• Go to page :
  • 1 2 345
  • Text Only
TheBigCheese said:   DaveFarmington said:   Any way to use it on cruise ships or in Mexico or Europe? The current ATT and Verizon international plans are killers.

You can not because there is no roaming and even if there was, you would pay $3/minute for cell service. Better pay 55 cents/minute for the cruise ship WIFI.

I have never taken a cruise but planning one soon. I always thought WiFi is free on a ship. I guess not.

i have samsung inhibit with pay as u go plan from tmobile. no data plan. will it work with it? i am in buffalo, NY

WiFi is free on ultra luxury ships and on river barges but 55 cents/minute when you buy a 60 minute plan on most other ships.

Better than the mobile wifi service I don't have at the moment. My phone company would start me at $30 a month for a miniscule amount of data, so this looks like a great option for occasional use. Thanks!

turn ur mobile 4g hot spot on.../root problem solved. save money... wack plan

I think its a Good deal for those travelling frequentlly.

I might score one of these for my laptop on the go.
I only need it for e-mail and light surfing. Not a
bad deal, checking e-mail 1-2 times a week will probably take ages to burn through 4GB

verklempt said:   Any idea how close to the hot spot you have to be?

Another guy in my office wants to split this with me. He sits about 25' away through 2 sheetrock walls.

At home, I can get service up to 50 ft. through 1 sheet rock wall. Not sure about an office environment (Electromagnetic interference).

yesidonoitall said:   PhDeez said:   yesidonoitall said:   
RE:
$45 for 4GB of data which does not expire.

I see now.
But how will I know how long that may last.

Can't say for certain as I've never heard of "internet-go.com", but, I'd imagine if it stopped working all of a sudden you could return it to WalMart saying they were an exclusive provider and the provider flopped to maybe get a partial credit. Honestly, I'd think since it's backed on Sprint's network, you'd really need Sprint to go under for it to be completely worthless, but I'm not that knowledgeable on MVNO stability.

I do find it interesting though they use Sprint's network when clearly WalMart is in cahoots with Tmobile (with WalMart reselling Tmo service)...

I meant how long will it work for the $45.00.
How many gb can you use is an hour.
You really should change your name.

<ignore - sorry>

Danzilla said:   yesidonoitall said:   PhDeez said:   yesidonoitall said:   
RE:

I see now.

Can't say for certain as I've never heard of "internet-go.com", but, I'd imagine if it stopped working all of a sudden you could return it to WalMart saying they were an exclusive provider and the provider flopped to maybe get a partial credit. Honestly, I'd think since it's backed on Sprint's network, you'd really need Sprint to go under for it to be completely worthless, but I'm not that knowledgeable on MVNO stability.

I do find it interesting though they use Sprint's network when clearly WalMart is in cahoots with Tmobile (with WalMart reselling Tmo service)...

Actually is says

yesido"no"itall

not know

guardianx said:   turn ur mobile 4g hot spot on.../root problem solved. save money... wack plan

Does anyone know what this person is trying to day?

This is not 4G so wtf.

I bought a VM mifi over a year ago using it with the WalMart plan. It's the same hardware wish it would have worked on this.

Now I am not sure if I want to invest in another mifi again. decision, decision.

Still available. In for 1. Only $2.97 shipping, cheaper than driving to WalMart to pick up.

Don't forget Discover 5% CB.

TheBigCheese said:   DaveFarmington said:   Any way to use it on cruise ships or in Mexico or Europe? The current ATT and Verizon international plans are killers.

You can not because there is no roaming and even if there was, you would pay $3/minute for cell service. Better pay 55 cents/minute for the cruise ship WIFI.

In St. Thomas (and possibly the other US Virgin Islands / Puerto Rico), it's local for AT&T and Virgin Mobile. The last two times I went through there, I was able to tether my laptop through my phone and make calls as well. It's not on the National plan for Verizon. Always, check your coverage in case they make changes.

Both on internet on the go web site and in some WalMart reviews mentioned something about $25 bonus promotion. Does it come with the bonus, or it's a thing of the past?

can't find where to get the 4gb for $45 unlimited. WalMart is still showing only old amount of 1gb for $45. any idea?

bj501 said:   can't find where to get the 4gb for $45 unlimited. WalMart is still showing only old amount of 1gb for $45. any idea?The OP said $45 Refill card which used to provide 1gb over twelve months has now been increased to 4gb (still showing old top ups on WalMart) I am waiting for some confirmation of this before jumping on it.

Visited a WalMart today and they did not have any of these devices in store.
Has anyone seen it in an actual store?

I too bought a Virgin Mobile Mifi for $149 a couple of years ago. The device is not bad, but Virgin Mobile sucked. And it was them specifically; the Sprint network is problematic but Virgin Mobile was doubly worse. I hope that this MVNO at least doesn't share those issues.

Once the 4gb forever plan has been confirmed I might jump on this deal again though.

I found them in my WalMart. But I order it online site to store with my discover card for the 5% CB.

bj501 said:   can't find where to get the 4gb for $45 unlimited. WalMart is still showing only old amount of 1gb for $45. any idea?

I had the same concern even after placing my order 4 days ago.
Then I searched the "Internet on the Go" website, and found the same info here.
After reading that, I slept in peace.
BTW, I received the $45 code/pin via e-mail about 10 hours after placing my order.
I also received notice from WalMart that my order had already shipped (I did "ship to store").

I refuse to pay a monthly fee for services I use on limited basis (you name it, mobile phone, cable, landline... and now personal hotspot). I guess I'm still stuck with paying for internet service at home, which gets used every day. At least I have the dsl and cable companies competing for my business every 12-18 months.

I bought from WalMart today and registered my account right away. After I registered and paid for the first refill, I automatically got $25 (3GB) for one month as bonus. However, you will need to use your 1st refill then the bouns will fill in.

swimyoujen said:   I bought from WalMart today and registered my account right away. After I registered and paid for the first refill, I automatically got $25 (3GB) for one month as bonus. However, you will need to use your 1st refill then the bouns will fill in.

When you registered, Did you have to choose between "use whenever" and the "30 day plan" ?
I believe this applies only for the "30 day plan".

Also, did you give your credit card info, or did you use a refill card?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm trying to figure out if I should go for the "30 day plan" for the first month of use, just to get the free $25 (3 GB) bonus. Then switch to the "use whenever" plan, since this plan is what really brought me to this company in the first place.

I picked "whenever" and still got the free card. The notice said that the 3 GB starts when the first refill runs out. The 3G, I think, automatically goes to 30 days. If not, changing the setting probably allows access to the bonus. It is already on my list, just as though I had purchased it, but it is actually a bonus.

Nice,Great price. I will got one.

Perfect!!! Thank you!!!

Purchased one at Kearney, NJ WalMart. Asked the guy working and he found it for me. Thought i was crazy when the box said "$45 for 1000mb". Told me to look at another device. Tag on shelf also said $99.99 for the device. Rang up at $80.

Thanks OP for posting this. I found them at the Elverson, PA store. I have a vacation home that I frequent six or so times a year in the Sprint coverage area so this works out perfect for me. It took about five minutes to install and register the unit. Not as fast as my cable modem and router, but certainly fast enough for checking emails. This will work great where I don't have other internet options.

yesidonoitall said:   Danzilla said:   yesidonoitall said:   PhDeez said:   yesidonoitall said:   
RE:

I see now.

Actually is says

yesido"no"itall

not know

Well, it should be yesido?itall

Few years back, I had 5GB capped towered wireless internet. I was on the internet 4+ hours a night, and more on weekends. Granted mostly surfing, research etc., but an occasional youtube and I never went over my limit.
I just don't know if I can tolerate Sprint 3G..

Mine finally showed up...I've got surprisingly good throughput, and it will make a great backup when travelling or just getting off to areas that don't have wifi. Thanks again OP for pointing this out.

Also, as suggested here, I got the $10 plan to try it out and was automatically given the 3GB addon for after it expires.

Well, I registered mine yesterday and tried it for about 15 minutes of lite web surfing (things like visiting the fatwallet site ), I consumed around 10MB. This suits me perfectly when I cannot find free wifi.

I did copy the screen messages as I was registering the product.
Here they are:

===
If this is the first time you register this Internet on the Go device, you will receive a free $25 3GB Go Bigger plan with your first refill. This 30-day plan will be automatically be added to your account once you complete the refill on this page. You will first use the refill you added on this page. After this refill has been used the free $25 3GB plan will start.

Oct 25, 2012
1st refill for $10
1024 Megabytes were added to xxxx xxxx. It may take up to 15 minutes for your service to be restored if it was previously suspended.
Free $25 3GB Go Bigger plan added.

Congratulations!Your account has been set up and your Internet on the Go Mobile Hotspot has been activated. You can now surf the internet.

Important Message
Internet on the Go is ideal for casual or occasional usage, but to limit your megabyte usage, some activities are better done on a home or office internet connection. These activities include watching online video, downloading large files and automatic updates. We do not recommend using Internet on the Go as a permanent replacement for your home internet connection.

You can sign in to manage.internet-go.com to see your usage history. This usage history may be delayed by up to two hours. To view real-time usage information you can download the Internet on the Go mobile hotspot manager from www.internet-go.com/hotspot-manager/ .

Tips & Tricks

What are automatic updates and how to disable them?
Automatic updates are software improvements that are downloaded by your computer to improve its performance, add features and can prevent your computer from being infected by viruses or malware. Updates can be downloaded by your operating system (such as Windows or Mac OS) or by specific software packages.

For these updates your computer may download large files in the background. When you are connected to a mobile internet connection, this could significantly increase your data consumption. Turning off automatic updates while you are connected to your mobile internet connection can prevent this from happening. Remember to turn automatic updates back on, or run updates manually, when you are connected to a home or office WiFi network to keep your system up to date.

How much does a certain activity use ?The numbers below are only intended to give you an idea of how much data you will use. These numbers are estimated averages and can vary strongly depending on your usage pattern and the service that you are using.

General web-browsing and e-mail: 25MB / hour
Listening to streaming audio, VoIP calls: up to 3MB / minute
Watching streaming video: between 300MB and 1GB per hour
High-speed large downloads: up to 20MB per minute

Many streaming audio and video services dynamically change the quality of the content (and thus the size / megabytes used). Therefore it is difficult to tell how much a specific service will use. To monitor your real-time usage you can download the Manage My MiFi app.

Turn automatic updating on or off
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/Turn-automatic-...

To have Windows install important updates as they become available, turn on automatic updating. Important updates provide significant benefits, such as improved security and reliability. You can also set Windows to automatically install recommended updates, which can address non-critical problems and help enhance your computing experience. Optional updates are not downloaded or installed automatically. To learn more about the types of updates that Microsoft publishes, see this Knowledge Base article on the Microsoft Help and Support website.

Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking All Programs, and then clicking Windows Update.

In the left pane, click Change settings.

Choose the option that you want.

Under Recommended updates, select the Include recommended updates when downloading, installing, or notifying me about updates check box, and then click OK. Administrator permission required If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
===

PhDeez said:   
Also note: this is *NOT* 4G (wimax/clearwire), this runs on Sprint's 3G network, so you have better coverage, but speeds will be slower. I'm surprised anyone can get 800K on these things, my 3G Sprint service crawls at <100K...

Is that speed usable for using Google Map, checking Gmail and surfing FW?

LongDongSilver said:   PhDeez said:   
Also note: this is *NOT* 4G (wimax/clearwire), this runs on Sprint's 3G network, so you have better coverage, but speeds will be slower. I'm surprised anyone can get 800K on these things, my 3G Sprint service crawls at <100K...

One at a time, sure. But, I just switched to Tmo and my speeds have gone from 100Kb/s (or 4Mb/s in the limited WiMax areas) to 20Mb/s on their "4G"... I was able to stream a football game, in the car, on the interstate the other night (wife was driving)- something I could never do on Sprint.

PhDeez said:   LongDongSilver said:   PhDeez said:   

One at a time, sure. But, I just switched to Tmo and my speeds have gone from 100Kb/s (or 4Mb/s in the limited WiMax areas) to 20Mb/s on their "4G"... I was able to stream a football game, in the car, on the interstate the other night (wife was driving)- something I could never do on Sprint.

Checked tmo and am in a "2 g" area, so will have to pass on them.

Is the 3G connection to the Sprint network near instantaneous after you hit the power button? Does it require login each and every time before it'll let you do anything? What wireless security does it have so other people can't get a free ride out of your hotspot? The device doesn't have any indicator. How can you tell the signal strength, battery life, etc?

LongDongSilver said:   Is the 3G connection to the Sprint network near instantaneous after you hit the power button?
I think it is pretty quick.

Does it require login each and every time before it'll let you do anything?
No. First time u enter, it remembers the pwd. [I used with my smartphone]

What wireless security does it have so other people can't get a free ride out of your hotspot?
WPA

The device doesn't have any indicator. How can you tell the signal strength, battery life, etc?

it has 2 LED indicators. The one on the top tells about the power. The one on the side tells about the network status. u can not see network bars though.

So I'm not seeing a specific answer to what I'm wondering, so here goes:

They give you a free 3 GB upgrade once your first data plan runs out, does that mean that if I get the $10 500mb go big plan, that effectively turns into a 4 GB plan that is valid from today until 30 days after I use the first gig? Seems like that would be how it works, but i just want to make sure I don't get on that 30 day timer until I start using it heavily. So if I buy today and only use 300 MB in 3 months, then in the next month go on a road trip and use it a ton, THAT is when I use that 3 GB extra, right? Thanks for any help -

WM now has the
StraightTalk Home $15.00 unlimited

It has an antenna, I guess it is really using cell towers, your home phone of any king plugs into the unit.
The unit right now is $99.00

You buy the month online, no con tract

TextTextcameronj said:   So I'm not seeing a specific answer to what I'm wondering, so here goes:

They give you a free 3 GB upgrade once your first data plan runs out, does that mean that if I get the $10 500mb go big plan, that effectively turns into a 4 GB plan that is valid from today until 30 days after I use the first gig? Seems like that would be how it works, but i just want to make sure I don't get on that 30 day timer until I start using it heavily. So if I buy today and only use 300 MB in 3 months, then in the next month go on a road trip and use it a ton, THAT is when I use that 3 GB extra, right? Thanks for any help -

Sorry no informed answer ... but have similar question ...
After data quantity has been exhausted and user needs to buy refill, can user switch / flip flop between ....
Choice of plans
Go Big Plan, Never Expires 4 GB
Go Bigger 30-day Expire, 8GB
I would like to refill / choose plan based on my anticipated future usage (work / travel / time of year has high influence of data usage).
Thanks

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014