• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Amazon
Get Up to 5.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Renewed my prime on 10/18 and never received $20 credit. Sent email to Amazon today, will see.

DirtCheap (Nov. 12, 2012 @ 4:15a) |

Most likely the last 4 of your credit card#

dafish (Nov. 12, 2012 @ 5:21a) |

it is a targeted offer, my CC statement showed $20 credit exactly a week after the prime is charged. I got emails about ... (more)

SteelRing (Nov. 12, 2012 @ 7:57a) |

  • Also categorized in:

johnny98 said:   $20 rebate on Amazon Prime (for Amazon credit card holders)


Title needs to be fixed..since there is no rebate involved. So basically $60 for Prime Membership for Amazon card holders.

Guess it's an "ok" deal if you're not a student, mom or caregiver..

"This promotional offer is non-transferable and applies only to the account ending in the last 4 digits referenced in this offer."

I guess only new memberships, not renewals.

I guess the discounting is needed to adjust for the "Add-on" item trick they are trying to pull on their members.

My 1 month free trial just ended, and the $79 charge posted to my Amazon rewards CC on 10-16. I hope I qualify for the $20 credit.

the real sh1tty thing is that I actually just signed up again for prime on Oct 12th!.... of all dates i decided to pull it, and ordered something with it. so I just cancelled the prime but since i've used it a couple of times they took out a few bucks off it. i'm going to wait a few days and resign up with this offer.

dave4ster said:   My 1 month free trial just ended, and the $79 charge posted to my Amazon rewards CC on 10-16. I hope I qualify for the $20 credit.i think you have to go thru the link they sent you in the email. it's specifically tied to your CC # i think.

"Unfortunately you are not eligible for this offer.
To qualify for this offer you had to purchase Amazon Prime with your Amazon.com Rewards Visa Card from 10/15/12 to 11/15/12."

So do people really have the Amazon Credit Card but no Prime? I mean, the target market must be pretty small, no?

I've been Prime and had AMZN's CC for like 7 years. Not eligible.

coolbreeze said:   So do people really have the Amazon Credit Card but no Prime? I mean, the target market must be pretty small, no?

I've been Prime and had AMZN's CC for like 7 years. Not eligible.


^ This

Also, thread title not remotely accurate.

I have the Amazon Visa and have never ever had Prime mentioned by Visa or Amazon. But I never order if there is a shipping charge.

tracfancier said:   I have the Amazon Visa and have never ever had Prime mentioned by Visa or Amazon. But I never order if there is a shipping charge.
I'm genuinely curious...how did you get convinced to sign-up for an Amaz0n credit card and not know about Prime? And why?

Serious questions.

Anyone know if this works for renewing my Prime Student? I click the link to signup and it shows the renew at $39 a year. I am considering it if I can do this, making it $19 a year

long time!

coolbreeze said:   tracfancier said:   I have the Amazon Visa and have never ever had Prime mentioned by Visa or Amazon. But I never order if there is a shipping charge.
I'm genuinely curious...how did you get convinced to sign-up for an Amaz0n credit card and not know about Prime? And why?

Serious questions.

Serious answer: $50 promotion credit for getting Amazon Visa (currently $30), plus other Amazon rewards perks, none of which directly involves Amazon Prime. You can still know about Prime, but defer buying until some price promotion comes along...maybe this one?

it's a targeted promotion, it's possible to have the Ama70n visa and not have prime, it's also possible you've had ama70n visa but not getting the offer.

I've had the AZ credit card for a while with no Prime. I've done the trial twice, but I just can't justify the cost personally. FSSS works well enough for me... the cheapskate within approves.

What's the meaning of the sentence "Amazon Prime members enjoy".

pirysie said:   What's the meaning of the sentence "Amazon Prime members enjoy".
It's actually "Amazon Prime members enjoy:" - the colon is the important part, as members enjoy the three following things: Instant streaming, Kindle perks and "Free" two-day shipping.

I think I see what you misunderstood, if that was the whole sentence it would be like "Amazon members enjoy... the service you probably paid full price for. <Knife in the ribs.> Haha!" Amazon's cool though, they're not like that - NPH-style.

"the last 4 digits referenced in this offer". Does anyone know what they are? I can't find them anywhere.

Renewed my prime on 10/18 and never received $20 credit. Sent email to Amazon today, will see.

FatMulanNo1 said:   "the last 4 digits referenced in this offer". Does anyone know what they are? I can't find them anywhere.

Most likely the last 4 of your credit card#

it is a targeted offer, my CC statement showed $20 credit exactly a week after the prime is charged. I got emails about it and about 5 identical postcards in the snailmail to remind me just for good measure.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014