• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Thanks to Sully78 for partial credit!

I needed to buy the HP 8600 Plus Printer which shows online at $229.99 at Office Depot.
When I went in store today, it rang up as $179.99 ($120 Instant Savings - Normally $299.99).

I then asked them to honor the Staples $50 coupon which is not only legit but also available on Staples app for downloading and proving it is real!

$50 Staples Coupon Link

Then you can trade in any HP printer for a $50 rebate or NON-HP printer for $75 rebate. See link below:
Printer Trade-In Rebate (Works for Both HP and Non-HP Printers)

My total price including tax is $64.09 w/ NON-HP printer Trade-In Rebate.

Link to my receipt:
Receipt

P.S. If you don't have a printer to trade-in, just remember that Craigslist is your friend.

Office Depot
See Office Depot discounts that earn 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

HP 8600 (24.88kB)
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
http://www.staples.com/coupons I see a 120 off coupon for HP 8600 Officejet Pro

xxmayorxxomatic (Nov. 02, 2012 @ 12:32p) |

nevermind. My first post has nothing to do with the topic. didnt know HP had so many 8600 Pro versions.

xxmayorxxomatic (Nov. 02, 2012 @ 12:43p) |

This HP FAll 2012 trade in expired 10/31/2012 Is there a new trade in program from HP or Staples?

peepsiemom (Nov. 03, 2012 @ 1:14p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › HP

man I felt special a few months ago when I got this with my $200 HP credit from the HP $120 deal they cancelled... that $200 credit off of the $299 HP website price made it a $100 printer with free shipping and I felt like a rockstar but you just blew that deal out of the water!

Well done OP!

great deal, still have some of the 8500s when they were free ar, after trade ins

nice post

atwnsw said:   Thanks to Sully78 for partial credit!

I needed to buy the HP 8600 Plus Printer which shows online at $229.99 at Office Depot.
When I went in store today, it rang up as $179.99 ($120 Instant Savings - Normally $299.99).

I then asked them to honor the Staples $50 coupon which is not only legit but also available on Staples app for downloading and proving it is real!

$50 Staples Coupon Link

Then you can trade in any HP printer for a $50 rebate or NON-HP printer for $75 rebate. See link below:

Link to my receipt:
Receipt

P.S. If you don't have a printer to trade-in, just remember that Craigslist is your friend.

Based on the FAQ and this http://www.hp.com/united-states/tradein/promo/laserjet2/pdf/tias-fall2012-eligible-products.pdf, it shows the trade-in is $50 for HP printer and $25 for non-HP printer. Where does it say is $25 *additional* trade-in for non-HP printer?

TIA

confused200 said:   atwnsw said:   Thanks to Sully78 for partial credit!

$50 Staples Coupon Link

Link to my receipt:
Receipt

Based on the FAQ and this http://www.hp.com/united-states/tradein/promo/laserjet2/pdf/tias... it shows the trade-in is $50 for HP printer and $25 for non-HP printer. Where does it say is $25 *additional* trade-in for non-HP printer?

TIA

If you go to the link in my original post for HP Trade In Rebate and complete the form, it shows $75 at the end. Doesn't matter what you put in as a Trade-In, the key is what you buy?

But you are right that your form indicates a different price.

It may be worth a phone call to clarify since their site shows 2 different answers....

HP did a poor job of laying out the Non-HP amounts on the PDF by not indicating that they were additional amounts.

If you read the terms and conditions from the link on the right side of the rebate site, you'll see that the promotion offers a base Cash Back, plus an incremental amount for trading a non-HP printer.

Most importantly, as stated above, if you get a quote from the site on trading a non-HP inkjet printer for the 8600 plus, you'll get a quote of $75.

The coupon is for 8600 Pro not for 8600 Plus...how did you get them to use that on Plus... I know my store will never let me use that... They are very attentive to details when it comes to Staples.

Shrome said:   The coupon is for 8600 Pro not for 8600 Plus...how did you get them to use that on Plus... I know my store will never let me use that... They are very attentive to details when it comes to Staples.
The ymmv gets bigger ..

Shrome said:   The coupon is for 8600 Pro not for 8600 Plus...how did you get them to use that on Plus... I know my store will never let me use that... They are very attentive to details when it comes to Staples.

Looks like the pro and the plus are the same thing....the printers name is HP officejwt pro 8600 plus.....

Looks like there are three models on Staples website:

HP Officejet Pro 8600 e-All-in-One Printer $199.99 list price ($189.99 currently), this is the item the coupon is for (Staples Item 366000)
HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus e-All-in-One Printer $299.99 list price ($289.99 currently)
HP Officejet Pro 8600 Premium e-All-in-One Printer $399.99 list price ($389.99 currently)

So the OP got them to apply the coupon to the Plus, which the Staples coupon is not for, so definitely a YMMV situation.

His receipt says it is the pro model

Quack quack.

confused200 said:   atwnsw said:   Thanks to Sully78 for partial credit!

$50 Staples Coupon Link

Link to my receipt:
Receipt

Based on the FAQ and this http://www.hp.com/united-states/tradein/promo/laserjet2/pdf/tias... it shows the trade-in is $50 for HP printer and $25 for non-HP printer. Where does it say is $25 *additional* trade-in for non-HP printer?

TIA

I filled out the online form using a brother printer
got : Unit rebate: $ 75.00

No.

HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus e-All-In-One Printer, Copier, Scanner, Fax
Item # 527134

So that is a Pro 8600 Plus model. Those HP printers have weird names.

ckalvoda22 said:   His receipt says it is the pro model

If you believe in honesty read this line for the HP rebate

Trade-in proof-of-ownership requirements

The end-user must warrant that all trade-in equipment has been owned by the end-user for at least one year and has been used in the end-user's business in the previous year.

just tried it, no go at my local

Mine rang up at 149. Got the 50 off via Staples coupon with no problem. Didnt even blink. 99 + tax OTD. Great Deal.

I have an EPSON Worforce 610 for trade in, do not see that as an option as model for inkjet or multifunction. Does that mean I cannot apply for the HP trade in offer?

I was able to get the printer from OD for 179.99 - 50 Staples coupon.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Just came back from OD and I saw two different printers. The one for 149.99 is for the 8600 Pro model and 179.99 is for the Plus model. So no they are not the same and only Plus and Premier qualifies for the rebate.

Edit: Thanks OP for awesome deal. Had old canon printer collecting dust so this should be good replacement inkjet.

Confirm price $179 at Office Depot, OD does have number rebate too
Costco has similar price too

Good luck with the ink this thing will engorge itself on, and also the HP built in time bomb that renders the cartridges useless no matter how much ink they still have in them.

The price per page is very low for this inkjet, on par with a laser.

Beckles said:   Looks like there are three models on Staples website:

HP Officejet Pro 8600 e-All-in-One Printer $199.99 list price ($189.99 currently), this is the item the coupon is for (Staples Item 366000)
HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus e-All-in-One Printer $299.99 list price ($289.99 currently)
HP Officejet Pro 8600 Premium e-All-in-One Printer $399.99 list price ($389.99 currently)

So the OP got them to apply the coupon to the Plus, which the Staples coupon is not for, so definitely a YMMV situation.

Was over at Office Depot and there are definitely three different models: Pro, Pro Plus, and Premium. According to the program details sheet at HP, the rebate deal is only on the Pro Plus and Premium models.

Hmm, is this a good printer to keep for occasional color/photo printing or will the ink expire or dry out if not used for 2 months at a time? I'm thinking of just printing couple of pictures every two months just to keep the ink intact. Already have laser for BW printing.

htaddicted said:   Hmm, is this a good printer to keep for occasional color/photo printing or will the ink expire or dry out if not used for 2 months at a time? I'm thinking of just printing couple of pictures every two months just to keep the ink intact. Already have laser for BW printing.

Yeah I've never had much luck with inkjets for this very reason. I don't print in color enough and when I want to, then I find the heads have clogged. I ended up going with a color laserjet for general printing, and for photo prints, I send the file over to Costco or WalMart to have them printed on their Fuji photo printers.

sommerjt said:   If you believe in honesty read this line for the HP rebate

Trade-in proof-of-ownership requirements

The end-user must warrant that all trade-in equipment has been owned by the end-user for at least one year and has been used in the end-user's business in the previous year.

What's your point? Are you only referring to buying a used printer (like from Craigslist) just to trade-in?

kimgkimg said:   htaddicted said:   Hmm, is this a good printer to keep for occasional color/photo printing or will the ink expire or dry out if not used for 2 months at a time? I'm thinking of just printing couple of pictures every two months just to keep the ink intact. Already have laser for BW printing.

Yeah I've never had much luck with inkjets for this very reason. I don't print in color enough and when I want to, then I find the heads have clogged. I ended up going with a color laserjet for general printing, and for photo prints, I send the file over to Costco or WalMart to have them printed on their Fuji photo printers.

Interesting but WHY are you telling your story to us? If you don't want the deal, don't do the deal. Your personal issues and which printers are used by WalMart are irrelevant to us.

This printer (PRO model) is $149 (before coupons) at Staples starting Sunday. Thus, this thread and all the maneuvering are irrelevant.

htaddicted said:   Just came back from OD and I saw two different printers. The one for 149.99 is for the 8600 Pro model and 179.99 is for the Plus model. So no they are not the same and only Plus and Premier qualifies for the rebate.

Edit: Thanks OP for awesome deal. Had old canon printer collecting dust so this should be good replacement inkjet.

Incorrect, there is no "rebate" only a trade in. ALL printers, all brands, models, are eligible for trade in. You get more money from HP if your trade-in is NOT HP.

@peepsiemom
I believe the OP meant the 8600 Pro Plus
The staples ad for this coming week 11/4 lists the same model for $229

I also purchased this model at OD for $179 less the Staples coupon match for $129 plus tax
Still over a $100 savings after tax.

http://www.staples.com/coupons I see a 120 off coupon for HP 8600 Officejet Pro

nevermind. My first post has nothing to do with the topic. didnt know HP had so many 8600 Pro versions.

This HP FAll 2012 trade in expired 10/31/2012 Is there a new trade in program from HP or Staples?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014