• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
El Linko

El Linko Del Azure

For companies with less than 10 employees or individuals (I am pretty sure everyone can qualify as an individual...).

Does NOT have Windows 7,8 or Office.

Azure info:

Included each month at no charge

CLOUD SERVICES SQL DATABASE ACCESS CONTROL DATA TRANSFERS (WORLDWIDE)
375 hours of a small compute instance 1 1 Database Unit of Web Edition database 2 100,000 Access Control transactions 25 GB out (worldwide) 3
STORAGE CDN CACHING SERVICE BUS
35 GB of storage capacity 25 GB out (worldwide) 128 MB Cache 500,000 messages
50,000,000 storage transactions 500,000 CDN transactions - 1,500 relay hours

Microsoft Store
Need a Microsoft Store coupon that earns 4.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

Microsof Software
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
If you have an extra key just let me know.

GudSpellur (Nov. 06, 2012 @ 10:22a) |

Share the parameters/ details of what you submitted?

abhisurf (Nov. 20, 2012 @ 6:49a) |

I wouldn't necessarily correlate this to MS. There are plenty of services that troll the State's database of businesses... (more)

hammer45 (Nov. 20, 2012 @ 7:06a) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Green for OP.
At least you don't have to pay for this, but the downside is that you don't get Windows 8. Through the other post for Sparks you have to pay the minimum of around $20, and you get Windows 8.
Nice find.

ElGuache said:   Green for OP.
At least you don't have to pay for this, but the downside is that you don't get Windows 8. Through the other post for Sparks you have to pay the minimum of around $20, and you get Windows 8.
Nice find.

I just updated this with the Azure credit which might be useful for some...

Do we have to provide a CC for Azure credit?

pkp413 said:   Do we have to provide a CC for Azure credit?

Yes.

Where does it mention any 2012 products? I must be missing something on the site...

How is it different from bizspark ? In Bizspark I get free windows 7, 8, 9 ....

http://www.microsoft.com/bizspark/

ir0nw0lf said:   Where does it mention any 2012 products? I must be missing something on the site...

Did you create the login ID?

Nope, was I? Was just looking at the FAQ's and site info, only could find 2008/2010 stuff. I'll go back and create a ID, thanks

sunrise said:   How is it different from bizspark ? In Bizspark I get free windows 7, 8, 9 ....

Looking at this thread here it looks like there might be an exit fee and you have to have a real company to get Bizspark.

Good find; thanks OP!

Not sure if this all that's available, but this is the export from the keys page:

Expression Web 3
Expression Studio 4 Web Professional (WebsiteSpark)
Expression Studio 4 Premium (WebsiteSpark)
Visual Studio Team Foundation Server Express 2012
Visual Studio 2010 Professional
Visual Studio Team Explorer Everywhere 2010
Visual Studio Express 2012 for Web
Visual Studio Express 2012 for Windows 8
Visual Studio Professional 2012
Visual Studio Team Foundation Server Express 2012
Visual Studio Express 2012 for Windows Desktop
Visual Studio 2010 Professional
Windows HPC Server 2008 and Windows Web Server 2008
Windows HPC Server 2008 R2 and Windows Web Server 2008 R2
Windows Server 2012 Standard

I signed up but it would not let me get Visio!

phogstenjr said:   I signed up but it would not let me get Visio!

That's because Visio is not included...

If you have Dreamspark I was able to get it from there.

FYI the preview version of Visio 2013 is available but I have not idea how complete or usable it is.

Edit: The VS in the title stands for Visual Studio, not Visio.

Is the free Azure service offered on a perpetual basis...or is it for a limited time only (like Amazon's free EC2 tier, which is offered for 1 year)?

It makes sense that they'd decide to offer this for free, especially since there are fewer new startups/developers that use MS technologies these days. (And MS seems willing to take huge losses to gain ground in new markets...look at the losses they incurred on Bing and Xbox, for instance.)

I signed up. I was hoping to get a microsoft virtual server for free or low cost. However, all the offerings are $50 plus. Anyone know how to get the virtual server part free?

I signed up for Dreamspark yesterday, apparently I have to wait to get approved before getting access to software?

sunrise said:   How is it different from bizspark ? In Bizspark I get free windows 7, 8, 9 ....

Thanks for the info, I have a small business, so I just sign up, crossing fingers.

Thanks, OP! I have no idea what I am going to do with all of this, but signed up nevertheless. Now I have 3 years to figure it out

where do i go to download the software?

If you are login, so link will be this.

Thank you for sharing!

great find, thx op.

and thx Sunrise for pointing out BizSpark, which is an even better fit/program for my firm.

Just FYI about my experience with BizSpark. I was considering starting a side business developing software for Windows Media Center. I signed up for BizSpark to update my development tools, gave them a DBA name for my corporation that I was going to use and... they denied my application. From what I could tell I had a perfectly legitimate use for the program and they didn't explain why my application was denied.

I ended up not pursuing that business, and never registered the DBA. But even though Microsoft denied my application, it apparently didn't stop them from selling my personal information. I still to this day get credit card applications and other junk mail addressed to that DBA that I never used for any other purpose other than registering for BizSpark. Anyways, something to take into consideration...

xfmpcx said:   I signed up. I was hoping to get a microsoft virtual server for free or low cost. However, all the offerings are $50 plus. Anyone know how to get the virtual server part free?

Not free, but join TechNet Pro and you will have access to much of their server class software (standard will not get you access to this). Whats nice is you can combine this with your WebsiteSpark subscription and add much of the developer tools that are only available to the MSDN Subscriptions which cost substantially more.

Curious why are you looking for a bare metal virtualization option? There are plenty of free options (such as VirtualBox and VM Player) that work quite well when run on top of a host OS.

Thanks OP. I have never actually tried Azure services before. I gave it a try for about 30 minutes and gave up, too clogged and confusing. :/

Yankees said:   great find, thx op.

and thx Sunrise for pointing out BizSpark, which is an even better fit/program for my firm.

was accepted into the BizSpark program. office 2013 looks to be much improved over 2010 so far. weird that they chose to get rid of the start-button in desktop mode for win8.

Yankees said:   Yankees said:   great find, thx op.

was accepted into the BizSpark program. office 2013 looks to be much improved over 2010 so far. weird that they chose to get rid of the start-button in desktop mode for win8.

If you have an extra key just let me know.

Yankees said:   Yankees said:   great find, thx op.

Share the parameters/ details of what you submitted?

woolooloo said:   Just FYI about my experience with BizSpark. I was considering starting a side business developing software for Windows Media Center. I signed up for BizSpark to update my development tools, gave them a DBA name for my corporation that I was going to use and... they denied my application. From what I could tell I had a perfectly legitimate use for the program and they didn't explain why my application was denied.

I ended up not pursuing that business, and never registered the DBA. But even though Microsoft denied my application, it apparently didn't stop them from selling my personal information. I still to this day get credit card applications and other junk mail addressed to that DBA that I never used for any other purpose other than registering for BizSpark. Anyways, something to take into consideration...

I wouldn't necessarily correlate this to MS. There are plenty of services that troll the State's database of businesses (especially new ones) to send marketing materials to. Kind of like buying a car or getting a mortgage....you always get junk mail shortly thereafter.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014