• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Picture of Both Tools from HD site.
Disclaimer
I picked up a Ryobi Multi Tool and Rotary (dremel like) tool pack at Home Depot in Roswell Ga (Woodstock Rd) on Saturday for $24.03, originally $99. This was on the shelf in the tool area, and the only indication was a sticker on one of the packages, the one I picked up did not have any clearance documentation. It says it has been discontinued on the HD website.

The package includes a bag containing both tools, a cutter, scraper, sander for the multi tool, and a small selection of accessories for the rotary tool. The Multi tool has a 2 sided head that should be able to accommodate a wide variety of different branded multi tool accessories (hopefully Harbor Freight). The Rotary tool is a standard 1/8" head, so all of my existing dremel accessories will work in it.

Item Number from my receipt is: 033287147809

http://www.homedepot.com/buy/ryobi-multi-tool-kit-with-bonus-rot...

Home Depot
See Home Depot promo codes that earn 4.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

SKU? If possible,thanks

got last one 77566

HD's site is a little frustrating because it won't let you search the local stores (or at least what I can see with only one coffee in my system).

Like many Ryobi tools, this has been at the $24.03 clearance price numerous times in the past few years. HD will clearance them out then restock them at full price a month later. Go figure? HD has never sold these for the $99 MSRP they claim on their shelf tag. That is just HD marketing hype. Even when newly restocked they are immediately put on permanent sale for $59 or $69 depending on the accessories included.
Overall this Ryobi rotary tool is very poor quality. I got one during on of the previous $24.03 HD clearance deals a couple of years ago. It burned out the first time I used it. I went through 2 more of them in less than a week working on a bathroom remodel project just using it for very lightweight sheet rock and tile cutting tasks. I finally decided it was not worth the hassle and ended up paying the premium for a $89 Dremel rotary from Lowes which I still use today. If you get this be sure to pay the extra $5 for the product protection plan as you will certainly need it. Harbor Freight also sells a nearly identical model in both looks and low quality which they frequently have advertised for $14.99.

buster2 said:   SKU? If possible,thanks

repost

Attachments/bits on this tool are interchangeable with some dremels, as well as the Rigid corded/cordless versions. And yes, you can find cheap bits at Harbor Freight. Check your local Wallyworld's clearance aisle, too. Saw some there today. I've got the Rigid cordless version (the cheap refurb daily deal posted here a month or two ago) and really like it for jobs I don't want to drag out the big sawzall for.

Went to HD (Oxford, MA) and failed to find it there.

Hi, just my personal experience, I purchased this tool and a jigsaw at discount with intention of keeping it. However during work on the project this tool and the jigsaw proves to be useless. The rotary barely cuts anything, and the jigsaw is hard to control compared to a old one I had. The Dremel version of this rotary tool cuts 3 times faster than this crap using the same blade. In middle of the project, I had to stop and return to Home Depot.

However, I also have the Ryobi table saw and drill press and both works great.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014