• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Use ShopDiscover for 5% CB at Apple.com, combined with the 5% CB on all internet purchases in the fourth quarter plus the extra 2% CB on October 26th for 12% CB on the new iPad. I confirmed this stacks by talking to someone at Discover and actually did the same deal earlier this month when they had another 2% off everything day.

Refurb Third Generation iPad - $449 with 12% back = $395
New Third Generation iPad - $499 with 12% back = $439

If your state has a tax holiday running this month you can save even more!

UPDATE: Looks like this deal is up to 13% CB as you can also stack the usual Discover .25%/1% to this deal. Thanks tracfancier!

Member Summary

ipad
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts

dukerau (Oct. 18, 2012 @ 4:59p) |

This is not true in all cases. Discover allow extra warranty for selected members. I got an upgrade email from them abou... (more)

saints (Oct. 18, 2012 @ 5:45p) |

I think you can combine this with the discounted price from Microcenter wherever available.
That makes it an even better ... (more)

ankushsharma (Oct. 18, 2012 @ 7:53p) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Do the discounts apply using the Apple education store? Pretty good deal.

Just remember: no extra year of warranty using Discover cards. Where that is worth an extra 5% discount is up to you.

If you are buying refurb, also make sure that your CC does extend the warranty on refurbs.

So you guys are absolutely sure that the shopdiscover combines with this quarter's 5% online shopping CashBack bonus? This is quite interesting. Although the limit is $1,500.
If this is the case, it won't matter if we buy from Apple. As long as we can do an online transaction and the seller is included in shopdiscover, 10 or 12% CashBack will be honored, right?

I was told these are stackable from two CSR's at Discover - that's all I can say.

zklopman said:   Just remember: no extra year of warranty using Discover cards.

This is not true. Newer discover card has one year extended warranty benefit as well.

nomansland said:   zklopman said:   Just remember: no extra year of warranty using Discover cards.

This is not true. Newer discover card has one year extended warranty benefit as well.

not on refurbs.

elecnight said:   So you guys are absolutely sure that the shopdiscover combines with this quarter's 5% online shopping CashBack bonus? This is quite interesting. Although the limit is $1,500.
If this is the case, it won't matter if we buy from Apple. As long as we can do an online transaction and the seller is included in shopdiscover, 10 or 12% CashBack will be honored, right?

ShopDiscover has a different extra Cash Back level for each partnering store. Apple Store has 5% but GNC has 15% and so on. Store-specific Cash Back is stackable on top of the usual 5% Cash Back on online shopping this quarter, and the 2% extra on October 26, 2012.

Discover CashBack does stack.
No one indicated that the normal 1/4 to 1% is ALSO added on.
TOTAL: 12-1/4 TO 13%.

tracfancier said:   Discover CashBack does stack.

Ha! I didn't know that the 5% was on top of the regular 0.25%/1% Cash Back. That makes Discover just slightly more awesome IMO

apple with CB.. amazing..i have never seen these kinds of deals...

New iPad mini is coming soon. Still keep waiting for it.

This works only for states with no sales tax. With 9% tax, new iPad comes to $478.
I can buy new anyday from J&R for $499 - $25(Cash Back from credit card) = $474.

ionxchanger said:   apple with CB.. amazing..i have never seen these kinds of deals...

Meh this deal is OK at best. Discover CB has always been a YMMV with no appeal if yo uget screwed. Some people get the CB to stack while many others don't. Discover CS sucks so good luck trying to convince them otherwise.
IMO a far better deal is $100 in eBay bucks back on the Ipad 3 16GB purchased through Newegg on eBay today and tomorrow if you got the bonus eBayBucks invite. The net after the eBay bucks is $409 plus for a new vs refurb one. I've never had any problems cashing out eBay bucks buying physical GCs you can use elsewhere) While Apple refurbs are top notch like new most credit cards don't offer their extended warranty coverage on refurbs. Since the eBay deal is new there is no issue getting the extended warranty your CC offers. That extra year warranty is easily worth another $50.

Kujira said:   New iPad mini is coming soon. Still keep waiting for it.
another reason to wait is that ShopDiscover will bump some of the CB rates for the holidays. Now I can't recall if Apple was included last year but potentially the CB rate would double (from 5% to 10%).

The Apple Store's Black Friday sale is always meager, but does anybody remember if the iPad was discounted last year?

I just bought a New iPad from Buy.com for $485. And Buy.com have a 15% reward points program, plus FW cash, Plus credit card point, so, basically, $18% + off

HiLine said:   tracfancier said:   Discover CashBack does stack.

Ha! I didn't know that the 5% was on top of the regular 0.25%/1% Cash Back. That makes Discover just slightly more awesome IMO
You do not get the normal 0.25/1% Cash Back on items in the 5% categories (and it does not count towards the $3k needed to get up to 1%). It's either/or. ShopDiscover is another story, you do get that.

cnIsfg said:   ionxchanger said:   apple with CB.. amazing..i have never seen these kinds of deals...

Meh this deal is OK at best. Discover CB has always been a YMMV with no appeal if yo uget screwed. Some people get the CB to stack while many others don't. Discover CS sucks so good luck trying to convince them otherwise.
IMO a far better deal is $100 in eBay bucks back on the Ipad 3 16GB purchased through Newegg on eBay today and tomorrow if you got the bonus eBayBucks invite. The net after the eBay bucks is $409 plus for a new vs refurb one. I've never had any problems cashing out eBay bucks buying physical GCs you can use elsewhere) While Apple refurbs are top notch like new most credit cards don't offer their extended warranty coverage on refurbs. Since the eBay deal is new there is no issue getting the extended warranty your CC offers. That extra year warranty is easily worth another $50.

Perhaps you can steer us to the Newegg/eBay deal you're referring to.

suezyque said:   cnIsfg said:   ionxchanger said:   apple with CB.. amazing..i have never seen these kinds of deals...

Perhaps you can steer us to the Newegg/eBay deal you're referring to.

It's targeted:

targeted email said:

Who's eligible?
Only invited, registered eBay Bucks participants who receive the promotional offer from eBay in My Messages and pay for the item with PayPal are eligible. Sorry, no forwarding––the offer is not transferable.

The Promotion starts at 12:01 AM PT on October 18, 2012, and ends at 11:59 PM PT on October 19, 2012. 20% in eBay Bucks (2% base plus 18% bonus) will be earned for any item purchased in MacMall, Newegg, beachcamera, Guess Outlet, Last Call by Neiman Marcus, Under Armour, Callaway, Eastern Mountain Sports, Discount Tire Direct, Summit Racing Equipment, Toys R Us, and Babies R Us stores on eBay.

Rewards are capped at $100 per transaction and $500 per Earn Period. Other restrictions apply. See Terms & Conditions for details.

This is not true in all cases. Discover allow extra warranty for selected members. I got an upgrade email from them about 6 mos back. Not sure what factors they user though.

zklopman said:   Just remember: no extra year of warranty using Discover cards. Where that is worth an extra 5% discount is up to you.

If you are buying refurb, also make sure that your CC does extend the warranty on refurbs.

I think you can combine this with the discounted price from Microcenter wherever available.
That makes it an even better deal.
http://www.microcenter.com/site/brands/apple-ipads.aspx

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014