• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
It looks like a hot deal

Link

Requires a laptop, smartphone, or tablet with Intel WiDi or Miracast wireless display HDTV with available HDMI input

Built-in Wi-Fi (300 Mbps 802.11 b/g/n)
2.4 GHz or 5 GHz

HDMI
Mini USB for power
Physical Specifications
Dimensions: 84 x 51 x 12 mm (3.30 x 2.0 x 0.47 in)
Weight: 48 g (0.10 lb)

Rakuten.com Shopping
See Rakuten.com Shopping coupons that earn Up to 6.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

NETGEAR PTV3000
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Previous gen was more expensive but to my understanding $59.99 is the MSRP of the 3rd generation PTV3000.

Braxus said:   Previous gen was more expensive but to my understanding $59.99 is the MSRP of the 3rd generation PTV3000.

It is the MSRP but hard to find anyone selling the PTV3000HD at MSRP, Best Buy isn't expected to carry it until 10/14, Amazon 3rd party sells it for ~ $70 or $10 above MSRP.

Netgear also just released updated media streamer devices which also has built in WiDi. It's not clear if they have Miracast or not but the prices are comparable and worth a mention.

For the same price ($59.99 MSRP), the NeoTV Pro (NTV300S) also has the latest WiDi but adds built in media streamer and a simple remote. Not clear if it supports Miracast though. Buy.com currently carries it at MSRP.

For an extra $10 ($69.99 MSRP), the NewTV Max (NTV300SL)has all the features of the NeoTV Pro NTV300S but adds USB media, upgrades to a 2-sided remote. Both Buy.com and Amazon currently carry it at MSRP.

Reviews are lacking since they've only been out for less than a month but the reviews are hit or miss, may just be user error, software issues, etc.
I hope they iron these out because my PTV2000HD (2nd gen adapter) has been a pretty solid performer for me and I want to add another box for the basement, preferably one of the media streamer devices like the NTV300SL, love the look of that remote and having Netflix in a simple box is a lot more efficient than my PS3.

avash said:   Braxus said:   Previous gen was more expensive but to my understanding $59.99 is the MSRP of the 3rd generation PTV3000.

It is the MSRP but hard to find anyone selling the PTV3000HD at MSRP, Best Buy isn't expected to carry it until 10/14, Amazon 3rd party sells it for ~ $70 or $10 above MSRP.

Netgear also just released updated media streamer devices which also has built in WiDi. It's not clear if they have Miracast or not but the prices are comparable and worth a mention.

For the same price ($59.99 MSRP), the NeoTV Pro (NTV300S) also has the latest WiDi but adds built in media streamer and a simple remote. Not clear if it supports Miracast though. Buy.com currently carries it at MSRP.

For an extra $10 ($69.99 MSRP), the NewTV Max (NTV300SL)has all the features of the NeoTV Pro NTV300S but adds USB media, upgrades to a 2-sided remote. Both Buy.com and Amazon currently carry it at MSRP.

Reviews are lacking since they've only been out for less than a month but the reviews are hit or miss, may just be user error, software issues, etc.
I hope they iron these out because my PTV2000HD (2nd gen adapter) has been a pretty solid performer for me and I want to add another box for the basement, preferably one of the media streamer devices like the NTV300SL, love the look of that remote and having Netflix in a simple box is a lot more efficient than my PS3.

Nailed it for the MSRP!
I was trying to do the same thing like you.
I also have PTV2000HD and it is been working fine for me and it is part of my main HT set up. I am planning to move it to basement. PTV2000 has analog output and it is the only output works for me in my Sony 32" HS510(basement); the DVI input in the TV is not working when I hook it to the PTV.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014