• Go to page :
  • 12 3 45
  • Text Only
Here are a few questions

1) Can I activate a Sprint 3G mifi under this plan, it looks like the same device.

2) A big hassle I had with my Virgin Mifi, is that almost every time I used it, it would take to me a web page to authenticate and manually enter a user id/ password. Does this also follow the same protocol? Or do you just turn it on and and it projects wifi without additional web-login.

Will this work with a old pc ?

tnscomtw said:   Will this work with a old pc ?

Yes, if it has WiFi.

tnscomtw said:   Will this work with a old pc ?

USB WiFi adapters are around $15.00 online.......

I just got mine today. The speed is very slow (0.4Mb down 0.2Mb up) but the coverage is a lot better than my iSpot, according to the coverage map. Perfect for occasional use when my iSpot has no signal. The password of the device is "admin" (without quotes), by the way. This is not WiFi password. It is device password when you want to login the change the configuration of the device.

asked "Internet on the Go Mobile" if I could use my TruConnect MiFi device and they said no. Same company but doesn't allow changing to their sister service.

No, you must buy the branded "Internet On The Go" hotspot. I believe the hotspot partially subsidizes the lower cost of service and the long expiration. My Wally has a whole shelf of these at $79.99 but I won't go anywhere near them (Sprint stinks here).

Been using this for about 45 days now. Used up the original data plan as well as the 3gb they spotted me. My thoughts:

1- I use this connection in the same location at all times. Usually the data works great. But it will just stop working for extended periods of time.

2- The customer service is TERRIBLE. I literally get the same support person on the phone any time I have to call. She is quite useless. She just goes through the same troubleshooting steps in the manual and then tells you she has to escalate this to someone in IT. They are never available to speak with you and do not call you back within the 24 hours they say they will.

The last time it took me a week to get a call back and I literally laughed at the guy.

I have the 8gb go bigger monthly plan

lame deal.. get 4g phone tethered activate...

Seems like the rule of "Cheap, good, or fast: pick any two" might be in effect here

jplee3 said:   Seems like the rule of "Cheap, good, or fast: pick any two" might be in effect here

Or, pick one.

Internet on the Go by TruConnect
Price..........Monthly (MB)...$/MB......Annually (MB)..$/MB
$10.00........1000...............$0.010....500.................$0.020
$25.00........3000...............$0.008....1500...............$0.017
$45.00........8000...............$0.006....4000...............$0.011

TruConnect

Monthly Access...........$/MB
$4.99...........................$0.039

Therefor for low usage customers the best deal is the $45 Annual for 4GB. When you run out, purchase another. Slightly higher cost per MB than the $10.00 monthly but this caps you at 1MB per month and if you don't use it, you loose it.

I am wondering if Internet on the Go allows stacking a monthly PIN with an Annual PIN. That is, if I know I will be having a peek month, can I add a monthly PIN and not use throughput from the existing Annual PIN?

...just wondering what strategies others are using with this service.

TruConnect allows multiple devices on the same account. I asked Internet on the Go and they do not offer this. Each PIN must be dedicated to a single device.

I signed up my forst PIN as $45 / 4GB Annual. The $25 / 3GB kicks in as soon as I use up the 4GB. Therefore I need to keep track of my 4GB usage (which I expect to last several months based on my usage. Then when the 3GB kicks in, I need to try and use as much of the 3GB as possible for the current month. I hope this info helps others.

epete said:   I signed up my forst PIN as $45 / 4GB Annual. The $25 / 3GB kicks in as soon as I use up the 4GB. Therefore I need to keep track of my 4GB usage (which I expect to last several months based on my usage. Then when the 3GB kicks in, I need to try and use as much of the 3GB as possible for the current month. I hope this info helps others.

Do they tell you an easy way to check on your usage? Have you looked at it to see if its something that is useful?

They show a table as follows. (This is a cut and paste from my account)

Recent Account Activity

Date..............................Type.....Amount.........Balance
01/01/2013 11:03am......Usage...(0.8MB).........4094.4MB
12/27/2012 10:55am......Usage...(0.8MB).........4095.2MB
12/24/2012 7:54pm.......Refill..4096.0MB........4096.0MB

How did you get unlimited like that? I checked on the Virgin Mobile site and it says $55/5Gb

It is not unlimited where did you get that idea?

still cranking along on the Ispot at $25

I bought this last month and it is ok for my usage though ted slow.

I am satisfied with the service and pricing but I may have to return this because if you keep it on for more than 30 minutes it becomes too HOT.

I burned my thighs when it accidentally turned on while in my front pockets.

I am not sure it is this unit only or all units have same problems.

does any one else has this experience that it becomes too hot over extended period? Thanks

It should not get hot

Mine gets hot, too. Since the previous poster said it shouldn't get hot, I'm now wondering if it's the battery, not necessarily the unit. I was thinking of getting a spare battery (~$5 on eBay) on the belief that if it gets this hot then it must drain real fast. I think I will order one now.

adawra said:   I bought this last month and it is ok for my usage though ted slow.

I am satisfied with the service and pricing but I may have to return this because if you keep it on for more than 30 minutes it becomes too HOT.

I burned my thighs when it accidentally turned on while in my front pockets.

I am not sure it is this unit only or all units have same problems.

does any one else has this experience that it becomes too hot over extended period? Thanks

do they have "go small" plan for emergency, occasional use.

I would say the Annual Plan is Go Small. Depending on how much data you use, spend $10, $25 or $45 and it wont expire for a year.

cgott42 said:   Approx. how long does the battery life last?
re: using Nettalk DUo (or other) to use for phone calls-
based on quick google query it seems wifi VOIP takes 0.6MB /min, so for 700min/mo calling = 420MB - not bad

could be good for a tablet.

If battery life, and of course cvg map is ok - then this could by a DIY replacement for a phone/data plan (though metrophone has competetive rates without needing to carry around a wifi hotspot)

I do this now, Galaxy S2 on Tmobile $30/mo for 100min and 5gb of 4g data and the new Verizon MIFI 5gb of 4g LTE on Verizon for $50/mo, so I get 10gb (5 of it on Verizon that I can hot spot or share with up to ten users) for $80/mo, this works out the best for me. The only downside is the 2tr contract for the MIFI with Verizon but it's the only way to get coverage on their network when I need it.

Would this be something you could use while traveling? I read somewhere it said no roaming so does that mean when it gets set up you have to select a location and stick to it?

Yes you could use it while traveling. My wife and I used it while driving from upstate NY to WV (through Pennsylvania and NJ). There's no credit card associated with the device so if it works it works is how I see it. I don't think it's restricted to your locality.

No roaming off the Sprint data network, but the Sprint data network is nationwide. So if there's Sprint data, it will work. I had the Virgin Mobile version of this device... it was OK, did get a little hot. Virgin Mobile data was very, very slow as it was throttled even past Sprint's own relatively low speeds. But still the best deal for a long term expiration plan.

Out of Stock online and in stores. Is it really that popular? Or did they stop selling this?

fxm87 said:   Out of Stock online and in stores. Is it really that popular? Or did they stop selling this?

I picked one for someone else in the middle of January, saw about two to three in display. Week or two later they were gone. I think it may have been withdrawn either to make way for 4G or perhaps just poor sales.

1. If this is running on Sprint, device is likely the same as that used by Virgin Mobile USA last year when they only had 3G hotspots. Basically, think 20-100kbps on average - nothing fancy, but you can do basic web surfing fine.
On the flip side, if you're trying to do Windows Updates, think hours and hours of waiting.

Ok, but even my T-MO phone downloads/tethers faster...

2. Virgin Mobile 4G USB/Hotspots go faster nowadays and have an unlimited $35/month 4G plan.

There were two on the shelf this morning in Manville NJ

fxm87 said:   Out of Stock online and in stores. Is it really that popular? Or did they stop selling this?

The hotspot was in stock online for a time this morning; however, it went out of stock again before I could complete my purchase.

The hotspot is in stock online now.

These have been unavailable for months.

epete said:   TruConnect allows multiple devices on the same account. I asked Internet on the Go and they do not offer this. Each PIN must be dedicated to a single device.

I don't know who is correct. It says here that up to 5 devices may connect simultaneously. I realize that this may be reference to the hardware capabilities. It certainly adds to the uncertainty. That is definitely a deal-killer for me if I can't connect my tablet and laptop.

Got a whole shelf of these at local Wally, someone said they are being discontinued but haven't heard or seen that yet.

jaymez619 said:   epete said:   TruConnect allows multiple devices on the same account. I asked Internet on the Go and they do not offer this. Each PIN must be dedicated to a single device.

I don't know who is correct. It says here that up to 5 devices may connect simultaneously. I realize that this may be reference to the hardware capabilities. It certainly adds to the uncertainty. That is definitely a deal-killer for me if I can't connect my tablet and laptop.

To clarify, TrueConnect allows multiple MiFi hotspots on the same account. If you want to use multiple MiFi Hotspots on Internet On The Go, you will need an account for each. Both services allow multiple devices to connect to the MiFi Hotspot.

On the package it says 1gig you cansend 20,000emails, 10,000 FB posts 30 hours of music or 2 hours of video. This is a great deal foe snailing and web surfing. They say you should not use for music or video as those media's sick up a lot of gigs. I connected to my Olaf and my Kindle tire in just a few minutes. Love the current $45 for 4 gigs that doesn't expire. Also you don't need to buy the card at WalMart because you can choose to use a credit card every time you need to re load. They also give you the option to change to a monthly charge or unexpiring plans. Sincee I will be using this infrequently, the pay as you go is perfe'ct

cpabster said:   Got a whole shelf of these at local Wally, someone said they are being discontinued but haven't heard or seen that yet.
Can't use the product page at wally.com to check inventory anymore, but you can try the "Where to Buy" link on the Internet on the Go site. Was driving through central PA and was directed to Clearfield Wally #2129 (coincidentally, I was staying the night at the H.I. Express next door). Could not find them myself by the cell phone counter, so I asked the associate. They were hanging on a locked wall peg one aisle over. Said that they do not work that well in that area.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.