• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Choice of Beats by Dre Studio Headphones or Beats Tour Earphones
Disclaimer
Text

Choice of Beats by Dre Studio Headphones or Beats Tour Earphones

The Beats by Dr. Dre line of earphones and studio-quality headphones brings you sound the way it was originally intended to be heard.

Option 1 $69.99 for Beats by Dre Beats Tour Earphones - black ($149.99 value)

• Built-in mic for calls
• Adjustable fitting sizes
• Tangle-free cable
• Compact and portable
• Weight (kg): 0.02
• Height (mm): 25
• Length of Cable (m): 1.280
• Type of Jack: 3.5mm

Option 2: $139.99 for Beats by Dre Studio Headphones from Monster - black ($299.99 value)

• folding, around-the-ear design
• padded, hinged earcups and adjustable wide headband
• up to 14dB active attenuation of ambient noise
• push-to-listen mute button
• 40mm speaker drivers
• 51-inch Monster iSoniTalk™ cable with built-in answer button and microphone for iPhone™, BlackBerry®, and other compatible music-enabled phones
• includes 1/8" to 1/4" mini plug adapter with 24k gold-plated contacts
• approx. 50 hours noise canceling operation with two "AAA" batteries (included)
• weight 9.5 oz. (with batteries)

Highlights
Fine Print
Merchant Info

Beats by Dre Beats Tour Earphones

Noise-cancelling earbuds direct sound into the ear for deep bass and crisp, clear audio, allowing you to fully hear all the details of your music. The in-line with remote allows you to easily make and receive hands-free phone calls, skip songs and adjust volume without having to locate your music player or mobile phone. Its tangle-free flat cord
helps prevent knotting while in your pocket, and come packed inside a hard case for easy portability and storage.

Beats by Dre Studio Headphones from Monster

Powerful enough to block out a jet engine, noise cancelling headphones amplifies music for consistently powerful and intense sound. Plush, padded earcups are made with soft, breathable materials for hours of comfortable listening sessions, and The Beats by Dr. Dre logo on the side also acts as a mute button - so you won't need to take them off. Searching and switching devices has become a thing of the past, with these headphones you can take calls, skip songs and adjust volume right from the cord of your Beats Studio headphones.
https://www.saveology.com

Member Summary

Beats by Dre Headphones
Thanks UncleRico
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

so many fakes out there, I'd be worried

Is there a way to tell if real, like etched serial number that can be verified?

Almost guaranteed to be a fake, IMO.

I would only buy from Monster or a reputable eBay seller who states that the product came direct from Monster.

I was just reading a thread through SD, there seems to be a lot of doubt that these are real, I jumped on the deal after much debate. I used my AMEX card and they will probably refund me the amount if these turn out to be fakes (which I doubt they are).

Picked them up for $144 total including shipping and another 5% back via FW Cash.

I will keep you guys posted on if these are real or not.

I saw this thread and was all excited to get Beats over the ear headphones for $69 to only be left disappointed when I read the details. (Studio headphones are $139.99)

OP please revise the title.

arribasn said:   so many fakes out there, I'd be worried

Looks real enough to the person who is going to try to kill you for them.

+$4.99 shipping.

Last year fake Beats were sold on eBay as their deal of the day. Someone on SD reported that consumer laws state that if you find out it's fake and you thought it was real, that you can keep the fake & still make a claim for a refund. Short of just initiating a chargeback, anyone have any insight into this?

If it's a clever fake, how would you prove to your CC company it's fake? Serial number I suppose?

Bah, doesn't matter. The studio headphones aren't even available.

TheGMan said:   +$4.99 shipping.

Last year fake Beats were sold on eBay as their deal of the day. Someone on SD reported that consumer laws state that if you find out it's fake and you thought it was real, that you can keep the fake & still make a claim for a refund. Short of just initiating a chargeback, anyone have any insight into this?
++

Half off Depot has a similar deal a couple months ago. after waiting a couple weeks, I finally received what turned out to be a fake (a very very convincing fake), I would not have known if it weren't for a couple subtle factors. well the audio seemed to be fairly low quality but that's not something you can figure out if you have not tested this out in person before.

i used American Express and they said they couldn't do anything about it unless I returned the product to them (in which I ended up paying for shipping...) decided to skip using American Express and after numerous customer complaints to half off depot, they refunded me after I returned the product to them.

anyone have a link to the law that says you can keep but still claim a refund?

I just recieved mine a week ago and they are most likely fake, almost dead on fakes, the only way that I could tell was because the right powerside of the headphones had a vertical line going to the "b" logo. The light was also red instead of amber (new ones are amber). I think that the fakes are really good fakes almost identical to the legit Dre Beats Studio. In fact I went to many Bestbuys and Targets and those minor differences were really the only things that I would notice right away.

I just recieved mine a week ago and they are most likely fake, almost dead on fakes, the only way that I could tell was because the right powerside of the headphones had a vertical line going to the "b" logo. The light was also red instead of amber (new ones are amber). I think that the fakes are really good fakes almost identical to the legit Dre Beats Studio. In fact I went to many Bestbuys and Targets and those minor differences were really the only things that I would notice right away.

How is the sound?

Are you going to pursue the site for selling counterfeit goods? That's what I would do - aggressively.

How to convince your CC that it is indeed fake??? I bet most CC will ask you to send it back with shipping on your own.

2cheap2eat said:   How is the sound?

Why would/does that matter ?

If they knew beforehand they were buying fakes (and advertised as such) that would be one thing.

If not, a really good faked copy...is still a fake.

Billian only did an external comparison, curious on the sound.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.