• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Link to Camera on Amazon

10-megapixel CCD sensor with the TruePic V Image Processor
iZUIKO f1.8-2.5 6.0-24mm [28-112 mm equiv.] (4x zoom) lens for improved shooting in low-light scenarios
Capture all the action in crisp 720p HD video at 30 frames-per-second
3-inch OLED monitor; six creative Art Filters
Capture images and HD video to SD/SDHC memory cards (not included)

Amazon
Get Up to 6.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

Olympus XZ-1 10 MP
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Lowest it has been on Amazon.

CamelCamelCamel check

very very tempting price. trying to decide whether I want to wait and see for a good deal on canon s100 or not, which I have a slight preference for because of the size.

Thalaivar said:   Link to Camera on Amazon

10-megapixel CCD sensor with the TruePic V Image Processor
iZUIKO f1.8-2.5 6.0-24mm [28-112 mm equiv.] (4x zoom) lens for improved shooting in low-light scenarios
Capture all the action in crisp 720p HD video at 30 frames-per-second
3-inch OLED monitor; six creative Art Filters
Capture images and HD video to SD/SDHC memory cards (not included)

Good price with very good reviews.

What's so special about this CCD? I've seen better "superzooms" with high rez, longer foal length and faster video performance for much less? What am I missing?

GWBush said:   What's so special about this CCD? I've seen better "superzooms" with high rez, longer foal length and faster video performance for much less? What am I missing? Depends on what you're looking for, but this is a very well reviewed compact camera with a lot of manual features and in the same class as Canon S95/S100, Panasonic LX5, Samsung EX1, etc. Really solid image quality, lots of manual control, good speed, great f-stop (F1.8-2.5), and average-to-above-average battery life (a weak point of the S100).

DP review gives this camera a (slightly) better overall score compared to the very popular Canon S95 and S100.

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/OlympusXZ1/12

Is there a new XZ-1 replacement coming out very soon because this looks like an inventory blow-out price?

LongDongSilver said:   Is there a new XZ-1 replacement coming out very soon because this looks like an inventory blow-out price? Yup. They just announced the XZ-2 last month. I'm not sure if it's already out or whether it's coming out soon, but I remember hearing that the MSRP will be a whopping $600.

For anyone getting this, you can also add a case + 4gb sdcard for $4.19:
http://www.amazon.com/Olympus-Leather-Shoulder-Strap-202543/dp/B...

Anyone care to comment on whether it's worth the extra $250 for a Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 over this?

BMWBig6 said:   Anyone care to comment on whether it's worth the extra $250 for a Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 over this?
If you want to shoot a lot of video, don't get the Olympus. Panasonic excels at it.
This Olympus actually has a Panasonic sensor in it... and it's not one of their best by far.

Price went back up.

Not sure where else to post this: the price came back down to $199 last week so I jumped. Camera arrived today and had clearly been opened -- finger prints on the inside glossy packaging, battery floating loose in the bottom of the box, and the manual creased and repackaged under everything, rather than on the top internal shelf within the box. I was going to give this as a gift, but now am not comfortable doing so. Anyone have luck getting Amazon to expedite a replacement in similar situations?

Edit: found details on how to check the shutter count here. Someone has taken 147 pictures and fired the flash 12 times on this "new" unit.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014