• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

HP22 5 inch barrel
Disclaimer
LINK

This should get some conversation going!

Sold by Budsgunshop.com

The Phoenix Arms Rangemaster Pistol Kit gives you a 5 inch barrel that is perfect for self defense, target shooting and small game too. A great choice for the ladies too, thePhoenix Arms Rangemaster Pistol Kit has a comfortable fit in your hand, an even trigger pull and it looks good too. You can't go wrong with a Phoenix Arms Rangemaster Pistol Kit.

Phoenix Arms Rangemaster Pistol Kit
Model: HP22A
Manufacturer Number: RAHP22ARMN
Action: Semi-Automatic
Size: Full
Caliber: 22 LR (Long Rifle)
Capacity: 10 Round
Barrel Length: 5 Inch
Grips: Plastic
LINK

Sights: Adjustable
Frame: Alloy
Weight: 20 Ounces
Includes:
1 Magazine
Finish: Nickel

Member Summary

HP22 RANGEMASTER KIT NKL
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

This is what is commonly referred to as a "junk gun". These are worse than Hi-Points.

Just like Hi-points everybody believes that because they are cheap, they are junk, except for those of us that actually own and shoot this gun and know this to be wrong, especially in this case. This Phoenix is an excellent gun and once some of the California safeties are taken off, which a quick search will show you how and it is easy, it also becomes user friendly. Not a self-defense weapon but with the range kit these have great accuracy and reliability. Super fun, cheap, and solid as a rock. But yeah if you want something that you bring straight to the range and fire the moment you get it then you will be sorely disappointed with this gun.

Personally though if you are not comfortable modifying anything on your weapon, or wish not to bother, than I would actually suggest biting the bullet and paying roughly double the cost of this gun for a Ruger SR22 which straight out of the box is one of the best 22lr pistols out there.

HP-22 Range Kit
Disclaimer
Thanks GreenTrash and Phunktion. I was not familiar with PA and did some searches for reviews. As with the HPs reviews were often surprised at the quality, reliability and accuracy. Note that according to the Phoenix Arms site (manual) the Rangemaster Kit includes a locking hard case and cleaning kit. The differences between this and the Deluxe kit are this does not come with an extra 3" barrel, and includes just one [extended] magazine. Extra 10-round magazines are MSRP $11.50/$16.00 for standard/extended. Wow!

I've been waiting on a fire sale on the SR-22 and this one looks really attractive at this price.

i had this and hated it

i cant comment on that one, however the best way to describe the Phoenix HP22, is a fiddly POS

buster2 said:   http://www.woodburyoutfitters.com/product_p/106.htm, just in case

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014