• Go to page :
  • 1234 5
  • Text Only
I don't see anyone mention this but the way to go really is to buy a used android tmobile compatible phone and run a hotspot from that. Sign up the WalMart $30 tmobile plan which gives you 5GB of HSPA+ (fast)data and after that slows but still unlimited. In addition to this, you can use 100 min time as well as unlimited text. Instead of a pure hotspot, you have a spare phone as well. Price is $30 vs $45 and you get an additional 1GB and unlimited slower speed.

Granted its not as thin as the hotspot unit but depending on phone model, can be close. Just a thought.

I filed with the AG office in Hawaii this AM. Was told that they will try their best, but the AG office in California doesn't care much about this kind of action. They'll look into it. Best idea is to put the facts on the internet as a blog, warning other people not to help Wal-Mart make more money off trusting people. I'm told that TruConnect can not change the prices without Wal-Marts permission. They do have a contract that says so! According to Wal-Mart home office. Got a call from Tru-Connect while writing this. They say that they told WM back in April, and they can do what they want, with or without WM's permission.

> Bought one the other day and I'm a little puzzled.
>
> Turned it on and was able to connect to the internet without registering my device or adding funds.
>
> thought maybe my computer was somehow connected to my office network even though it should the device as the connection, so I tried it at home with a different laptop and had the same experience.
>
> What am I missing here? do they come preloaded with some data usage before registration? am I somehow piggybacking off my other wireless networks even though I disconnected from them and connected to this one? anyone else have this experience??
>
> As a side point, the connection speeds seemed ok although at my office it was going a little slow.
>

Perhaps the device you have was previously registered to another account and then returned.

When I bought mine it was already registered to another account. Took them two days to correct it.

When I first tried mine, I was very happy to find that it was like DSL. Then it started slowing down, and at the end of the second month I was at Dial-up speed. Good Luck. I just got a call from the "New Owner" of TruConnect telling me that he has spent $45,000.00 trying to get Wal-Mart to take down the signs offering 8gb for $45.00 but they will not do it; HE SAYS. He also blames Sprint for the control of the speed. They say that he's full of it. It's controlled by TruConnect's servers, and their programs are written to reduce the speed when you download more than 10 mbs from one site. I hope that they all go to the "HOTSPOT", I just got a great offer from AT&T, and 14 days to try it out. If it does not work any better than the others, I can walk for free!

mine works great but only got 3gb for 45$ i watch my timer on what i've used it counted out up too 1,000 mb in turned to 1gb then the second one counted to only 100mb in turned over to 2gb i'm highly pissed so i got f***** out of 900 mb if they dont credit me i'll never reload it again just to be screwed over i exspect to recieve what i payed for

i'll sell mine right now anybody want it has time on it as well

Be careful, you'll get a threatening phone call from them! They don't like anyone bad talking them.

how much lol

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014