Swiss+Gear SAI722 Backpack $5 @ OD B&M

Archived From: Hot Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
My Office Depot in the SF bay area is clearing out back-to-school backpacks, mostly non-brand name, with the following exception:

Swiss+Gear SAI722 SKU: 805639 Normally $20, on clearance for $5. 5 year warranty. Black with pink, blue or black accents. These are basic backpacks, nothing fancy. Fine for day hikes, gyms, emergency bags, etc. If you want to impress your family/friends/neighbors, then look elsewhere.

Here's a description:
http://www.amazon.com/SwissGear-Wenger-Backpack-Blue-SAI722/dp/B...

As always, for those of you who constantly whine about imperfect posts: man up or call mommy.

Office Depot
See Office Depot promo codes that earn 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Logo (2.29kB)
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

As I said in prior threads, they tried selling these at $10/each and couldn't even sell them then. Avenues by Leather really screwed up the SwissGear licensing with this one. Worst SwissGear product ever!

I'd rather save my $5 and use some conference totebag/backpack... they're usually better built.

You are correct this is not your usual SwissGear backpack posted here. They are very light weight. You can not use this to carry any laptop but, having said that, I must tell you that I picked up a few of this when OD was selling them for $7 each. While these (backpacks) may not impress kids here in USA I believe they will be big hits for some kids in 3rd world. Mine will be heading down to Africa in a few weeks for a few lucky kids.

asuka said:   As I said in prior threads, they tried selling these at $10/each and couldn't even sell them then. Avenues by Leather really screwed up the SwissGear licensing with this one. Worst SwissGear product ever!

I'd rather save my $5 and use some conference totebag/backpack... they're usually better built.

With winter approaching they should be good enough for spare clothes and blanket

Igbo said:   You are correct this is not your usual SwissGear backpack posted here. They are very light weight. You can not use this to carry any laptop but, having said that, I must tell you that I picked up a few of this when OD was selling them for $7 each. While these (backpacks) may not impress kids here in USA I believe they will be big hits for some kids in 3rd world. Mine will be heading down to Africa in a few weeks for a few lucky kids.
That's terrible! What's next - trying to pass off your muffin bottoms to the homeless?

Lightweight doesn't necessarily equate with poor quality. These backpacks have ballistic nylon on the bottom, with the balance being mostly rip-stop nylon. They also have a nice lining.

There are plenty of poor kids here in the US. Ask any grade school teacher in all but the wealthiest communities in the US and you'll probably find that the teacher buys schools supplies for the students.

bulldingo said:   Lightweight doesn't necessarily equate with poor quality. These backpacks have ballistic nylon on the bottom, with the balance being mostly rip-stop nylon. They also have a nice lining.

There are plenty of poor kids here in the US. Ask any grade school teacher in all but the wealthiest communities in the US and you'll probably find that the teacher buys schools supplies for the students.

Yep. Buying a few of these for donation to a local school is not the worst idea of all time.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014