• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Save $400 Instantly: Purchase this product from Amazon.com and save $400 instantly. Original price of $2,999 - $400 instant savings = price of $2,599. Current Amazon.com price includes manufacturer's instant savings; no additional discount will be applied. Offer valid through October 27, 2012.

Details:

21.1-megapixel full-frame CMOS sensor, 14-bit A/D conversion, wide range ISO setting 100-6400
Body only; lenses sold separately
DIGIC 4 Image Processor; high-performance 3.9 fps continuous shooting; Live View Function for stills
Full HD video capture at 1920x1080 resolution for up to 4GB per clip ; HDMI output
Updated EOS Integrated Cleaning System specifically designed to work with a full-frame sensor

Amazon

Amazon
Get Up to 6.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

Canon EOS 5D Mark II
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Price is $1799 - 2% in rewards = $1763.

OP mentioned in his title but not in the post.

tax kills the deal

verklempt said:   Price is $1799 - 2% in rewards = $1763.

OP mentioned in his title but not in the post.

I got my 5D Mark II a few months ago via the Canon Loyalty Program. It was a refurbished camera (90 day warranty), but it seemed new. It had only about 700 frames on it when I checked the frame count. It's worked flawlessly - I have shot over 10,000 frames already.

The current refurb price is $1759.20 from Canon; the Loyalty Program shaves 20% off of that. In my case, I had an old Canon P&S camera I was prepared to trade in to get the discount, but Canon never asked for it (sometimes they don't, but be prepared to).

Call 866-443-8002 to inquire about the program.

That said, I'm not sure I'd pay a lot for a Mark II anymore, since the Mark III has come out plus Canon has announced the 6D and a mirror-free camera. The Mark II might be obsolete sooner than we know. It was worth it for me since my original 5D was having issues.

OMFG, $1700 for a camera?

You guys are rich, rich, rich!!!!

ken94538 said:   OMFG, $1700 for a camera?

And it DOESN'T EVEN HAVE A BUILT-IN FLASH!!!

ahallfatwallett said:   I got my 5D Mark II a few months ago via the Canon Loyalty Program. It was a refurbished camera (90 day warranty), but it seemed new. It had only about 700 frames on it when I checked the frame count. It's worked flawlessly - I have shot over 10,000 frames already.

The current refurb price is $1759.20 from Canon; the Loyalty Program shaves 20% off of that. In my case, I had an old Canon P&S camera I was prepared to trade in to get the discount, but Canon never asked for it (sometimes they don't, but be prepared to).

That said, I'm not sure I'd pay a lot for a Mark II anymore, since the Mark III has come out plus Canon has announced the 6D and a mirror-free camera. The Mark II might be obsolete sooner than we know. It was worth it for me since my original 5D was having issues.

the Loyalty Program shaves 20% off of that Now it is 10% for the MKII.

What wrong with all these people, 2000 for a camera? We have 7.8% unemployment rate

milkandcookies said:   ahallfatwallett said:   I got my 5D Mark II a few months ago via the Canon Loyalty Program. It was a refurbished camera (90 day warranty), but it seemed new. It had only about 700 frames on it when I checked the frame count. It's worked flawlessly - I have shot over 10,000 frames already.

Shek said:   What wrong with all these people, 2000 for a camera? We have 7.8% unemployment rate

milkandcookies said:   ahallfatwallett said:   I got my 5D Mark II a few months ago via the Canon Loyalty Program. It was a refurbished camera (90 day warranty), but it seemed new. It had only about 700 frames on it when I checked the frame count. It's worked flawlessly - I have shot over 10,000 frames already.

Yeah, a car can cost $40,000.

Trump's Chicago condo is $30,000,000.

We protect the middle east nations so we can overpay for their oil.

We give millions to corrupt african nations so they can stiff the hungry and put the funds in switzerland.

Yeah, 2,000 for a camera is crazy.

milkandcookies said:    Yeah, 2,000 for a camera is crazy.Not if you knew the people in my photo club!

My camera was only $500, but their cameras give me an envy! Several have the Mk III or better.

The 5D Mark II really does have great features that distinguish it from a $500 camera. The big thing is having a full frame sensor. A picture shot with an 18mm lens but cropped to 28mm because your camera has a 1.6X crop factor is optically different from a picture shot at 28mm full frame. The quality of pictures from its sensor is also much better when enlarged or used in a professional application. I sell some of my pictures. While you can certainly sell pictures shot with a $500 camera, on average I get better pictures with the 5D Mark II than with a crop camera.

Try $2899... I just got a 5D M III last week.

ken94538 said:   OMFG, $1700 for a camera?

Who needs a FLASH Did you see the ISO settings on the latest 5DM3?

ahallfatwallett said:   ken94538 said:   OMFG, $1700 for a camera?

And it DOESN'T EVEN HAVE A BUILT-IN FLASH!!!

EthanWeisinger said:   Try $2899... I just got a 5D M III last week.

Where'd you find it at that price? I can't find any reliable sellers at under $3k, and I want one to replace my Mk II.

One percent, represent!

Keep an eye on eBay for beachcamera and Adorama and they have sales every week or so. Here is the link to when I got mine

Canon 5D Mark III hoopics said:   EthanWeisinger said:   Try $2899... I just got a 5D M III last week.

Where'd you find it at that price? I can't find any reliable sellers at under $3k, and I want one to replace my Mk II.

One percent, represent!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014