• Go to page :
  • 1 2345
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Internet On The Go Hotspot from WalMart - 4GB Data $45 - "Go Big - use whenever" Plan - No Expiration
The hotspot has been reduced again from $99.99 to $79.99, it went on sale for $119.99 around June of this year

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Internet-on-the-Go-Mobile-Hotspot/2066...
http://www.internet-go.com/
$45 Refill card which used to provide 1gb over twelve months has now been increased to 4gb (still showing old top ups on WalMart)

"Thank you for being a loyal Internet on the Go customer. We are pleased to announce that effective today, Internet on the Go will be improved with new plans and more megabytes. The current "no expiration" plan will continue to be offered as the "Go Big - Use Whenever" plan, but with more megabytes for each of the refill options. We are also introducing a completely new "Go Bigger - 30-Day" plan that gives you even more megabytes for use within a 30-day period.
The next time you refill your account, you will be able to choose one of the following plans:
• Go Big - Use Whenever plan
o $10 / 500MB
o $25 / 1.5GB
o $45 / 4GB
• Go Bigger - 30-Day plan
o $10 / 1GB
o $25 / 3GB
o $45 / 8GB "

How does the "Go Big - use whenever" plan work?
Posted by Peter Maas on 10 October 2012 12:44 PM
The "Go Big - use whenever" plan gives you megabytes that you can use whenever you want. If you don't use your megabytes, they will stay in your account as long as your account has not been cancelled or deactivated. You will only need to refill after your megabytes have been used up.

THE ZIP CODE CHECKER ON THE WalMart SITE DOES NOT WORK - The correct Coverage map from INTERNET ON THE GO can be seen HERE, they use the Sprint network http://www.internet-go.com/coverage/

Easily connect your laptop or tablet with the TruConnect Internet on the Go Mobile Hotspot. With the footprint of a credit card and only one third of an inch thick, the Mobile Hotspot allows you to connect up to five WiFi-enabled devices. With the Internet on the Go plan, you only pay for megabytes and your balance never expires as long as you use it at least once a year. There are no other charges, like monthly bundles or activation fees, and the nationwide network will allow you to connect virtually anywhere you go!

TruConnect Internet on the Go Mobile Hotspot:•Quick and easy setup
•Connect up to 5 WiFi-enabled devices
•Removable lithium-ion battery
•Up to 4 hours of usage/40 hours standby battery life
•Great value pre-paid plan
•No monthly charges
•Balance never expires (when used at least once a year)
•Internet on the Go wireless network services are provided on the Nationwide Sprint Network
•Zero monthly fees
•Balance never expires (if used once a year)
•Never lose your megabytes at the end of a month
•For use with Internet on the Go mobile hotspots and service
•Only at WalMart

Walmart
See Walmart coupons that earn 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Internet On The Go Hotspot
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
i'll sell mine right now anybody want it has time on it as well

jdavisjd (Aug. 10, 2013 @ 2:12p) |

Be careful, you'll get a threatening phone call from them! They don't like anyone bad talking them.

farrellalt (Aug. 10, 2013 @ 6:13p) |

how much lol

seanconyers6 (Aug. 25, 2013 @ 6:36p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Anyone know if able to read aaa and ha passwords from this device?

Anyone heard of FreedomPop? http://www.freedompop.com/ - No monthly fee! (atleast for the first 500mb)

Check the freedompop discussion at http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1223073/

this is better than freedompop if you regularly use more than 500mb since your balance never expires. freedompop balance expires in 60 days.

For those who are interested...this device does not have roaming. Nevertheless, it's a great deal for a prepaid hot spot plan.

Nice price drop, got mine!

Hmm... it uses Sprint NEtwork. I had Virgin Mobile hotspot before and Sprint MObile Broadband coverage sucks.. not only that, when I do get connection, the speed is less than 800Kbps. I'll keep my Clear for the time being, it's still $25 / month unlimited (used about 10 Gb / month).

I thought Sprint uses clear's network for their wimax products...

Thanks for taking time to share this deal which works well for me.

tedteddy said:   Internet On The Go Hotspot from WalMart - 4GB Data $45 - "Go Big - use whenever" Plan - No Expiration
The hotspot has been reduced again from $99.99 to $79.99, it went on sale for $119.99 around June of this year

$45 Refill card which used to provide 1gb over twelve months has now been increased to 4gb (still showing old top ups on WalMart)

"Thank you for being a loyal Internet on the Go customer. We are pleased to announce that effective today, Internet on the Go will be improved with new plans and more megabytes. The current "no expiration" plan will continue to be offered as the "Go Big - Use Whenever" plan, but with more megabytes for each of the refill options. We are also introducing a completely new "Go Bigger - 30-Day" plan that gives you even more megabytes for use within a 30-day period.
The next time you refill your account, you will be able to choose one of the following plans:
o $10 / 500MB
o $25 / 1.5GB
o $45 / 4GB
o $10 / 1GB
o $25 / 3GB
o $45 / 8GB "

How does the "Go Big - use whenever" plan work?
Posted by Peter Maas on 10 October 2012 12:44 PM
The "Go Big - use whenever" plan gives you megabytes that you can use whenever you want. If you don't use your megabytes, they will stay in your account as long as your account has not been cancelled or deactivated. You will only need to refill after your megabytes have been used up.

THE ZIP CODE CHECKER ON THE WalMart SITE DOES NOT WORK - The correct Coverage map from INTERNET ON THE GO can be seen HERE, they use the Sprint network http://www.internet-go.com/coverage/

Easily connect your laptop or tablet with the TruConnect Internet on the Go Mobile Hotspot. With the footprint of a credit card and only one third of an inch thick, the Mobile Hotspot allows you to connect up to five WiFi-enabled devices. With the Internet on the Go plan, you only pay for megabytes and your balance never expires as long as you use it at least once a year. There are no other charges, like monthly bundles or activation fees, and the nationwide network will allow you to connect virtually anywhere you go!

TruConnect Internet on the Go Mobile Hotspot:•Quick and easy setup
•Connect up to 5 WiFi-enabled devices
•Removable lithium-ion battery
•Up to 4 hours of usage/40 hours standby battery life
•Great value pre-paid plan
•No monthly charges
•Balance never expires (when used at least once a year)
•Internet on the Go wireless network services are provided on the Nationwide Sprint Network
•Zero monthly fees
•Balance never expires (if used once a year)
•Never lose your megabytes at the end of a month
•For use with Internet on the Go mobile hotspots and service
•Only at WalMart

OK, it costs $80
what about connection and usage costs?
Did I miss that part?

yesidonoitall said:   tedteddy said:   Internet On The Go Hotspot from WalMart - 4GB Data $45 - "Go Big - use whenever" Plan - No Expiration

o $10 / 500MB
o $25 / 1.5GB
o $45 / 4GB
o $10 / 1GB
o $25 / 3GB
o $45 / 8GB "

OK, it costs $80
Did I miss that part?

Dang bro, did you get past the 2nd sentence?

$80 for the hotspot.
$45 for 4GB of data which does not expire.

Also note: this is *NOT* 4G (wimax/clearwire), this runs on Sprint's 3G network, so you have better coverage, but speeds will be slower. I'm surprised anyone can get 800K on these things, my 3G Sprint service crawls at <100K...

PC novice, can someone please tell me if I could buy this for my niece to use w/ her Kindle Fire? If yes, is the setup intuitive?

TY!

PhDeez said:   yesidonoitall said:   tedteddy said:   Internet On The Go Hotspot from WalMart - 4GB Data $45 - "Go Big - use whenever" Plan - No Expiration

o $10 / 500MB
o $25 / 1.5GB
o $45 / 4GB
o $10 / 1GB
o $25 / 3GB
o $45 / 8GB "

OK, it costs $80
Did I miss that part?

Dang bro, did you get past the 2nd sentence?

$80 for the hotspot.

Also note: this is *NOT* 4G (wimax/clearwire), this runs on Sprint's 3G network, so you have better coverage, but speeds will be slower. I'm surprised anyone can get 800K on these things, my 3G Sprint service crawls at <100K...

RE:

I see now.
But how will I know how long that may last.

yesidonoitall said:   
RE:

I see now.

Can't say for certain as I've never heard of "internet-go.com", but, I'd imagine if it stopped working all of a sudden you could return it to WalMart saying they were an exclusive provider and the provider flopped to maybe get a partial credit. Honestly, I'd think since it's backed on Sprint's network, you'd really need Sprint to go under for it to be completely worthless, but I'm not that knowledgeable on MVNO stability.

I do find it interesting though they use Sprint's network when clearly WalMart is in cahoots with Tmobile (with WalMart reselling Tmo service)...

Any way to use it on cruise ships or in Mexico or Europe? The current ATT and Verizon international plans are killers.

dawizard said:   Anyone heard of FreedomPop? http://www.freedompop.com/ - No monthly fee! (atleast for the first 500mb)

Q]

Freedompop uses Clearwire "4G" Wimax so it is totally different. Beware of Clearwire's coverage maps as they totally lie. My daughter lives in Villanova, PA and Clear's map shows excellent reception even indoors. In reality, there is no coverage even outdoors! You can return the hotspot for a full refund so the only cost is postage and the chance Freedompop goes out of business before you get your refund.

DaveFarmington said:   Any way to use it on cruise ships or in Mexico or Europe? The current ATT and Verizon international plans are killers.

You can not because there is no roaming and even if there was, you would pay $3/minute for cell service. Better pay 55 cents/minute for the cruise ship WIFI.

skinflinto said:   PC novice, can someone please tell me if I could buy this for my niece to use w/ her Kindle Fire? If yes, is the setup intuitive?

TY!

The setup is probably pretty easy. It should work with the Kindle Fire as it provides a standard WiFi signal.

You missed the part that says you get 4G of data for $45 with no expiration date or 8GB for $45 expiring in 30 days.

chuangtzu said:   I thought Sprint uses clear's network for their wimax products...

This is 3G look at the download/upload speeds.

The company behind "Internet On The Go" is TruConnect, they have been around a long time. They sell products under their own brand and several others as well.

I did notice Wally marked the hotspot down to $89.99 (was $119.99) the other day - online now shows $79.88. Still a bit pricey for an old unit (MiFi 2200 is dated) but being able to buy 4.5GB and no expiration for $45 is a pretty decent deal.

The killer may be the Sprint network, depending on your location. Here, Sprint totally blows. Which kills the deal for me. If you have good Sprint coverage it may fit your needs.

I'm not aware of any other prepaid hotspot plan that allows you to roll over indefinitely like this, most have 30 day expiration cycles. That's the real value here. As I understand you only need to use it at least once in a year and the balance will keep rolling over.

Hopefully they'll make a similar product which can use other cellular networks, of course the data allotments would not be as generous and the prices would be higher. But I like the concept.

Is this just a Mifi 2200? I have one coming off contract on Sprint right now. Any way I can activate it with this company and use this plan, or do I have to buy their device?

Summary: if you have service in your area and you are not expecting a fast response, then I do recommend this service.

I have used this for about 3 weeks and would like to relate my experience for those who are considering this.

I cancelled my FIOS Internet service (price went up after 1 year usage) with the idea of going back to FIOS at a reduced rate. Meanwhile, I needed a barebones Internet service (mainly to check Email and scan a few web pages; no Netflix, YouTube etc..).

I did settle on "Internet on the Go Mobile Hotspot" at a WalMart store. Bought the Hotspot unit for $99.99 and a 500MB card for $25.00. Rep was very helpful (in the sense that there was no bullshit; confessed he had no experience with the unit; explained that Hotspot unit could be returned for full refund within two weeks and understandably no refund on the 500MB card).

The service was a bit slow, but enough for my purposes. I used it for two weeks and exhausted the 500MB and returned the unit for a full refund of $99.99 (in NH, so no sales tax). Even though I was very satisfied with the service, I felt $25 for 500MB was too much. Subsequently, I received an Email indicating that they had reduced the charges and also had added a lower tier monthly charge option.

So, I went back and bought it again for $99.99 and a $10 for 1GB 30day card. Have used it for a week and happy with the service (as mentioned before, a tad slow). When I registered the unit, this time, it indicated that after exhausting my 1GB, they will be adding FREE, a $25/3GB monthly plan credit. Don't know if this applies to everyone or not.

Since the unit has dropped in price, I will ask WalMart to adjust the price; if not, I will return and re-buy.

I do recommend that you try it out, to see if you can get good service at your location(s); worst case is you will be out of $10 (for the initial usage card). You will have 2 weeks to try it out.

Re: FREEDOMPOP: someone mentioned FREEDOMPOP; my experience with them has been terrible. They make it very difficult to communicate with them and have all kinds of nonsense fees for returning. So, be careful before you take the plunge.

Can you use this on a phone? Is it small enough to fit on the back of one so I can use data on this and cancel my phone data plan?

I contacted them. You cannot BYOD, they will only activate their branded device. So my Sprint Mifi 2200, for instance, is not usable with Internet On The Go.

cpabster said:   Still a bit pricey for an old unit (MiFi 2200 is dated)

Is there anything wrong w/ the the MiFi 2200?

PhDeez said:   yesidonoitall said:   
RE:

I see now.

Can't say for certain as I've never heard of "internet-go.com", but, I'd imagine if it stopped working all of a sudden you could return it to WalMart saying they were an exclusive provider and the provider flopped to maybe get a partial credit. Honestly, I'd think since it's backed on Sprint's network, you'd really need Sprint to go under for it to be completely worthless, but I'm not that knowledgeable on MVNO stability.

I do find it interesting though they use Sprint's network when clearly WalMart is in cahoots with Tmobile (with WalMart reselling Tmo service)...

I meant how long will it work for the $45.00.
How many gb can you use is an hour.

LetsGoMets1 said:   Can you use this on a phone? Is it small enough to fit on the back of one so I can use data on this and cancel my phone data plan?

I would think the Nettalk duo wifi will work with this so a phone, yes.

Any idea how close to the hot spot you have to be?

Another guy in my office wants to split this with me. He sits about 25' away through 2 sheetrock walls.

Please add 3g to topic.

If you are ok with 3g, not a bad deal.

The 4Gb should last pretty damn long if you are facebooking, checking yelp, and surfing the internet.

It's the video streaming like Youtube, Netflix or whatever that'll burn thru it real quick.

Does not seem to work in any of the 6+ zip codes I have entered for San Antonio, Chicago, Bay area or NYC.
Have any zip codes worked on the WalMart website zip code check for service?

rpi1967 said:   Does not seem to work in any of the 6+ zip codes I have entered for San Antonio, Chicago, Bay area or NYC.
Please read the OP.

Approx. how long does the battery life last?
re: using Nettalk DUo (or other) to use for phone calls-
based on quick google query it seems wifi VOIP takes 0.6MB /min, so for 700min/mo calling = 420MB - not bad

could be good for a tablet.

If battery life, and of course cvg map is ok - then this could by a DIY replacement for a phone/data plan (though metrophone has competetive rates without needing to carry around a wifi hotspot)

>>I meant how long will it work for the $45.00.
>>How many gb can you use is an hour.

I used it for 5 days at about 1hr/day and my usage was about 300MB. This was for reading Email, reading various blogs, tech articles, general news etc.. (NO videos, downloading..).

If you really want to squeeze every last drop out of this, you can use Opera TURBO mode or FIREFOX with Image suppression and AD Blocking. If you Google "saving bandwidth", you will see many helpful hints.

BostonFan said:   rpi1967 said:   Does not seem to work in any of the 6+ zip codes I have entered for San Antonio, Chicago, Bay area or NYC.
Please read the OP.

oops

verklempt said:   Any idea how close to the hot spot you have to be?

Another guy in my office wants to split this with me. He sits about 25' away through 2 sheetrock walls.

Just use the office wifi

Great concept, will need to pick one of these up.

Skipping 128 Messages...
how much lol

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.