• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
TheCrashmaster said:   I just came back from this cruise last week. Paid about the same amount. The boat was way overdue for an overhaul. Fixtures and carpets were worn. The food was between that of Applebees and Dennys. Nothing special. The 24 hour pizza bar was the quality of cheap frozen pizza. The rooms were clean and nice, but did not have a small refrigerator like that of Celebrity and there were no blow dryers. The internet on tne boat was about 1mps, just fast enough to check your email and sign off. $29 for 45 mitues of Internet time. The activities on the boat were pretty sparse and of poor quality. I have taken 10 cruises and this is my second Carnival. I only went to join another couple. Carnival is known as the party ship. People were drunk and at the pool the entire cruise. I basically had the entire dining room at 8AM as most stayed up late. If you want to party, or are looking to 'hookup' then go Carnival. If you want to have and remember your good time, Celebrity is a good cruise line.
You can't generalize about Carnival by just going on one of their cheaper, 4 night cruises on their older, smaller ships. You get what you pay for. Try a 7 night on one of their larger ships. Also Celebrity is much more expensive.
I didn't notice any more drunks on CCL than RCCL, but none were cheap, short, small ship cruises.

dontcare4myname said:   AJR said:   

For our honeymoon my soon to be wife and I are doing an 8 day/7 night Tampa to Honduras, Cozumel, and Belize on Norwegian, cruise dates: 11/25-12/2, interior cabin (only time in the room will be for sex, sleep, shower). Got it at a steal for $369/pp, total for both of us with taxes is $960 which is about $68/night pp. Plus we have a $75 OBC.

I haven't been on Carnival, but have been on Royal Caribbean.

Watch out for hidden videos in ur room

Huh?

gosh

sounds like a bunch of old nagging grandma's n pa's replied in this thread

what ever happen to the old saying if you dont like something move on and keep your mouth shut!

please people, almost every thread on here is people bit#$%ng if u don't like a deal move along or provide a better deal just please stop the hate!

cogitovici said:   
Best times I ever had were in the Mexican ports of call, especially Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan, Acapulco and Zihuantanejo. Good time in Jamaica and Cayman Island. Sad to say, Mexico is probably out of the question for us for a long time now. Cancun, Cabo, Eastern Coast were OK, but had a blast at the first 4 I listed.

Puerto Vallarta and Acapulco (and Mazatlan too it seems) are not very safe places now. I would stick with the northern Yucatan ports from Costa Maya and north of.
http://www.cruiselawnews.com/2012/05/articles/crime/mexican-viol...
http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=4682

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014