• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
3rd party seller through Amazon. I'll be the 1st to say that 900 lumens seems a little much, but I'm not making the claim.

Product Features:
CREE XML T6 with 900+ Lumen output, NO Holster.
3 Mode Output
Aluminum alloy casing with o-rings for water resistant design
Can be mounted on tactical rail with 1" ring mount
Rugged, anodized, CREE LED designed to last 100,000 hours


34 five-star reviews out of 74

Link

Seems to be a nice stock stuffer if nothing else..

Member Summary

Ultrafire WF 501b
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

non-standard batteries!!

Those batteries are fake. The flashlight is good, and with 18650 batteries are great. just need to buy a charger. You can get similar kits on eBay with all you need. I would just buy a pair of panasonic, or sanyo batteries instead of the fake chinese batteries.

One 18650 equals 3 AA's I believe, more power and last longer. I personally spend a little more money on a Ultrafire HD2010.

You cant beat these for $10! I have 2 from recent deal and although I dont believe the output rating they are terrific. IMO, You will never need more light than this can provide (unless you are a candlepower forum junkie). They are very bright. The comments about -non standard batteries- are pointless BTW.. Lots of people have upgraded to lithium technology. Alkalines have there limitations and if you want/need more power than lithium is the way to go..

I've been made, LOL!

TooEasy said:   You cant beat these for $10! I have 2 from recent deal and although I dont believe the output rating they are terrific. IMO, You will never need more light than this can provide (unless you are a candlepower forum junkie). They are very bright. The comments about -non standard batteries- are pointless BTW.. Lots of people have upgraded to lithium technology. Alkalines have there limitations and if you want/need more power than lithium is the way to go..

I've got a bunch of the Cree Q5 that can run off AA or 14500, how long does a flashlight like this last with 18650 batteries?

Just too many variables to answer that accurately. Ultrafire? Panasonic? 2000mah? 3100mah? fake? Just Waay too many variables..

900 lumens on 3AAs must last just long enough to whack myself with the tire iron.

For what it is worth you can use the cells out of an old laptop battery. I have taken several old Dell batteries apart and used the 18650 cells inside. usually there only one or two of the cells that go bad so if you have an old Dell battery you are good to go. you will just need a charger.

dnrlittle said:   For what it is worth you can use the cells out of an old laptop battery. I have taken several old Dell batteries apart and used the 18650 cells inside. usually there only one or two of the cells that go bad so if you have an old Dell battery you are good to go. you will just need a charger.

Very interesting - I've never heard this. I'll put this on my to-research list.

For those who are serious, this flashlight seem to have an average rating (way back in 2010) as its unregulated. IMO its not a very hot deal.

Here is the review http://budgetlightforum.com/node/417

It varies as others have mentioned, but it would probably still outlast any Q5 on 14500 at similar brightness for quite awhile. However, all my 18650 lights are either in the car or sit around the house. They're too bulky to have on me everyday like an AA based light. Plus if the 14500 in my SWM V10A runs out unexpectedly, I can put in a regular AA and get by until I can get home to recharge. That said, I'd pick up one of these up for $10 shipped if I didn't already have so many others.

KuoH

breaux124 said:   I've got a bunch of the Cree Q5 that can run off AA or 14500, how long does a flashlight like this last with 18650 batteries?



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014