• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_02822974000P

Cobra microTALK CXT85 - Two-way radio - FRS/GMRS - 22-channel (pack of 2 )

The CXT85 comes in a GMRS/FRS two-way radio value pack with a range of up to 16 miles. The radios include rechargeable batteries and a "Y" wall charger. Roger beep, a battery low indicator, battery/power saver, and call alert, make this an affordable and compact option for everyone from the novice to the professional radio enthusiast!

Ultra-clear long distance reception
Extended range capability provides up to 16 mile range
Front panel push buttons provide easy access to all 22 channels
Provides an easily recognizable alert for incoming calls
Conformation tone indicates the completion of the user's transmission, and signals to others it is clear to talk
Automatically shuts off weak transmissions or unwanted noise due to terrain or range constraints
Easy to view display provides the radio's status at a glance
Confirms key activation
Secures your microTALK radio while on the go
Charges supplied rechargeable batteries inside radios

Sears
See Sears coupons that earn 3.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Cobra GMRS/FRS 2-Way Radio Value Pack
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

without CTCSS this is pretty much useless in a busy environment, such as, amusement park

Thx.

domeng said:   without CTCSS this is pretty much useless in a busy environment, such as, amusement park

Maybe so...But when hunting in the not so crowded woods with no cell coverage these really come in handy

Thanks BB

domeng said:   without CTCSS this is pretty much useless in a busy environment, such as, amusement park

Good thing it has it then. I've never seen a FRS that didn't have it. They just don't call it that in the FRS world. They call it subchannels or privacy codes.

I sure wish Cobra would use AA batteries instead of AAA though.

it is 21.97 for me?

Not a deal. Simple google search shows similar price available elsewhere.

Anyone have them? Cobra is a pretty terrible brand in general (based on other products I've owned in the past)

EriCCirE said:   Not a deal. Simple google search shows similar price available elsewhere.

At the time of my post last night it was about $19.50
I did a search on google and did not find one for under that price

mase123987 said:   Anyone have them? Cobra is a pretty terrible brand in general (based on other products I've owned in the past)
I haven't used these in particular, but I've used a pair of older Cobra FRS radios that I picked up for $5 in a long ago deal and they have been excellent. I far prefer the simple Cobra user interface over the difficult to use Midlands that I have seen. But as I have mentioned before, my main complaint is the AAA batteries. I think they are fine for low power devices like remote controls, but not so great for a transceiver. I always carry spares when I'm using my Cobra.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014