• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Maybe these are junk, but it is getting colder and I was looking for ways to save on heating this winter. For $7.25 I thought I would give it a shot.

BLACK & DECKER Thermal Leak Detector

I am guessing it is a YMMV deal and it was not available for shipping.

Lowe's
See Lowe's coupons that earn Up to 2.25% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

these are actually really slick and useful...for $7.25 it's a must have.

None available near Sandy Springs, GA

none available 50 miles around braintree

I got one quite some time ago. It is pretty nice. It can tell you the temp of a spot plus it will light a color based on the difference to a reference point. Pretty cool. Great deal at this price. Oos in cumming, ga but I guess I only need one. Would be tempted fora other if in stock. Not sure why I would want more than one of these...

let my excitement get the best of me ... read good reviews on Amazon, had ShopDiscover window ready, only to find out its OOS @ Lowes around me. thanks though OP

My local Lowes does not even carry this brand of detector.

Great deal, if you can find one, but OOS everywhere I can think of within a 100 mile radius

Now $17.40

$17.40 in Chino Hills. California.

These go for around $17 on Amazon (generic brands) - not as cheap as $7, but not bad either!

Must have been a price mistake. when I looked last night, chino hills didn't have any...

rpi1967 said:   Now $17.40

Even at that price I would have bought one. None available though.

$17.40 in NoVA...

It's worth it if you can get it for under $20. It's really just an infrared thermometer. The light is just a gimmick. The display shows the room's ambient temperature and if your infrared beam hits a spot that is colder than ambient, it will shine a blue light on the spot. If you point it at a place that is hotter, it will show red. You can set the threshold for the temperature difference before the light changes from green to blue or red (i.e. 5 or >10). I bought one from Amazon and it arrived defective with the blue light not operational at all. I decided to return it since I already own an infrared thermometer.

It is $29 in Arlington Heights, IL .. too bad. Would love to get it for under $15

I've owned this for a few years. Really useful gadget showing where the draft was coming in the house. So simple my wife uses it! (That says alot--My wife is technological challenged..... She even used it on the baby's bottle when heating it up!) I paid over $30 for it a few years back. If you can get it for under $20 get it!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014