• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

clearance list
Disclaimer
Went to frys today and they had some ssd's on clearance. Seemed like a good deal, but they were all out in San Diego, guy said they had plenty in San Marcos though.

Member Summary

40gb Intel SSD
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Online at 29.99. http://www.frys.com/product/6417812?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

Maybe a good deal if you just need a boot drive. I do. Hoarding time!

(Kidding, like all Fry's clearances, OOS everywhere already).

hopefully there is a few left near my area, thanks for headsup

Nice find OP! have the 80G X25 in my ASUS laptop for almost 2yrs and love it. Looking for a cheap boot drive for my HTPC and a couple Smoothwalls. This will fill the bill nicely.

TheNewbGuy said:   hopefully there is a few left near my area, thanks for headsup

me too, check it out.

Time to make some phonecalls.

Have clicked the link but I needn't it. Thanks anyhow.

Looks like the 4 SKUs at the bottom of the sheet are most likely in-store clearanced too- all of them are 60gb SSDs... 3 of 4 are Corsair - nice thing is all the links below show in-store availability!

7201533 - 60GB MSI ReflexSerie SSD ($80 online)
7349804 - 60GB Corsair RF (?) SATA II SSD ($40 online - REFURBISHED PER Factory Part #!!)
6833386 - 60GB Corsair Force 3 Series Solid State Drive ($100 online)
6908347 - 60GB Corsair Force GT Series Solid State Drive ($90 online)

Bear in mind that this Intel SSD is nearly 3 years old and is seriously 1/3 the speed of most of the recent $60 deals that have been flying around.

PhDeez said:   Looks like the 4 SKUs at the bottom of the sheet are most likely in-store clearanced too- all of them are 60gb SSDs... 3 of 4 are Corsair - nice thing is all the links below show in-store availability!

7201533 - 60GB MSI ReflexSerie SSD ($80 online)
7349804 - 60GB Corsair RF (?) SATA II SSD ($40 online - REFURBISHED PER Factory Part #!!)
6833386 - 60GB Corsair Force 3 Series Solid State Drive ($100 online)
6908347 - 60GB Corsair Force GT Series Solid State Drive ($90 online)
and not one of those is a deal at all

Got a 60 GB Patriot drive for $25 at the store in Roseville, CA. It's SATA II, but so is the motherboard I'm pairing it with. Should be fine as a boot drive for the media streaming box I'm making. These are all older model drives, so upgrade the firmware first. Mine had the original release firmware that was several years old and 3versions behind.

chripuck said:   Bear in mind that this Intel SSD is nearly 3 years old and is seriously 1/3 the speed of most of the recent $60 deals that have been flying around. True, it's an older drive, but for most practical applications it makes virtually no difference. I upgraded recently from a OCZ vertex 2 to a Sandisk Extreme (upgrade by 2 generations) and sure the benchmark numbers on the new drive is much more impressive, but in every day use I see virtually no difference. It'll still be a huge upgrade for anyone going from an HDD to this.

markess said:   Got a 60 GB Patriot drive for $25 at the store in Roseville, CA. It's SATA II, but so is the motherboard I'm pairing it with. Should be fine as a boot drive for the media streaming box I'm making. These are all older model drives, so upgrade the firmware first. Mine had the original release firmware that was several years old and 3versions behind.

Do they still have any in the store?

They said there is non on sale in my area. Only A used one available for 69.99. YMMV

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details...

Edit: I hope a moderator changed the affiliate link on my link to FW. I had gotten that link from another deal site and wasn't sure if I knew how to strip off the affiliate code from a TD link.

Anyways, it said it was moderated when I posted it, so I assume that they did the right thing.

Wasn't trying to break any rules around here, though it could be helpful to this thread.

(80GB X25 for $40, versus 40GB X25 for $27.)

Edit: Here's the fatwallet deal link:
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1228675/

IGNORE THE FIRST LINK

cstring said:   markess said:   Got a 60 GB Patriot drive for $25 at the store in Roseville, CA. It's SATA II, but so is the motherboard I'm pairing it with. Should be fine as a boot drive for the media streaming box I'm making. These are all older model drives, so upgrade the firmware first. Mine had the original release firmware that was several years old and 3versions behind.

Do they still have any in the store?


No, they ran out of all of the clearance items in a day. I was back next day for something else and the clearance board was empty. But now they are clearing out SD cards. 32 GB class10 for $9.99.

franlofter said:   PhDeez said:   Looks like the 4 SKUs at the bottom of the sheet are most likely in-store clearanced too- all of them are 60gb SSDs... 3 of 4 are Corsair - nice thing is all the links below show in-store availability!

7201533 - 60GB MSI ReflexSerie SSD ($80 online)
7349804 - 60GB Corsair RF (?) SATA II SSD ($40 online - REFURBISHED PER Factory Part #!!)
6833386 - 60GB Corsair Force 3 Series Solid State Drive ($100 online)
6908347 - 60GB Corsair Force GT Series Solid State Drive ($90 online)
and not one of those is a deal at all


I really posted the links to show stock, not price. OP's SSD was less in-store than the linked price ($27 in-store vs $30 online). My thinking was if you show one of the items in-stock, you could swing by your store of choice to see if additional discounts were given.

Obviously YMMV...



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014