• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

GIRSAN 1911 SERIES .45 ACP

It is very hard to find affordability and high quality in the same firearm when it comes to 1911 pistols. However, there is now a series of 1911's available from Girsan company that finally make this a reality for US buyers.

Precision crafted Girsan pistols definitely raise the bar on quality while maintaining an affordable price.

Girsan 1911 pistols include CNC machined bar stock slides, steel frames and cold forged barrels. Precision fit and finish, Turkish Walnut grips and many other features which you only find in 1911's at 2 or even 3 times the price !

Girsan's factory is located in Turkey, and they are a supplier to the Turkish Military including Land, Coast Guard, Special Security and Air forces and also exports worldwide. Their manufacturing facility is modernized with CNC machining and world class quality control systems accordingly to ISO 9001 and NATO AQAP quality standards.

QUALITY CONTROL TESTS :
High pressure shooting test, Speed Test, Dispersal Shooting Test, Hot Weather Test, Cold Weather Test, Endurance, Salt, After Endurance and Drop Safety Tests accordingly to NATO and Turkish Ministry of Defense’s technical specifications

Specifications
.45ACP
Short Recoil Operation System
Semi-Automatic
Single Action Trigger
Fixed GI Style Sights; Dovetailed Front & Rear
2.40 Lbs.
8 Round Magazine Capacity
Cold Forged 5" Barrel
Operating Temperature Range of Negative 40 to 140 Degrees Fahrenheit

I've never heard of this manf., nor do I know if it's above/below the ATI/RockIsland/Amcor pistols that are already out there. I will say that I'm very happy with my Stoeger Cougar, also made in Turkey, so I may be a bit influenced.

Slightly over $400 for a 1911 in .45 doesn't sound too shabby, though.

Link

Member Summary

GIRSAN 1911 SERIES .45 ACP
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I just bought the basic MC1911. Looks alone is o.k. Slide to frame along with barrel bushing to barrel is tight. The magazine kept hanging up going into the grip mag well. I worked the mag that came with it and a Chip McCormick mag in and out of it until it slides in easily and falls out when the button is pushed. Going to clean it well tomorrow and try to get it out to the range in the next couple of days. I will have some more feedback then. I don't care for the grips that came with it. I am sure they will get changed in the near future. I tried a couple of left over Remingtion R1 grips but, they do not fit well at all.

jeanettecbot - looking forward to reading your range report.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014