• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

20 Karakoram
Disclaimer
Eddie Bauer has discounted their First Ascent 0 and 20 Karakoram sleeping bags by $30, and their -30 by $40. The 20 bag was rated the best all-around bag by Backpacker Magazine in their Sept '12 issue. I bought, @$300, the 20 and it indeed does weigh in at 2lb4oz (2lb8oz with included compression bag). I researched lots of bags and you had to spend $120+ to get a bag that matched or beat this bag based on performance/weight.

Free shipping with code GEESE and don't forget FatCash.
20 Regular/Short = $269
20 Long = 299
0 Regular/Short = $349
0 Long = $389
-30 Regular/Short = $459
-30 Long = $499

Like I said I purchased this bag and have used it once. It got down to 18.1F one night and I woke up a couple times with chilly feet. Both times I re-centered myself on my 1.5" classic thermarest a fell back asleep. I admit I am a bit of a cold sleeper and I was sleeping in lightweight pants, midweight shirt, heavyweight socks, and a midweight cap, in a single wall tent. I am just over 5'11" and the regular size bag still had 1.5" - 2" more space (I read another review somewhere that stated the same thing, 6' - 6'1" should fit in a regular). It compresses down to the size of a volleyball, the shell is indeed water resistant, and I have not snagged the zipper. For a 20 bag the neck/chest/zipper baffles are really good. The colder rated bags really should have drawstrings on the neck/chest baffles.

Eddie Bauer
Need a Eddie Bauer coupon that earns 3.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

Bag
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer

20 Karakoram
Thanks jschuk
Disclaimer

20 Karakoram
Thanks jschuk
Disclaimer

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014