• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Stop - Hammer Time!

Hitachi DV20VB2 3/4-Inch Hammer Drill

Amazon Link

Only three reviews (4 out of 5 stars), but from what I gather:

A tad on the weak / light side for a 3/4", so performs more like a decent 1/2".
Reverse is somewhat slower / underpowered compared to forward operation.
One reviewer noted that the "drill is made in Ireland. Chuck is German.", but that was 2009 - things could have changed. Someone let us know if they snag one.

Member Summary

Hitachi DV20VB2
Thanks byakuya07
Disclaimer
Product Features

2 Mode Drill
8.3 Amp
4.9 Lbs
3/4" chuck
Included accessories: Chuck key, side handle, depth gauge, carrying case
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thanks OP - I have been eying this drill for a while, and this is about $25 cheaper then the best price I could find.

I just cannot seem to make up my mind to get this larger but weaker Hitachi or a smaller and more powerful 10amp DeWalt DWD210G

I'm getting $103.99 shipped

Within the description and other sites are calling this a 1/2" drill... Item title may be misleading..

I read the Hitachi website and this has a 1/2" chuck and the capacity to drill a 3/4" hole in concrete and 1/2" in steel. After reading 3/4" I was expecting to see some Honker of a chuck on this drill... I would assume most 1/2" hammer drills would be capable of drilling a 3/4" hole, just might take longer with others. Just glad I don't have to run out and buy a bunch of bits with 3/4" shanks...

valeadmagnet said:   Thanks OP - I have been eying this drill for a while, and this is about $25 cheaper then the best price I could find.

I just cannot seem to make up my mind to get this larger but weaker Hitachi or a smaller and more powerful 10amp DeWalt DWD210G

Isn't this DeWalt drill a regular and not a hammer drill?

ach1199 said:   Isn't this DeWalt drill a regular and not a hammer drill?
True - standard drill. Here's the hammer drill best-seller list:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/hi/552802

DeWalt seems pretty popular, both corded and cordless...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014