• Page :
  • Text Only
mpattdu said:   What is the purpose of the spent casing?

A symbol of proof that they test fired it for you, and confirmed it goes 'bang'..

mpattdu said:   What is the purpose of the spent casing?

Some states had a problem understanding the second amendment and required spent casing for record keeping. I believe Maryland was such a state. The manufacturer would test fire the gun and include the spent casing with the gun. You then had to mail it off to the state so big gov could record the shell casing's fingerprint. Some manufactures always include this so they can sell to any state.

NY is another state that requires a casing. The firing pin mark on the casing is the "finger print" of the gun.

Dave

thumb safety...found it.

Dave

TheEliteOne said:   There is no on/off Safety on this gun.

Dave

SAFETY FEATURES include internal lock, manual safety, magazine safety and loaded chamber indicator which provides
visual and tactile indication that chamber is loaded.

http://www.ruger.com/products/lc9/features.html

Richardito said:   poison7FL said:   Not a fan of all the safeties, but good deal for those that need them

Can you please elaborate?

Poison, you never elaborated...

The gun looks so cool.

great gun i have 2 of them one as a secondary and the other in my truck all the time and i have never had any problems with them and a good pocket gun ... this is a good deal for anyone looking for a concealed carry this is a good one .....

Just an alternative but the LCP with laser is $344 at Buds. Its not prone to all the issues that effect the mechanical reliability of the LC9.

Repost, this is the everyday price.

jt2377 said:   I remember the last time the same deal was $350 on Sportsman's Outdoor Superstore like either early or mid year. I don't recall if the shipping is free or not.

Repost

I have this same pistol as well. Never had any issues. Ran about 200 rounds through it so far. Load a round in the chamber, top off your magazine, put safety on, and keep it in your pocket. The manual safety has a nice positive click and cannot easily be disengaged (like on accident in your pocket) Its easy to push the safety down with your thumb while gripping the pistol.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.