• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary

Hi Point 40. cal
Thanks VBMcGB
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

buster2 does love those Hi Points.

Nice price

Nah, just weapons priced correctly ,not overpriced ones for the greedy companys that overcharge for a gun that goes bang

Longing for the pre shrub/NRA gun price days

i dont believe that hi-point are good guns but for an affordable firearm you cant beat the price and i agree its a great price thanks for sharing

Great price, ugly as shit and you WILL be judged if seen with one of these at a range. Just sayin...

BlurryEyed said:   Great price, ugly as shit and you WILL be judged if seen with one of these at a range. Just sayin...

i have to agree with blurry, it is a great price and way FUGLY looking! but its that price for a good home defense gun. and at
the price you could get two or three to keep in various places around the home in case of break in as people are not always in their
bedroom when an intruder barges in!

I have one. I like it but it's the only semi auto I have that occasionally jams. Nothing seems to help, it continues to jam every once in a while. I would not use it for self/home defense. My Sig and XD have thousands of rounds through them and never one single jam.

poorfatkid said:   I have one. I like it but it's the only semi auto I have that occasionally jams. Nothing seems to help, it continues to jam every once in a while. I would not use it for self/home defense. My Sig and XD have thousands of rounds through them and never one single jam.

All types of ammo? Brass? Aluminum? Steel? Did you clean it?

Polish the feed ramp and leave some ammo in rhe clip for a while usually takes care of any ftf,fte with these, The ramps are painted over at the factory simply remove the finish and polish the ramp with a dremel tool and that usually take care of any problems, I don't know why they do it, its the main cause of jams in all HP guns as this is the answer to all fte,ftf, with the 2 I have . Since doing that minute piece of work I have not had a single ftf,fte in over 1K rnds in both guns.Yes you can buy more expensive guns at better quality perhaps, but they'll still both go bang in the end.Never been judged by having one other than the fact I can still shoot it as well as my Colts and Rugers as accurate as either of those fine weapons as well. Which baffles folks when they see me pull it out and shoot as accurately with it as the other 2.

buster2 said:   Polish the feed ramp and leave some ammo in rhe clip for a while usually takes care of any ftf,fte with these, The ramps are painted over at the factory simply remove the finish and polish the ramp with a dremel tool and that usually take care of any problems, I don't know why they do it, its the main cause of jams in all HP guns as this is the answer to all fte,ftf, with the 2 I have . Since doing that minute piece of work I have not had a single ftf,fte in over 1K rnds in both guns.Yes you can buy more expensive guns at better quality perhaps, but they'll still both go bang in the end.Never been judged by having one other than the fact I can still shoot it as well as my Colts and Rugers as accurate as either of those fine weapons as well. Which baffles folks when they see me pull it out and shoot as accurately with it as the other 2.

"The ramps are painted over at the factory simply remove the finish and polish the ramp with a dremel tool and that usually take care of any problems"

Yea, that's exactly what I want to do with my new firearm, is break out the dremel tool and polish the feed ramps...LOL just goes to show you how "quality" a hipoint firearm is. Glocks FTW

I polished the feed ramp on my Savage-Stevens 7mm-08, are you suggesting that's a POS rifle?

thinksnow said:   I polished the feed ramp on my Savage-Stevens 7mm-08, are you suggesting that's a POS rifle?

Not at all, but you didn't "have" to polish it to function properly did you? If you had to, I would have sent it back to the factory. A new firearm should come pre-test fired and ready to go, with the exception of wiping excess oil from factory.

Fair enough.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014