Computer Features: Touchpad, Built-in Speaker
Processor Brand: Intel
Processor Speed: Up to 1.6 Ghz
Processor Type: Intel Atom N2600
Cache Memory Installed Capacity: 1MB L2 Cache
System Bus Speed: Up to 800 Mhz
System RAM: 1024 MB
Memory RAM Type: DDR3
Maximum RAM Supported: 1024 MB (I doubt this is correct)
Data Storage Capacity: 320GB Hard Drive Capacity
HDMI

Member Summary

Acer Netbook Atom 10.1
Thanks MVP9596
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Really, $160 doesn't seem like much of a deal these days with most any new tablet running circles around them. Had an A... (more)

Danzilla (Oct. 14, 2012 @ 5:16a) |

Thats funny because I am not using my touchpad. What OS are you running on the Touchpad?

teraman (Oct. 14, 2012 @ 7:36a) |

There is no difference in size between 10.1 and 11.6" laptops. There are lots of 11.6" laptops that have more features a... (more)

docjoo (Oct. 14, 2012 @ 1:02p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › Acer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Picked up two at my local target.

Sounds like the exact same model as the Gateway one at WalMart for $158. Well, except this one has a 6-cell battery. So a better deal. Now if one can find them. My Targets almost always have empty computer cases.

It can do 2GB of RAM.... I installed for a bunch of customers.....

GudSpellur said:   El Linko

My local Target has these for $160 and had 4 or so available. YMMV

Maximum Resolution: 1024 x 600
Aspect Ratio: 16:9 Aspect Ratio
Display Features: LED Display, Crystal Brite, WSVGA

Ozman1005 said:   It can do 2GB of RAM.... I installed it for a bunch of customers.....

GudSpellur said:   El Linko

My local Target has these for $160 and had 4 or so available. YMMV

Maximum Resolution: 1024 x 600
Aspect Ratio: 16:9 Aspect Ratio
Display Features: LED Display, Crystal Brite, WSVGA

Dynastar454 said:   Picked up two at my local target.
Please give In-store SKU.
thanks ahead.

wildbottom said:   Dynastar454 said:   Picked up two at my local target.
thanks ahead.

It's on the webpage when you click the link:
Store Item Number (DPCI): 241-25-6411

Not even 720P capable? In this day and age? RED!

VirtuaL said:   Not even 720P capable? In this day and age? RED!

Good, I love reds from idiots.

kenbenobi said:   wildbottom said:   Dynastar454 said:   Picked up two at my local target.
thanks ahead.

It's on the webpage when you click the link:
Store Item Number (DPCI): 241-25-6411

No. The link is to an online-only item. There's an equivalent model in the store, but I don't know the DPCI.

Any item with a DPCI starting with 241, 242, or 243 will be online-only, FYI.

GudSpellur said:   VirtuaL said:   Not even 720P capable? In this day and age? RED!

Who's the real idiot here? Someone that pays $160 for a 1024x600 1GB RAM netbook, or someone like me that picked up a 1366x768 4GB RAM netbook for $202.

Edit: It seems that this netbook comes with Starter. Mine came with Home Premium. Another reason to give this deal red.

Edit 2: My netbook deal was in the Target Clearance thread about a month back. It was an Acer Aspire One 722. So they may be sold out by now, but soon, I'm sure, they will put the newer unsold Acer Aspire 725 models on clearance too.

Not interested in a laptop slower than my cellphone...

As usual nothing at my local target. There were two laptops/netbooks on clearance but there were opened and of lower specs.

VirtuaL said:    a 1366x768 4GB RAM netbook for $202.

Edit: It seems that this netbook comes with Starter. Mine came with Home Premium. Another reason to give this deal red.

Where is this deal?

I bought a netbook back when they first started showing up. I didn't have a need for a full-fledged laptop or the price that came with one so it worked out. That said, There are way too many deals on decent entry-level laptops to be looking at netbooks anymore UNLESS size is your only concern.

Another thought: Windows 8 requires (for metro apps) that the resolution be at least 1024 x 768, meaning the netbook won't work with Windows 8 well. There are hacks to get it working, but the average buyer of a netbook isn't the type of person who wants to be screwing with settings just to make things work.

VirtuaL said:   1366x768 4GB RAM netbook for $202.

Make/model/source?

I have a single core netbook and they are great for internet browsing. This one probably doesn't do 720P because the hardware is too slow anyway. I would get another at this price because the battery sounds really good. Think of a netbook as a tablet with a keyboard that runs windows 7 starter instead of android.
Right now I am on a Core i5-2410m with an SSD instead of my netbook mainly because of the better battery and also the quicker startup time but once the atom is up there is no big difference for browsing in Chrome until the 2 cell battery dies on my first generation netbook.

VirtuaL said:   GudSpellur said:   VirtuaL said:   Not even 720P capable? In this day and age? RED!

Who's the real idiot here? Someone that pays $160 for a 1024x600 1GB RAM netbook, or someone like me that picked up a 1366x768 4GB RAM netbook for $202.

No need for red!

OP was just posting a deal that he found...

If you don't like it, then don't buy it...

...and where is the thread for this great $202 Netbook you bought?

Why is this a good deal? Save up your money for Black Friday and buy a real laptop.

docjoo said:   Why is this a good deal? Save up your money for Black Friday and buy a real laptop.For some people, (smaller) size matters.

These are 4 or 5 years old and sold for $299 back in the day. These should be $79.

Really, $160 doesn't seem like much of a deal these days with most any new tablet running circles around them. Had an Atom netbook for a couple years and just never used it after getting my HP Touchpad. True my Atom was only a single core...

Danzilla said:   Really, $160 doesn't seem like much of a deal these days with most any new tablet running circles around them. Had an Atom netbook for a couple years and just never used it after getting my HP Touchpad. True my Atom was only a single core...

Thats funny because I am not using my touchpad. What OS are you running on the Touchpad?

NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   docjoo said:   Why is this a good deal? Save up your money for Black Friday and buy a real laptop.For some people, (smaller) size matters.

There is no difference in size between 10.1 and 11.6" laptops. There are lots of 11.6" laptops that have more features and can be upgraded so that you don't have to feel like you need to buy a laptop next year. This 10.1" is under powered and buyer will be wasting lots of time for this toy to boot up....probably can't even handle Windows 8. I bet this Black Friday, you can buy a descent one for $200. If you want a small laptop, just buy a tablet. It will run circles around this Atom processor. My iPad has replaced my 11.6 laptop.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 12:00AM CST (Midnight) tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.