• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Thought I would share...

Seems like Plastic Jungle has a solid deal on Marriott gift cards at 7% off face, then TopCashBack for another 4% off right now. They only have $100 cards in stock ever it seems, and often are low on inventory (but seems like they have a lot currently), but I had no problem paying the Ritz (yes you can use Marriott GCs at all Ritzs now as well) with a small stack of them and got a nice 11% discount on the stay, plus earned my full points as always.

I do like TopCashBack, they post CashBack within hours or a day usually, as opposed to several days waiting. However, I'm not sure if the 4% rate is permanant or a promo rate.

https://www.plasticjungle.com/gift-card/Marriott-gift-cards

Member Summary

Marriott gift card
Thanks VBMcGB
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

What else can you buy with these, other than nights or room service at or near retail price?

so really just 7% then sign up for another Cash Back service to get the 4%.

My experience with PlasticJungle was not good..If something is not available, they say that at the final step after taking all details including credit card..

To answer the above questions...

You can use them for any charge on your bill at a Marriott owned (or Ritz) branded hotel. You can see the Marriott brands at the bottom of thier page (all take these gift cards): http://www.marriott.com/default.mi

Yes, it's 7% off face, plus 4% extra from TopCashback, plus using your favorite credit card to buy them for more CashBack or points. I do not see that FatWallet offers CashBack for buying on Plastic Jungle, and TopCashBack is the current best rate I've found for buying there.

I agree PlasticJungle can be frustrating, especially when items are in very high demand and very low inventory (perhaps like Target). I've added an item to my cart, and before I could checkout, it was sold to someone else and my order was instantly cancelled as item not available. Still, they are MUCH better than eBay and there is no risk of fraud b/c they guarantee the balance is there or will refund you easily (unlike eBay's pita system). Like I said, I posted this here b/c I noticed PlasticJungle has a large inventory of Marriott cards right now (180+) so this should not be an issue until thier inventory drops. For what it's worth, I've seen them sell as many as 50-70 of these cards in a day before when they emailed an advertisement about it.

Overall, not a super hot deal by any means, but if you stay at Marriott for business or have planned stays already, a very easy way to lop 11% off the total bill, so why not.

There's a code right now for a 10% bonus on gift cards ordered directly from Marriott... no secondary CB sites and no secondary GC market. I believe it's an amtrak code. Google it.

You can order a 500 GC and they'll give you a 550 one.

Had a week long stay that i bought $1100 worth from PJ earlier this year and it came through without a hitch.

A lot of people were buying Marriott gift cards to take advantage of a Southwest promotion where you received Rapid Rewards points for buying those gift cards from Marriott. So it makes sense Plastic Jungle has a lot of these since there are more than usual floating around.

vnuts21 said:   There's a code right now for a 10% bonus on gift cards ordered directly from Marriott... no secondary CB sites and no secondary GC market. I believe it's an amtrak code. Google it.

You can order a 500 GC and they'll give you a 550 one.

This is the 10% deal, Explained so it's easily understood.

Looks like Plastic Jungle dropped the base price to 9% off now, but also dropped the TCB rate to 2.5%. Still, that is a win for buying Marriott at 11.5% off currently, fwiw.

Hate to say it, but this is kind of a raw deal.

go to gifts.mariott.com

buy card for $50-1,000

Apply coupon code "AMT" at checkout for a 10% bonus (IE: buy $500 get $550 GC). This is roughly 9% Cash Back.

Go through mr rebates for another 4% off for 14-15% total discount.

Best of all? You're ordering from the official source. No risk of bad GCs.

Mr Rebates at 4% is a current bonus, it was 2% when I authored this thread. Further, PJ lowered thier sales rate to 90% base, plus 4% TCB, for ~14% off recently which still trumps 9% + 4%. That said, they are back up to 93% base and 2.5% TCB.

I consider PJ essentiall 100% guaranteed of the card's value, save they go bankrupt before you can file your claim.

Also, consider Marriott charges a shipping fee, PJ does not.

Both good options right now, but the AMT promo will end on 12/31/12 as of now too. PJ is something to keep an eye on more long term. I think it is silly you called it a "raw deal" though, as all you did was post a temporarily better deal to the one I posted which is more long term.

PJ is currently selling Marriott at 10% off, plus 2.5% TCB. Was previously 6.5%, fyi. It's a much better relative deal now that the AMT promo has expired back in Dec as well.

https://www.plasticjungle.com/gift-card/Marriott-gift-cards

If you are planning on using these at a specific hotel, I recommend checking with the hotel to ensure they accept the gift cards. Had an unpleasant surprise at an Autograph Collection hotel that was not set up to accept gift cards....

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014