• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Skylanders

Choose 2 from 15 different Skylanders or choose a triple pack that will add 15.00 to your total

Walmart
See Walmart promo codes that earn 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Skylanders Characters
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Triple pack is ony an option to be added after you have your two individual Characters picked up.
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

It was just yesterday that I managed to finally defeat all the bad guys in the undead realm. It took several attempts and every Skylander I had. It is time to increase the size of my little army. (Ok so I am not much of a gamer, I just like playing this with my kids and I need a lot of characters to make it through the levels LOL)

This is a brilliant marketing scheme. Its one of those "I wish I thought of that" type money makers.

Make an addictive video game aimed a 5-10 years olds.
Make it somewhat difficult.
Sell miniature toy figures (for $8+ each) that act like extra lives/exclusive bonuses in the game.
Profit...

My son is very into this game, he doesn't know yet but he is getting the Giants sequel for Christmas with all the new ones. So, that being said I have a decent amount of experience with extensive searches for these things, online and via travel.

So, I'm not going to "red" the deal or anything because this deal actually is pretty fantastic for the figures, BUT.... two things:

-I think there will be (BF maybe?) huge deals on these for Christmas (the first game figures).
-The figures you can choose from for the deal are rather easy to find, matter of fact you can find them online for sale rather often. Right now toysrus has B1G1 40% off, making 2 of them $14, new figures or original.

Good deal, wish they had Wham Shell in that selection, I would get him and a second interesting one as I rather enjoy the way that figure looks.

toysrus.com has the old series 1 figures (from old game) on sale for 7.99 and you can still get the B1G1 40% making the price for every 2 characters you buy $12.80. But, you have to buy a lot of these (8 figures, if my math is correct) to get the free shipping (spend $49 or more for free shipping). I believe Wal-Mart's deal is a hot deal. Nice find mamamoss!

Thanks OP, picked up 6 of them for Christmas gifts!!!

Wham Shell is free with a $100 Skylanders purchase at TRU. They had a million figures there the other day before the promotion but not one Wham Shell. Looks like the only way to find Wham Shell is that way. It's the only one left we need & I'm going to get the Giants for Christams anyway so TRU is the way to go for me.

As far as the scheme goes, it is the same type of thing as Pokemon, Bakugan, etc added to a video game. The Giants series has some of the same figures as the first series only called "series 2". But my nephew loves it and it's his #1 Christmas request so.............................

My son just bought a couple of figures in the Giant series with his birthday money, then come to find out that they're not compatible with his original game. Figures.

mamamoss said:   Skylanders

Choose 2 from 15 different Skylanders or choose a triple pack that will add 15.00 to your total

Thanks OP, I got two of them. By the way, you need to fix the "or", because you can only add the triple pack that will add 15.00 to your total, if you have already added 2 indivual ones for $12. It doesn't let you get the triple pack without the other two. The triple packs are $17.96.

best buy has a deal for black friday origional skylanders for 2.99 each also WalMart has there limited edition glow in the dark sonic boom then too.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014