Lowest price around by a nice bit on a great product

LINK

Member Summary

Panasonic DMP-BDT220
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

http://firmwareinfo.com/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=221

for info on making this player region free among other feature unlocks. not free however, firmwareinfo.com requires a 'donation'.

buy now, or wait for BF???

Has anyone gotten their "enhanced firmware" to work? The thread is locked and there has been zero user feedbacks.

I do not receommend Panasonic Bluray players. I don't know about this one specifically, but I own a DMP-BD75 that freezes on the daily. It still plays Blurays and Netflix, but during menu changes (going to/from the "home" screen) it freezes, even with the latest firmware. I'd stick to Samsung or Sony if I were anyone else...I even bought a Dynex DX-WBRDVD1 bluray player w/wifi/apps for the bedroom that completely out performs the Panasonic. In terms of loading speed, navigation, and updates (it now has hulu and pandora).

BlurryEyed said:   I do not receommend Panasonic Bluray players. I don't know about this one specifically, but I own a DMP-BD75 that freezes on the daily. It still plays Blurays and Netflix, but during menu changes (going to/from the "home" screen) it freezes, even with the latest firmware. I'd stick to Samsung or Sony if I were anyone else...I even bought a Dynex DX-WBRDVD1 bluray player w/wifi/apps for the bedroom that completely out performs the Panasonic. In terms of loading speed, navigation, and updates (it now has hulu and pandora).

Samsung Blu-ray players LOL! Complete junk! I have two of these that have been flawless.

Is this a good deal? The price is still $99.

Yes, it is a very good deal. If you will use this mainly for discs and HDD/NAS, it is a clear winner. The choice of online services is low where I am (but they all work fine on wi-fi). I have'nt experienced any issues with this except the menu changes take some time. I have not enabled quick-start function. To summarize
Excellent - picture quality, 3d playback, DLNA, setup, quiet playback, Wi-Fi
Medium - Connections - No HDMI in, an extra HDMI out would have helped. Remote is good to hold, but a universal remote on such a device would have gone a long way.
Not so good - switching from net to disk/drive, front flap is stylish, but serves no function as USB is behind it. Feels built to a price.

I did look at Samsung 6100 and 6500 but I did'nt like their lesser formats, picture quality, disc noise and connectors even as much as panasonic DMP BDT220, so ruled them out.

the Panasonic DMP-BDT320 is $122.99 which is the model above. Also pretty good deal.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00752R5Z4

Better purchase this Blu-ray player plus A/V receiver plus speakers?

or combo Blu-ray home theater system?

Thanks!

Same price on sale @ BB. And, for the record, mine works just fine with the Panny 1.49 firmware.

gaore said:   Better purchase this Blu-ray player plus A/V receiver plus speakers?

Thanks!

I'm always of the mind that separate components work best for two reasons. First, focus on one component allows for better development. Second, in combo components, if one part breaks, you're kinda screwed. But, that's just my rule of thumb.

I have the predesessor to this model (DMP-BDT210). It's an awesome machine, and I've had no problems with it. It plays very well with my 55" Samsung 3D TV. Actually I prefer streaming Netflix and the other apps through the blu-ray player rather than through the TV directly. I like the interface better and it's less complicated sound-wise with how my system is set up. I'm very tempted to pick either the DMP-BDT-220 or DMP-BDT-320 for the bedroom.

gaore said:   Better purchase this Blu-ray player plus A/V receiver plus speakers?

Thanks!

I would get good speakers and I would get a good blu-ray machine (this one is good). What often happens with combination systems is that you get mediocre components for both (IMO).

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014