• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Link

Canon PIXMA MG2120 Inkjet Photo All-In-One Printer
Bonus 4GB USB Flash Drive

Free store pick-up

OR printer only for $29.00
Link

EDIT:
As kkozm suggests, it might be even cheaper (YMMV):
kkozm said:   The USB drive has a separate return code, and ships as a separate item, so if you do not want it, you can either not pick it up, or pick up and return in store, costs about $4.
So if you order both and then return the flash drive, the printer will cost ~$26.

Walmart
See Walmart promo codes that earn 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Canon PIXMA MG2120
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I'm still waiting for the USB device since the last deal.....they get the printer right away....then the wait begins to complete the order....I don't think they have them available....hence the wait..........(by the way....for a real cheap unit, the printer works great)

For me it would have to use 4 ink carts....

nice price for this Canon All-In-One Printer

this session has expired, what a pity

The USB drive has a separate return code, and ships as a separate item, so if you do not want it, you can either not pick it up, or pick up and return in store, costs about $4.

The ink cost more to buy than this printer,if it works you can't lose.Printer manufacturers can't be making a profit on these machines,no wonder they are laying off thousands.

In. Green. Thanks.

Edited OP to add kkozm suggestion

kkozm said:   The USB drive has a separate return code, and ships as a separate item, so if you do not want it, you can either not pick it up, or pick up and return in store, costs about $4.
So if you order both and then return the flash drive, the printer will cost ~$26 (YMMV of course).

RE:
Returning part of a combo order where each item has its own possibility to do so.
A little OT but

Remember the "good old days" when Circuit City b and m had the combo deals of a
PC and monitor, and the monitor was returnable before you even left the the store and got a credit of a very large amount making the pc dirt cheap?

Never again, they are now very defunct.

yesidonoitall said:   RE:
Returning part of a combo order where each item has its own possibility to do so.
A little OT but

Remember the "good old days" when Circuit City b and m had the combo deals of a
PC and monitor, and the monitor was returnable before you even left the the store and got a credit of a very large amount making the pc dirt cheap?

Never again, they are now very defunct.

And Circuit City (B&M) went out of business...I wonder if abuses like this had anything to do with it; and, of course, I do blame them as well!

Caveat Emptor: Check ink prices before you buy. I did. Then didn't.

MasterRebater said:   Caveat Emptor: Check ink prices before you buy. I did. Then didn't.Use it as a throwaway machine. Does it actually come with full cartridges, or starter? If you are going to use this printer for any serious amount of printing, you would be better off buying the $60 Brother at Staples/OD/BB this week. You can get cartridges for under $1 on Amazon (and then trade them in for $2). Compare that to the ink cost for this.

I do not print pictures, that said

For 12 years I have either refilled or bought generic ink carts on eBay and elsewhere.
I always had and do have the printers that use 4 carts....

A Cannon printer only
and Brother All in one
well over 5 years old each and 10000's of pages....
While I have boxed back up printers still sitting boxed up minus the ink...

Never need a new print head either

tullyzyxv said:   this session has expired, what a pity


....the deal is still active;

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Canon-PIXMA-MG2120-Inkjet-Photo-All-In...

My 2 cents.

If the majority of your printing is text (homework, documents, directions, recipes, letters, etc.) I suggest going with a laser printer for b&w and use Costco for color/photo prints (if available). I used to play the inkjet game and lost badly. Inkjets are not made to last (that's why they're so cheap) and the cost of ink is tremendous. In most cases you will save money in the long run with a laser printer. I've been using the same laser printer for over 4 years and have never once replaced the toner (I have a 10,000 print capacity toner in it). Only with an inkjet do you spend more on ink than paper. Not to mention the pages don't bleed with laser prints, which is important for printing documents. One drip of water on an inkjet print can destroy it. I also experienced really bad prints with my inkjet if I hadn't used it for a while. It would take a few prints to clean off the head of dried ink (at least this is what I assumed was happening) before I could get a good print. I had my laserjet in storage for 6 months and it fired up and printed perfectly the first time. I was really surprised to see this.

Did I mention laser printers are WAY more reliable? If you want to rely on a printer to give you great text prints when you need them it's laser all the way. I've seen a lot of homework turned in with inkjets and the quality of the text is ugly. It is usually smeared at least a little, and if the ink is low(which happens way more often with an inkjet)... ugh. Giving good grades to papers with crappy printed text is tough

If you want an economical, quality laser option I think Brother is a good way to go. Some of their good laser printers you can find in the $50-$100 range when on sale. If you have a bit more money there are some great all-in-one units on Newegg from some of the big printer companies.

I'll let you in on a little trick I use to save on ink.I have an HP C7280 ,a real ink eating pig.It seemed that it would eat even the color ink when I was printing a black and white,so I would check on grayscale.Still eating color ink, hmmm.I found a drop down on the grayscale prompt that said "use black ink only" got it!!!! Also never print anything with a black back ground.My ink complaints are now gone.I'm like you,I always price the ink on a new printer now.

Matrim33 said:   My 2 cents.

If the majority of your printing is text (homework, documents, directions, recipes, letters, etc.) I suggest going with a laser printer for b&w and use Costco for color/photo prints (if available). I used to play the inkjet game and lost badly. Inkjets are not made to last (that's why they're so cheap) and the cost of ink is tremendous. In most cases you will save money in the long run with a laser printer. I've been using the same laser printer for over 4 years and have never once replaced the toner (I have a 10,000 print capacity toner in it). Only with an inkjet do you spend more on ink than paper. Not to mention the pages don't bleed with laser prints, which is important for printing documents. One drip of water on an inkjet print can destroy it. I also experienced really bad prints with my inkjet if I hadn't used it for a while. It would take a few prints to clean off the head of dried ink (at least this is what I assumed was happening) before I could get a good print. I had my laserjet in storage for 6 months and it fired up and printed perfectly the first time. I was really surprised to see this.

Did I mention laser printers are WAY more reliable? If you want to rely on a printer to give you great text prints when you need them it's laser all the way. I've seen a lot of homework turned in with inkjets and the quality of the text is ugly. It is usually smeared at least a little, and if the ink is low(which happens way more often with an inkjet)... ugh. Giving good grades to papers with crappy printed text is tough

If you want an economical, quality laser option I think Brother is a good way to go. Some of their good laser printers you can find in the $50-$100 range when on sale. If you have a bit more money there are some great all-in-one units on Newegg from some of the big printer companies.




RE:
Inkjets are not made to last (that's why they're so cheap) and the cost of ink is tremendous


I have to disagree on both of your experiences.

Ink can be very cheap, refill your own or generics and the only ink jet printers I ever had that did not last long was when Xerox made the consumer models that used 4 ink tanks, it was the plastic wheels that make everything turn that wore out.


Canon, Brother and Epson inkjet printers just go and go.
I would not even consider a laser unless the printer was free and the toner almost free.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014