoia (Oct. 21, 2012 @ 3:21a) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

so the recession finally "trickled downed" to WalMart and they couldn't keep up with their status quo "low prices" so they decided to join the clearance bandwagon. lol

salsdali said:   so the recession finally "trickled downed" to WalMart and they couldn't keep up with their status quo "low prices" so they decided to join the clearance bandwagon. lol

Umm, WalMart has always had in-store clearance items. Same as Target, Best Buy, Home Depot, Lowes and every other store known to man. Most stores think 10% off is a clearance but it makes it more interesting once they hit 50%+ to try and get stuff

Thanx Op for the online link.

You need to be careful when using WalMart.com.
My husband's State Employee Credit Union bank card was hacked through them last year & just a short while ago so was our Discover card. You can Google it or go to woot.com & do a search. Apparently it happens a lot. From now on it is disposable credit cards numbers.

You can also use Paypal through WalMart.com.

Dkrel said:   You can also use Paypal through WalMart.com.
You are absolutely right as well as Bill Me Later. I just like Discover because you get Cash Back. You do as well with Bill Me Later. Discover has disposable numbers that I never used but I will now!

Card hacked? As in someone put a rootkit on it?

salsdali said:   so the recession finally "trickled downed" to WalMart and they couldn't keep up with their status quo "low prices" so they decided to join the clearance bandwagon. lol

WalMart has really nice merchandise on clearance in one of their locations where I used to shop. Even my sister's 10 y/o granddaughter wanted to head straight to the clearance section the moment we walked in the door.

Very recently I had the similar hacking issue with my WalMart account. Someone used my WalMart account to order stuff, luckily I received the order details to my WalMart account email. I immediately canceled my card, canceled the order. Changed my WalMart account password and finally deleted the card details from my WalMart account. It's better to be safer now, than being sorry later. I usually doest store card details on any of the account. But somehow, WalMart might have been storing the card details by default. Make sure that you don't store any card details in your merchants online account.

ubergetworm said:   Very recently I had the similar hacking issue with my WalMart account. Someone used my WalMart account to order stuff, luckily I received the order details to my WalMart account email. I immediately canceled my card, canceled the order. Changed my WalMart account password and finally deleted the card details from my WalMart account. It's better to be safer now, than being sorry later. I usually doest store card details on any of the account. But somehow, WalMart might have been storing the card details by default. Make sure that you don't store any card details in your merchants online account.
Yep, me too. A few Sunday's ago, the wife and I were watching TV and I get an email from chase saying I just spent over $300 at WalMart. Um, ok.

I have my accounts set up to email me when a transaction over $1 is spent. Called Chase immediately and they took care of it.

Funny thing is I've used WalMart.com like twice ever to buy something. Hmm.

dysons on sale..

Blue mummy-style sleeping bag, good down to 5 F, is advertised on sale for $40.00. 15 pages or so later, the site offers the same item for $27.00. Over one million items are connected to the above listed link, with many items receiving duplicate listings.

ineed3ofme said:   You need to be careful when using WalMart.com.
My husband's State Employee Credit Union bank card was hacked through them last year & just a short while ago so was our Discover card. You can Google it or go to woot.com & do a search. Apparently it happens a lot. From now on it is disposable credit cards numbers.

They got my AMEX card. Bought two gift cards before AMEX got suspicious. Be careful....

ubergetworm said:   Very recently I had the similar hacking issue with my WalMart account. Someone used my WalMart account to order stuff, luckily I received the order details to my WalMart account email. I immediately canceled my card, canceled the order. Changed my WalMart account password and finally deleted the card details from my WalMart account. It's better to be safer now, than being sorry later. I usually doest store card details on any of the account. But somehow, WalMart might have been storing the card details by default. Make sure that you don't store any card details in your merchants online account.

WalMart.com DOES store your CC info by default. You need to make sure to delete it after completing your order.

I have averaged a WalMart.com order every couple of months or so over the last 2 years. Many months ago I tried to place an order and I could not get it to complete. WalMart.com customer service could not get it to go through either. I ended up calling my credit union. They approved the transaction, but during the conversation with them, they told me that WalMart.com is one of the worst for allowing credit card info to be stolen.

I had the same thing happen with WalMart.com. Didn't realize the website had stored my credit card information. Someone purchased $100 worth of gift cards for themselves using my card and I had to use my fraud protection through Discover and get a new card number, as well as delete the card info from WalMart.com. Any new purchases are going to be with a temporary number, that's for sure. All these incidents indicate WalMart needs better online security!

mrsthegreat said:   Blue mummy-style sleeping bag, good down to 5 F, is advertised on sale for $40.00. 15 pages or so later, the site offers the same item for $27.00. Over one million items are connected to the above listed link, with many items receiving duplicate listings.

Same as their in store clearance. I once was excited to think I was getting a product for about 40% off regular price until I happened to see the same exact item with different manufacturer packaging for about 10% LESS than the clearance price. Never trusted Wally "clearance" after that.

Just want to echo WalMart.com security problem. Their customer login info is routinely compromised. By storing customer cc info by default and not asking for cc security code confirmation, anyone who can log into your account can order.

I too had my cc information used to buy WalMart 4 giftcards this summer. From speaking with the WalMart person to close the account, this is not that unusual. Surprising that a company the size of WalMart would be so lax in this area.

Everyone agrees WM has security issues, yet steveoreno gives me red. Interesting sir.

One more data point - 3 card for some games purchased from my Am3x card, $150 total fraudulant charges

Guys, everyone listen up. Its not the WalMart or any other site loosing your credit card information, but its your browser that is compromised using various available loop holes and/or site injections methods from one to another.
As there is no easy way to detecting easily on your own or by anti-malware, my suggestion is for now follow these -
* Whenever possible use Chrome browser, it does check for malwares before visiting the site.. fairly efficient.
* If using Firefox, go in safe browsing mode whenever possible. Better create a separate profile for surfing purposes, and separate for actual shopping/banking.
* Create separate user accounts on your windows(also unix) computer for surfing and shopping.

These may help some, but wont keep you protected completely.

Remember, the antivirus and anti-malware are not ready when new infection occurs, it takes them company some time to develop the antidote code for those. Its like flu-shots which Only protect you from "known" Variants.

pamraj said:   Guys, everyone listen up. Its not the WalMart or any other site loosing your credit card information, but its your browser that is compromised using various available loop holes and/or site injections methods from one to another.
As there is no easy way to detecting easily on your own or by anti-malware, my suggestion is for now follow these -
* Whenever possible use Chrome browser, it does check for malwares before visiting the site.. fairly efficient.
* If using Firefox, go in safe browsing mode whenever possible. Better create a separate profile for surfing purposes, and separate for actual shopping/banking.
* Create separate user accounts on your windows(also unix) computer for surfing and shopping.

These may help some, but wont keep you protected completely.

Remember, the antivirus and anti-malware are not ready when new infection occurs, it takes them company some time to develop the antidote code for those. Its like flu-shots which Only protect you from "known" Variants.

Also, the credit card processors seem to get hacked on a regular basis with impunity. They are extremely cavalier with your credit and personal information, so best bet is to use a disposable CC number. If your card doesn't support this feature, get one that does. If you don't want to do that, then STHU about your problems.

WTH? Why don't we all post links to every website clearance section? This is pure lazy. What items are a good deal? The link has a list of thousands of items! OP gets red from me...

ineed3ofme said:   You need to be careful when using WalMart.com.

Mine was compromised just this last weekend. Third time this has happened, each time with a brand new account/new password.

Last weekend they bought 2 Zinga giftcards for a total of $100. I only knew because the e-GC was emailed to me. Of course it was used already. How on earth do they get a hold of the giftcard info when it is emailed to your email account and not stored on WalMart? Googling this shows this is a widespread problem with giftcards being ordered left and right.

mrsthegreat said:   Blue mummy-style sleeping bag, good down to 5 F, is advertised on sale for $40.00. 15 pages or so later, the site offers the same item for $27.00. Over one million items are connected to the above listed link, with many items receiving duplicate listings.

It's not the same item. The $40 one is a 2 pack.

I used to use the same password for a lot of sites. Until I realized that every time a high profile site was hacked, those hackers could access other sites using my same account info. Stupid me. So some of you may be "hacked" on WalMart.com over and over because they're getting your username/pwd from another site or malware on your computer. It may not be that they're getting your card directly from the WalMart site.

cyfan said:   I used to use the same password for a lot of sites. Until I realized that every time a high profile site was hacked, those hackers could access other sites using my same account info. Stupid me. So some of you may be "hacked" on WalMart.com over and over because they're getting your username/pwd from another site or malware on your computer. It may not be that they're getting your card directly from the WalMart site.

Except in my case the only place they are able to order from is WalMart...

I've been ordering stuff online for over 10 years with 0 (zero) problems.

I believe what my credit union told me (that it is a WalMart.com issue). They would know.

Hey I appreciate the heads up about the security but I think everyone has gotten the point. Back to the deals.

Hey I appreciate the heads up about the security but I think everyone has gotten the point. Back to the deals.

Paladen said:   I've been ordering stuff online for over 10 years with 0 (zero) problems.

I believe what my credit union told me (that it is a WalMart.com issue). They would know.

Too funny!!!!!!!!!!!! Your CU has world-renowned security staff on board, eh? What a JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!

deleted sorry nm

musictech said:   Hey I appreciate the heads up about the security but I think everyone has gotten the point. Back to the deals.
musictech said:   Hey I appreciate the heads up about the security but I think everyone has gotten the point. Back to the deals.
Wow!
A whopping 20 posts since 2003, and TWO condescending ones right here.
Must really have bothered you a lot for you to come out of hibernation.

Mickie3 said:   Paladen said:   I've been ordering stuff online for over 10 years with 0 (zero) problems.

Too funny!!!!!!!!!!!! Your CU has world-renowned security staff on board, eh? What a JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!

Analyzing customer credit card transactions and noticing where most fraud occurs is not exactly rocket science...and most certainly would not require a "world-renowned" security staff. Methinks you watch too much TV/movies...

One more warning. My only credit fraud committed against me ever was from WalMart.com.

Paladen said:   Mickie3 said:   Paladen said:   I've been ordering stuff online for over 10 years with 0 (zero) problems.

Analyzing customer credit card transactions and noticing where most fraud occurs is not exactly rocket science...and most certainly would not require a "world-renowned" security staff. Methinks you watch too much TV/movies...

and I think you are making this up as you go along.

CC charges / payments are by processing companies. The biggest banks don't do it themselves, and neither does your CU.

How is this a best deal? Where is the deal? All stores have clearance items all the time. Would have been nice if OP would have posted a few specific deals. This thread seems to be mostly talk about being hacked.

vroom vroom
Disclaimer
Little Tikes Sports Car Twin Bed, Pink $199.00 free store pickup. Listed at $329 at tikes' site

Skipping 10 Messages...
Thanks for the link.. and thanks to all who told their stories about their issues with ordering from WalMart.com. Good thing I've never bought from the site.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014