Member Summary

iPhone 4S 16 GB
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer

shelf tag
Thanks excoriatorb
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I don't mean to crap on the deal but my question is that this is a 1 year old phone. The iPhone 5 is out and my understa... (more)

ubermichaelthomas (Nov. 08, 2012 @ 10:26p) |

Virgin Mobile has them for $449.00 - no activation required. Order online.
I was able to get it for $300:
1) Ordered disc... (more)

dcg9381 (Dec. 06, 2012 @ 3:00p) |

USB extended battery chargers with wires long enough to make my phone into a flail. Memory is expandable via cloud serv... (more)

OrionTHX (Dec. 06, 2012 @ 3:11p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

With non replaceable battery and memory that isn't expandable.

clearanceman said:   With non replaceable battery and memory that isn't expandable.

Thanks for letting us know. Nobody knew this before you let it out.

I always love the battery argument. I have never owned ANY phone long enough to need to buy a new battery for it. How many times do you replace the battery on your phone?

Edit: The non-expandable memory makes for a more universal and stable experience. Different memory cards, speeds, faulty cards, etc. With Android not such a big of a deal as performance varies widely from phone to phone. However, all iPhone 4S will operate the exact same way. When you create an app for it you know it will run the same for every single person.

clearanceman said:   With non replaceable battery and memory that isn't expandable.

Wat??

Tell me more about the iPhone's faults. I've been in an Afghan POW camp for the last 5 years and looking to get a phone to replace the one I hid where Butch's father hid his watch.

Does the iPhone lack a physical keyboard too?

Most people break or upgrade their phone before they go through 1000 charges and need a new battery.

Is this a temporary sale or clearance item? Doesn't Apple dictate the price?

vipercon said:   I always love the battery argument. I have never owned ANY phone long enough to need to buy a new battery for it. How many times do you replace the battery on your phone?

Edit: The non-expandable memory makes for a more universal and stable experience. Different memory cards, speeds, faulty cards, etc. With Android not such a big of a deal as performance varies widely from phone to phone. However, all iPhone 4S will operate the exact same way. When you create an app for it you know it will run the same for every single person.

Bullhockey. On a phone with a replaceable battery, if you run out of juice during the day, carry a slim battery and replace it and you're ready to go. On one without, carry a power cable (and find a power source) or a bulky external power case.

All iPhone 4S don't operate the same way because all iPhone 4S don't have the same software suite on them. You can take two exact phones, PCs, or anything else, and let one person install X software on one and Y software on the other, and when they BOTH install Z it will be different because X has more process running, etc. Fragmentation is a problem in the Android world but that's the price of CHOICE of paying more for a super fast phone w/o keyboard and with bigger screen, vs three choices in the other world, with no choice of replaceable battery, MicroSD, custom ROMs, corporate lockdowns.

Getting back to the deal I don't think its that hot even for a no contract version of this phone. Probably will be a universal price drop soon at all the prepaid carriers.

"Temporary Price Cut"

Text

as owner of an iphone repair shop, I can assure you the battery is replaceable. It is one of the easiest things to replace on an iphone. Literally takes 1 minute

lobstersoap said:   clearanceman said:   With non replaceable battery and memory that isn't expandable.

as owner of an iphone repair shop, I can assure you the battery is replaceable. It is one of the easiest things to replace on an iphone. Literally takes 1 minute

Professional guy

lobstersoap said:   clearanceman said:   With non replaceable battery and memory that isn't expandable.

I wish that was the case when my 3GS' battery bloated and had to be replaced. It took quite some time and tedious work disconnecting all the small cables and reconnecting them.

Can this be unlocked to work on international GSM carriers? I know Virgin is using CDMA.

Thanks

Sale ends today (10/27). I just uploaded the shelf tag for confirmation. (via ORDUSA at HoFo)

I got a 4 on this deal. Most of the Targets in my city were OOS. I went to a store that had them "In Stock," per the web site, but none were on the shelf. The electronics department guy used my printout to get the inventory ID number and found one in the back room.

In my opinion, it's a better option to buy an Iphone(AT&T ONLY) off of eBay and use it on the Straight Talk $45 unlimited talk/text/web plan. It uses the AT&T towers. All you need to buy is a sim card from Straight Talk. I've been on it about 6 months and it's been great. I was on Virgin Mobile for a year and it was decent but the downfall is that the phone can only be used on their network. Also, they use the Sprint network and they are not the best in my area.

Tosunum said:   Can this be unlocked to work on international GSM carriers? I know Virgin is using CDMA.

Thanks

For 4S Gevey and R-Sim cards should work for 5.0-5.11 versions of IOS(buy the version for CDMA 4S). You can't upgrade IOS until Gevey/RSIM catches up to IOS versions though.

CDMA versions of Iphone 4 is pretty nasty to unlock. Baseband firmware associated with IOS 5.1x are not unlockable so far IRC. So better get an AT&T Iphone4 and you can get an official unlock for <$10 on eBay and you can upgrade IOS freely afterwards.

Bought a 4s at the garland TX target, no mention of this price but it rang up $499!

Just picked one up today - November 3rd - Houston, TX for $499!

bkay77584 said:   Just picked one up today - November 3rd - Houston, TX for $499!

Did they make you activate it in the store?

JDubTrey said:   bkay77584 said:   Just picked one up today - November 3rd - Houston, TX for $499!

Did they make you activate it in the store?

mine did, would not even sell it until the phone geek got there.

My sales associate just went in the back, brought one out and rang up the sale. No mention of activation. Since this is a Christmas present for my son who already has a Virgin Mobile Optimus Elite pre-pay, I wouldn't have done it anyhow. I'll activate it on Christmas Eve on Virgin's website or place them a call.

Did the new sign give an ending date?
I'm debating just waiting until black friday to see what deals arise.

I kept checking online and the price kept showing as $499. Like you, I debated whether to go buy or wait until BF. The sign just showed "temporary price cut" in store. No idea how long it might continue to last.

TheGMan said:   Did the new sign give an ending date?
I'm debating just waiting until black friday to see what deals arise.

If you do not open it how long will target let you return it?

Most unopened items in new condition returned within 90 days will receive a refund or exchange. Some items have a modified return policy that is less than 90 days.

The following items must be returned within 30 days: netbooks, laptops, eReaders, tablets, cameras, camcorders, digital audio players, GPS systems, video game hardware, personal DVD players, and no-contract cell phones. For these items purchased between 11/1 12/25, the 30 day refund period will start on 12/26.

Got iPhone 4s $499 this evening at pearland, tx store. No activation no phone, so activated it in store. Look like they have plenty in stock. 2 colors to choose.

I don't mean to crap on the deal but my question is that this is a 1 year old phone. The iPhone 5 is out and my understanding is that unlocked base-line iPhones retail for $649 in the current iPhone 5.

I imagine that if $500 is the "deal" price on an unlocked 1 year old iPhone 4s, then the "regular" price is way too close to the price of the new iPhone 5 unlocked directly from Apple. Of course, you can't currently buy an unlocked iPhone 5 from Apple but you will in a week or two or whenever they get a handle on their supply.

seallymat said:   Got iPhone 4s $499 this evening at pearland, tx store. No activation no phone, so activated it in store. Look like they have plenty in stock. 2 colors to choose.

Virgin Mobile has them for $449.00 - no activation required. Order online.
I was able to get it for $300:
1) Ordered discounted "top up cards" - $400 account value cost $300.
2) Virgin Mobile says you can buy phones with account balance, but doesn't tell you that they limit your account balance to $400, so after loading up too $400 in TopUp cards, I was blocked.
3) Called Virgin Mobile, escalated 3 times. They discounted the phone down to $400.00.
Net paid: $300.00 (no tax)

Note, this is a lot of money for a 3G only phone... (not for me)
If it was for me, I'd wait for the Iphone 5.

USB extended battery chargers with wires long enough to make my phone into a flail. Memory is expandable via cloud services.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014