• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Shot from the store
Disclaimer
Bring Your Own Container! Turns a container into a water fountain.

Saw this at Lowe's earlier today, and wanted to share. They had a stack on a pallet, and more on the shelf.

The Water Fountain Kit is on clearance, so YMMV.

I couldn't find it on Lowe's site, but here is the manufacturer's page:
Link

Member Summary

water fountain
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Harbor Freight used to carry a solar powered version a few years ago. May be a bit more cost effective in the long run.

saidiadude (Oct. 20, 2012 @ 1:01p) |

Saw this for $14.9x at my local Lowes... there was one left.

jplee3 (Oct. 20, 2012 @ 4:06p) |

You nailed it, under Specifications it is listed as a bubbler.

chuckie001 (Oct. 21, 2012 @ 10:29a) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Found it on Lowes site: link

Update: Weird...previewed the link to make sure it was showing the fountain, but now it shows gift cards.

Dilly101 said:   Found it on Lowes site: link

Update: Weird...previewed the link to make sure it was showing the fountain, but now it shows gift cards.

The FW redirect messes with it. Have to cut and paste the link:

http://www.lowes.com/pd_386544-303-100510037_4294736318__?storeNumber=0539&selectedLocalStoreBeanArray=%5Bcom.lowes.commerce.storelocator.beans.LocatorStoreBean%404b144b14%5D&pl=1&productId=3711356&ipTrail=64.185.139.156&Ns=p_product_qty_sales_dollar%7C1ĄtURL=%3FNs%3Dp_product_qty_sales_dollar%7C1#BVRRWidgetID

Found one for $7.11 near me.

Bad review

Watch the video on their site first. This "fountain" only appears to push water an inch above the surface of the pot.

This look more like a leak than a fountain.

So it's actually BYOF as well as BYOC.

How much electricity would this consume per month? I mean, if you leave it 24/7, how much do you think it will cost you per month?

ElGuache said:   How much electricity would this consume per month? I mean, if you leave it 24/7, how much do you think it will cost you per month?

Silly question...since obviously utility rates vary quite a bit from state to state along with the fact a yearly cost estimate would make more sense. This though would vary greatly since if you live in say, Nebraska...you're not going to keep in on for quite a few of the winter months compared to Florida...where it might be on year round.

So....find out the watt used...find out/convert your local wattage costs...and X's that by how many months you plan on using it.

$28.44 in CA 91709

ElGuache said:   How much electricity would this consume per month? I mean, if you leave it 24/7, how much do you think it will cost you per month?
Their website says it's a 10 watt pump. So it consumes about 7.2 kilowatt hours (kWh) per month. At $0.15 per kilowatt hour, it would cost you $1.08 per month, or $12.96 per year. This doesn't include the cost of water due to evaporation.

How do you say 10watt motor will consume 7.2kwh ?.
Also in CA its not fixed rate, based on the usage it can go upto .34 $/kwh.

cartierf said:   Also in CA its not fixed rate, based on the usage it can go upto .34 $/kwh.

Geezz, adjust for your rates. Or can't you do the math? He gives an example...

I have two fountains and they are both on timers. My front fountain runs twice a day for 3 hours at times when people are most likely to walk by. My backyard fountain runs 1 hour twice a day. This amount of time is enough to keep them clean while saving plenty of energy and I just turn them on continuous if we are in the yard or have company over. In summary, I save about 83% of the energy versus running them continuously. They should also last much longer this way; both of my small pumps are over 5 years old with no maintenance and exposure to a cup of bleach a week. I am amazed at how long they have lasted.

Thanks OP, I will check out this deal and at this price put a backup pump on the shelf.

Can you give me your zip code
SafetyDance said:   Dilly101 said:   Found it on Lowes site: link

The FW redirect messes with it. Have to cut and paste the link:

http://www.lowes.com/pd_386544-303-100510037_4294736318__?storeN...

Found one for $7.11 near me.

rbsolanki said:   Can you give me your zip code

I found them in Carlisle, PA, 17013.

I love Lowe's their appliances are great and good quality

thx. got 2 for 7.11 each in NJ

I couldn't even see buying this thing for a dollar at the dollar store. I watched the video and laughed.

mistycoupon said:   I couldn't even see buying this thing for a dollar at the dollar store. I watched the video and laughed.
I laughed at the fact that you laughed, and wrote an amusing post.

I think this is really a bubbler. I have seen these with nice containers...the water coursing down the sides of the container is quite nice to look at. It's a different type of fountain than what you see at Bellagio, so don't be expecting a huge show. It's more of a zen bubbler kind of thing.

Just got back from Lowe's and was about to buy one, but saw these and they are junk. Not even worth a buck. No wonder why Lowe's still has these in stock.
Also to let you know, all Fountains are on clearance approx 50% off or even more.

gusk1200 said:   mistycoupon said:   I couldn't even see buying this thing for a dollar at the dollar store. I watched the video and laughed.
I laughed at the fact that you laughed, and wrote an amusing post.

And I laughed that you bought it.

bonywallet said:   I love Lowe's their appliances are great and good quality

I like turtles.

Sorry had to.

Shouldn't this be called an Aqua Garden Easy Mosquito Breeder?

On a side note, just watched the video - and I swear it sounds like a SNL commercial.

Mosquitoes do not breed in moving water, so a long as you leave the pump running you will not have a mosquito problem.
But mosquitoes do breed in standing water. Standing water can be found in old tires, bird baths, pet dishes, the gutters on your home, unused pools or pool covers, etc.

mistycoupon said:   I couldn't even see buying this thing for a dollar at the dollar store. I watched the video and laughed.

+1

Who have to really ask yourself the question of the people who designed and marketed this.
What in the hell were they thinking ? And for $80 !!!!

hotshottechguy said:   thx. got 2 for 7.11 each in NJ

I found two also. I think that if you use a wider, more shallow pot, the flow from the pump will be stronger. For $7.xx, it's worth a try, and will make a good gift for hard to buy for MIL, lol. If nothing else, it will be a time killer for her.

So, Thanks!

Harbor Freight used to carry a solar powered version a few years ago. May be a bit more cost effective in the long run.

Saw this for $14.9x at my local Lowes... there was one left.

Modern said:   I think this is really a bubbler. I have seen these with nice containers...the water coursing down the sides of the container is quite nice to look at. It's a different type of fountain than what you see at Bellagio, so don't be expecting a huge show. It's more of a zen bubbler kind of thing.

You nailed it, under Specifications it is listed as a bubbler.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014