• Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary

smithmicro anime
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

How are these guys with rebates?

clearanceman said:   How are these guys with rebates?I didn't have any problems. Just be aware that claiming the rebate requires you to register the software.

Thanks for the heads up, I'm out..

Flatbob said:   clearanceman said:   How are these guys with rebates?I didn't have any problems. Just be aware that claiming the rebate requires you to register the software.

I see that they are requesting the serial number on the rebate form, and obviously that means you have to open the box...but is giving them the serial number the same as actually registering it? To me, registration implies installing the software.

ktg said:   Flatbob said:   clearanceman said:   How are these guys with rebates?I didn't have any problems. Just be aware that claiming the rebate requires you to register the software.

I see that they are requesting the serial number on the rebate form, and obviously that means you have to open the box...but is giving them the serial number the same as actually registering it? To me, registration implies installing the software.
Reading the T&C, it says:
To receive your $40 rebate, the following items must be included:
(1) This original coupon completed.
(2) The original (or copy) of the completed registration card for ANIME STUDIO DEBUT 8 with Serial Number.
(3) The original (or copy) of the UPC code cut from the ANIME STUDIO DEBUT 8 box.
(4) The original store receipt (or a copy) for the purchase of ANIME STUDIO DEBUT 8 with the name, date, and price circled (altered receipts will not be accepted).
I interpret (2) to mean you're actually registering the software. Feel free to disagree

Flatbob said:   I interpret (2) to mean you're actually registering the software. Feel free to disagree I agree. You don't have to install the software, but you do have to send in the completed registration card.

Flatbob said:   ktg said:   Flatbob said:   clearanceman said:   How are these guys with rebates?I didn't have any problems. Just be aware that claiming the rebate requires you to register the software.

Reading the T&C, it says:
To receive your $40 rebate, the following items must be included:
(1) This original coupon completed.
(2) The original (or copy) of the completed registration card for ANIME STUDIO DEBUT 8 with Serial Number.
(3) The original (or copy) of the UPC code cut from the ANIME STUDIO DEBUT 8 box.
(4) The original store receipt (or a copy) for the purchase of ANIME STUDIO DEBUT 8 with the name, date, and price circled (altered receipts will not be accepted).
I interpret (2) to mean you're actually registering the software. Feel free to disagree

Thanks for pointing that out. I obviously didn't scan the fine print closely enough.

Still surprising to me. SmithMicro had a similar-looking $40 rebate on Poser Debut last week, and that one didn't have the registration card requirement---just the serial number.

It's now showing as $44.99 for me, so $5 after rebate

Shows $40 for me. Free after rebate.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014