• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Saw this today when I was in WalMart. Not available online, but available in several stores nearby me (Fort Collins, CO).

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Toshiba-50-Class-LED-1080p-60Hz-HDTV-3...

Member Summary

50M2U
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Does anyone have used this TV, any recommendation ?

Looks like it's pretty much the going price for this for the last several months.

60 Hz TV in LCD and led are both going for this price in this size across the board.

cartierf said:   Does anyone have used this TV, any recommendation ?

I can't reccomend and TV that runs at 60 Hz. Blue Rays in particular get pretty blurry at that speed.

So 120Hz is good or 240hz is good ?.

I bought this TV last week. I was waiting for BF to buy a new TV but my 10 yr old Samsung 50" 720P DLP took a turn for the worst last week - needs new bulb and color wheel - so I had an urgent need to get a new one. I had set a $600 max budget and this was the best deal I could find. The TV had good reviews - I am now one of those positive reviewers. This is a great buy for a name brand basic HD 50" (actually 49.11")LED. The HD picture is really good as is the sound especially for a LED - no need for a sound bar.

Would someone please tell me if this be suitable for watching sports? Especially basketball and football. I don't know enough about TVs and from what I've heard, 60 Hz is not enough.

if you dont mind the "soap opera" effect that comes with 120 Hz, then go for another tv, I personally dont like it, so 60 Hz is perfectly fine.
worth mentioning that human eye can't notice the difference between both, when advertising manufacturers use slow motion...
what is more important is the response time of the monitor, low is better for watching sports

mfourdraine said:   cartierf said:   Does anyone have used this TV, any recommendation ?

I can't reccomend and TV that runs at 60 Hz. Blue Rays in particular get pretty blurry at that speed.

Please, blurays are fine with 60. If the manufacture don't slap these gimmick numbers on the box, you wouldn't know the diff just by watching blurays.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014