• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Wirefly has both gray and white note 2 for ($279) now 299 with 2 yr contract on classic plan. free FedEx 3 days shipping, mine shipped the same day.
white: http://www.wirefly.com/eCommerce/SpecialOffer.aspx?cid=21427_d36...
gray: http://www.wirefly.com/eCommerce/SpecialOffer.aspx?cid=21427_d36...

Or go to local store and sign up for value plan, the price will be $250 only. Unlimited plan is $70, plus $20 per month value plan fee. Total is $90 / mo.

In conclusion:
- If you want to get lowest monthly fee and don't care much about data, then go with Wirefly with classic plan. the lowest will be 500 min class plan, only $39.99/mo.
(add $20 you can get 2G/mo data)
- If you need unlimited data, then go with value plan and $250 phone at local store. monthly payment is only $90, lower than unlimited classic plan.

Member Summary

Galaxy Note 2
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I've been waiting for this phone for months! Of course, I'm on vzw and they will get it last. But i guess I shouldn't complain since they never even got the first Note.

Anyone know the advantages and disadvantages of each major carrier (verizon vs at&t vs Sprint vs T-Mobile)? For example, verizon doesnt allow the use of google wallet. Or how t-mo doesnt have LTE. I know I have heard a disadvantage of Sprint recently but i can't remember.

I consider myself an above average android user on a family plan that needs slightly more than 700 shared minutes, unlimited messages, and about 2-3 gb of data.

mark100177 said:   I've been waiting for this phone for months! Of course, I'm on vzw and they will get it last. But i guess I shouldn't complain since they never even got the first Note.

Anyone know the advantages and disadvantages of each major carrier (verizon vs at&t vs Sprint vs T-Mobile)? For example, verizon doesnt allow the use of google wallet. Or how t-mo doesnt have LTE. I know I have heard a disadvantage of Sprint recently but i can't remember.

I consider myself an above average android user on a family plan that needs slightly more than 700 shared minutes, unlimited messages, and about 2-3 gb of data.


T-Mobile has a value plan that is decently priced:

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1213223/

I have 2 base + 2 total of 4 lines. My Total for 4 lines of Shared 1000 voice + unlimited text + unlimited data + tax is around $150. I then get a corporate discount on that. If you are eligible for a corporate discount, activation is free for all lines. You can get it cheaper if you take limited data minutes on some lines.

Make sure you have decent T-Mobile service in your area though. I switched from Virgin Mobile pre-paid to this post-paid plan, in Northern VA, and have no regrets. You will need to bring your own device though.

If you get the T-Mobile value plan, no discount on the phone. The Galaxy Note II will be retail price $650 + tax. Although you can do a down payment for $250, and paid $20/month for 20 month. The phone is not $250. But considering the value plan is much cheaper than the classic plan. Also no data required, you don't have to purchase data plan, but if you want, $20/month unlimited 4G HSPA+, speed is about 10mbps - 30mbps/1.7mbps - 6mbps. Which is Awesome in Orange County/CA. Compare to my friend Iphone5 AT&T LTE is ~10mpbs. Since the phone is paid retail price, you can call customer service to have the phone unlock. T-Mobile Galaxy Note II SGH-T889 is the same as the International version N7100($675 on eBay), no LTE. I rather paid $650 + tax at T-Mobile, considering the warranty & insurance option($8/month) cover damage/lost/stolen, $150 deductable.

Thanks for explaining the details of value plan. That's great info.

Regarding LTE, that's not entirely true. tmobile's note 2 has LTE radio built in, right now they simply disabled it by software lock. probably next year when tmobile roll out 4G LTE network, they will enable it by a software update.
http://www.gottabemobile.com/2012/10/25/t-mobile-galaxy-note-2-f...


binhxdo2 said:   If you get the T-Mobile value plan, no discount on the phone. The Galaxy Note II will be retail price $650 + tax. Although you can do a down payment for $250, and paid $20/month for 20 month. The phone is not $250. But considering the value plan is much cheaper than the classic plan. Also no data required, you don't have to purchase data plan, but if you want, $20/month unlimited 4G HSPA+, speed is about 10mbps - 30mbps/1.7mbps - 6mbps. Which is Awesome in Orange County/CA. Compare to my friend Iphone5 AT&T LTE is ~10mpbs. Since the phone is paid retail price, you can call customer service to have the phone unlock. T-Mobile Galaxy Note II SGH-T889 is the same as the International version N7100($675 on eBay), no LTE. I rather paid $650 + tax at T-Mobile, considering the warranty & insurance option($8/month) cover damage/lost/stolen, $150 deductable.

with $200 and a 2 yrs contract.. Not a deal..

If you're interested in this phone, you really should go to the store and check one out. I was shocked at how it dwarfed the Galaxy S3 which is, by all accounts, a huge phone. I think for the right user this is a home run, but man, I think this is just way too big for the average person. I was also struck, btw by how thin the device is for its size, and the screen was fantastic.

clb4g9 said:   If you're interested in this phone, you really should go to the store and check one out. I was shocked at how it dwarfed the Galaxy S3 which is, by all accounts, a huge phone. I think for the right user this is a home run, but man, I think this is just way too big for the average person. I was also struck, btw by how thin the device is for its size, and the screen was fantastic.

It's a huge phone in my hands, but my friend has gorilla hands, so this phone is on his short list.

Nice! Thanks yfei for the LTE info.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014