• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

in store
Disclaimer
For those of us that can't wait until BF for a reasonable Virgin Mobile phone at a reasonable price. Currently this price is not on-line, not in their weekly flyer, only at local B&M RS stores. See image attachment:

Update: (10/9/12) I've been a happy VM customer for almost 3 years and I swapped my phone easily in a few minutes online using the Virgin Mobile website and I am still on the $25/month plan.

Here are the specs and FIND IT IN-STORE link:
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=13039749

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
I knew about that, but didn't figure it was worth mentioning, since it was poorly documented and it's now no longer avai... (more)

excoriatorb (Oct. 12, 2012 @ 2:58p) |

Trying to reduce the red. Been to the store. Know who you're talking about. Feel your pain.

asuka (Oct. 12, 2012 @ 3:20p) |

DEAD.

$129 at RS, $99 at BB. Not a bargain at either price.
Any other recommendations for for a mid level VM phone... (more)

ercme (Oct. 12, 2012 @ 8:08p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › LG
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thanks! Will check it out tomorrow.

OP, how do i get on the $25 plan. It was mentioned earlier but i did not pay heed.

can this be unlocked to use on T-Mobile prepaid ? is the $69.99 without a contract?

edit: clicked on the link and says no contract phone. now only question is if this could be unlocked.

I dont even like stepping into a ratshack store. The employees there are so ignorant about their products, return policy, and they try to up sell you other worthless products. I had a run in with the manager at the marysville, ca. store. Some short, stocky, idiot twenty something manager

I would like to know if I can move a grandfathered $25 plan (currently on an Optimus V) to this phone. I don't want lose that plan trying to swap phones. - Thans

I have not use LG mobile phone.it looks cheap.

jignesh said:   can this be unlocked to use on T-Mobile prepaid ? is the $69.99 without a contract?

edit: clicked on the link and says no contract phone. now only question is if this could be unlocked.
Virgin Mobile uses CDMA phones, T-Mobile uses GSM.

Not on sale in Southern NJ. Employee said he didn't know what i was talking about.

Just checked N. Adams, MA store and price went up to $129 v. marked $99 price even though the tag on the phone said the $99 was good until the end of October. So it appears YMV. Haven't had a chance to check 2 other stores nearby. I'm not going to seek it out as I'm concerned about losing my $25/mon. plan. On the other hand just using feature via wifi is still a pretty good deal @ $69.

Crap! Just paid $99-$12 FatCash direct from Virgin. PHone is nice. Android looks pretty smooth. Not latest tech, but good equipment. Feels light and plasticy, but throw a normal case on it for $3 from eBay and it looks like any other 3.5" smart phone. $45/mo for 1200 minutes and unlimited data. Nice phone with a cheap plan. We're happy so far.

yellowcase said:   I have not use LG mobile phone.it looks cheap.

That's because it's a dummy phone in the picture.

I have very bad experience with LG phones. All 3 same model, same problem, touch screen completely quit responding. No more LG for me. LG = Life is NOT Good.

yugpatel said:   I have very bad experience with LG phones. All 3 same model, same problem, touch screen completely quit responding. No more LG for me. LG = Life is NOT Good.
What model LG phone you has problem ?

bamx2 said:   I would like to know if I can move a grandfathered $25 plan (currently on an Optimus V) to this phone. I don't want lose that plan trying to swap phones. - ThansNo.

http://virginmobileusa.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5667...

Starting May 27, 2012, if you are using the $25, $40, or $60 Beyond Talk Plans and you upgrade to a Beyond Talk Smartphone launched after May 1, 2012 (including the HTC EVO™ V 4G), you will need to switch to the current $35, $45, or $55 Beyond Talk Monthly Plan. When you switch plans, you will need to pay for your new plan and you will lose any minutes, messages, and money in your balance. This will also change your monthly payment date. So if you are considering upgrading to a new smartphone, we recommend that you wait until right before your next monthly payment date to activate.

*The following smartphones launched before May 1, 2012 and are therefore not subject to the new device upgrade rules at this time: VentureTM, LG ® OptimusTM Slider, HTC ® Wildfire STM, Motorola TriumphTM, LG ® Optimus VTM, Blackberry ® CurveTM 8530.

The people in this thread who have the Elite on the $25 plan did it during a brief window of time in May 2012 when the Elite was included on this list. It's no longer eligible for a grandfathered plan.

OlyMoly said:   OP, how do i get on the $25 plan. It was mentioned earlier but i did not pay heed.You would have to buy someone's account who is on that plan. It is no longer available for new or existing customers. Customers who have it can keep it, but no one can switch to it.

How about if you have the old $40 1200 minute/unlimited data plan. Does upgrading from an Optimus V to this Optimus Elite force you into the $45 plan now? (Is the $40 plan a "grandfather" as well?)

excoriatorb said:   
The people in this thread who have the Elite on the $25 plan did it during a brief window of time in May 2012 when the Elite was included on this list. It's no longer eligible for a grandfathered plan.

icecube said:   How about if you have the old $40 1200 minute/unlimited data plan. Does upgrading from an Optimus V to this Optimus Elite force you into the $45 plan now? (Is the $40 plan a "grandfather" as well?)All old plans are grandfathered.

The Optimus Elite is one of the "launched after May 1" phones that the following quote from my link above applies to.

Starting May 27, 2012, if you are using the $25, $40, or $60 Beyond Talk Plans and you upgrade to a Beyond Talk Smartphone launched after May 1, 2012 (including the HTC EVO™ V 4G), you will need to switchText to the current $35, $45, or $55 Beyond Talk Monthly Plan.

excoriatorb said:   bamx2 said:   I would like to know if I can move a grandfathered $25 plan (currently on an Optimus V) to this phone. I don't want lose that plan trying to swap phones. - ThansNo.

Starting May 27, 2012, if you are using the $25, $40, or $60 Beyond Talk Plans and you upgrade to a Beyond Talk Smartphone launched after May 1, 2012 (including the HTC EVO™ V 4G), you will need to switch to the current $35, $45, or $55 Beyond Talk Monthly Plan. When you switch plans, you will need to pay for your new plan and you will lose any minutes, messages, and money in your balance. This will also change your monthly payment date. So if you are considering upgrading to a new smartphone, we recommend that you wait until right before your next monthly payment date to activate.

*The following smartphones launched before May 1, 2012 and are therefore not subject to the new device upgrade rules at this time: VentureTM, LG ® OptimusTM Slider, HTC ® Wildfire STM, Motorola TriumphTM, LG ® Optimus VTM, Blackberry ® CurveTM 8530.

Actually there was a window from the end of August that supposedly closed within the last couple weeks. I know because I'm posting from my Optimus Elite on the 25 plan that I bought 9/20. I'm a new Virgin Mobile customer.

No price like this available, in fact after talking to customer service I was told $99 was the lowest offered by Radio Shack.
Also visited 2 Toledo stores and they told me it was 129.99 even though the display stated 99.99

joannem said:   excoriatorb said:   bamx2 said:   I would like to know if I can move a grandfathered $25 plan (currently on an Optimus V) to this phone. I don't want lose that plan trying to swap phones. - ThansNo.

Actually there was a window from the end of August that supposedly closed within the last couple weeks. I know because I'm posting from my Optimus Elite on the 25 plan that I bought 9/20. I'm a new Virgin Mobile customer.
I knew about that, but didn't figure it was worth mentioning, since it was poorly documented and it's now no longer available.

YSJ said:   I dont even like stepping into a ratshack store. The employees there are so ignorant about their products, return policy, and they try to up sell you other worthless products. I had a run in with the manager at the marysville, ca. store. Some short, stocky, idiot twenty something manager

Trying to reduce the red. Been to the store. Know who you're talking about. Feel your pain.

DEAD.

$129 at RS, $99 at BB. Not a bargain at either price.
Any other recommendations for for a mid level VM phone?
Or other sources for an Optimus Elite for < $99.00

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014