Voting History
rated:
Chamberlain 1/2 HP Chain Drive Garage Door Opener
Model # CG40D
Internet # 202413356

$98.00 /EA-Each WAS 129.00.
Limit 4 per Order

Link from HD

PRODUCT DESCRIPTIONThe CG40D 1/2 HP chain drive is steady and reliable. Its durable 1/2 HP motor and chain drive provide continual steady performance. This model has earned the good housekeeping seal. Quick-install rail system provides faster and easier installation and assembles in 60 seconds.

Delivers 75 watts of light with adjustable light time delay
Includes one single-button remote control and an illuminated door control button
HomeLink compatible with the in-vehicle remote control system
1/2 HP motor with industrial-strength, rugged chain drive
Quick-and-easy-to-install 5-piece rail system fits most garages with 7 ft. high garage doors. Extension kits are required for garage doors that are 8 ft. (model 7708CB) or 10 ft. (7710CB) in height
MFG Brand Name : Chamberlain
MFG Model # : CG40D
MFG Part # : CG40D

Member Summary

garage door opener
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Appears to be an online exclusive, but does have Free Shipping!!!

Fyi. I purchased one of these late last year and I'm ready for a replacement. This thing is amazingly loud. The whole house shakes. I originally installed it as a replacement to one of my 10 year old Chamberlain openers that failed. They are definitely NOT the same. Since I had two doors on my house I had the old opener on one door and this new opener on the other. It was a dramatic difference between them. This opener does not compare to the old opener.

I've since replaced the other old opener with a Chamberlain screw drive which is amazingly quiet. Great find at Costco. I wish I had purchased two of these at the time since I couldn't justify replacing a new opener with another new opener, I didn't. I'm now ready to make that move but alas Costco doesn't have them anymore.

Note the price on this deal is pretty good. When double checking the model of the one I have I found I paid $120 on Amazon which was the best price I could find non-urgently at the time.

It's pretty easy to install. I found you do need some help for just a couple minutes during the setup process. It went up pretty quick as a replacement for the failed unit. I originally replaced just the head but ended up replacing everything hoping the noise level would drop with the new rails. No luck. Still noisy as ever.

Edit: Added more details

Great price. Good find OP.

Edit: Online Special Valid : 10/23/2012 - 10/23/2012

Any $5 or $10 coupon to make it hotter?

Nothing i could find

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014