• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Linksys EA4500 App-Enabled N900 Dual-Band Wireless-N Router with Gigabit and USB for $138.27 + FSS @ Amazon.com

LINK

KEY FEATURES
  • Maximum wireless-n speed (up to 450 + 450 Mbps) for ultra-fast wireless transfer rates
  • Simultaneous dual-band to maximize throughput and help avoid network interference
  • Maximum range and reliability with full 3x3 MIMO antenna array
  • Gigabit Ethernet (10/100/1000 Mbps) ports for speeds 10x faster than Ethernet
  • USB Port to add a range of devices such as storage and printers

This is the lowest I've seen this priced before. Most of the bad reviews are complaining about the Cisco Connect Cloud service that they FORCED users to use with a "backdoor" update to the firmware. They've done some serious backpedaling since then, but I would still advise that you make sure that automatic firmware updates are disabled. My two cents...

Other than that, this is a pretty powerful router. They haven't changed the user interface much, which I like, because I've been using Linksys stuff for years.

FYI inSSIDer is one of several free programs out there that will show you the wireless networks in your vicinity. It's very helpful for choosing appropriate channels to avoid interference. LINK

Amazon
Get Up to 5.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

Linksys EA4500 (18.40kB)
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014