• Go to page :
  • 12 3
  • Text Only
ezwrighter said:   I hate feit electronics. They are the worst of the worst bulbs. Can't go any lower.

I cannot speak for others but my experience with CFLs and particularly Feit has been very good. I have several FEIT CFLs (of various color temps but non-dimmable) and they have lasted many years even with a lot of daily usage.

Actually I have some personal experience with these Luminous BR30 bulbs on a dimmer. They worked on my old Dimmer, but I found that the dimmer would buzz... more so when not at full brightness. So I bought a new leviton dimmer (marked for LED). Looks exactly the same... but no buzzing noise... no matter what it's set at.

HappyScrappyHeroPup said:   noodle04 said:   I have same question. Do I need to change switch in order to use this kind of LED dimmable bulbs?

Noodle

mmyk72 said:   Are dimmers for CFL/LED different than for regular bulbs? I have tons of dimmers in my house that were used for regular PAR30 bulbs. Now I don't know if it's ok to put a CFL BR30 into the socket (I just bought dimmable BR30 CFLs).

In theory, no. Most cheap dimmers should be okay with dimmable CFLs and LEDs. But in reality older ones don't seem to be.

Recent dimmers meant to dim CFL and incandescent (C-L marked dimmers, also known as leading edge dimmers) should be able to dim these LEDs too. Although some may only be able to dim a certain number of them at once (say 6 or 8 of them).

I've replaced my outdoor LED pots with these last fall. 9 months later and i'm still having no issues, running them dawn to dusk.

Do the rebates vary by state? Is it a deal that one can take advantage of with an online purchase? -- PK

Yes, pk, they vary by location. Mine mention the major local utility company. And they are instant rebates, credited at the register. So no forms or waiting, but for Costco, no availability online that I've seen.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014